Paint Ideas for my F40

• Thread starter SkierPS3
  • 63 comments
United States
Connecticut
Skier1017,GTP_Skier
PSN Skier
I just fully tuned my F40 (not too shabby), and I want a nice paintjob to go with it. I just want color combination suggestions. Though I'd prefer to avoid black as a primary paint.

Reading the title I was going to suggest Black with Black wheels :)

Seeing as you don't want that, maybe Silver chrome with gold wheels (Or gold with silver wheels).
White with Black wheels may look quite good. Or a blue colour with white wheels (the Nissan R34 GTR has a nice shade of blue available).

I have three F40s, one in Gold Poly, one in WR Blue Mica and one in Lime Green.
They look great, so I'll recommend blue and lime. But if you want to something that looks really good (at least IMO), I suggest the red pearlescent from the TVR premiums. :drool:

Thanks, I'll try these out. The blue sounds nice, a good change from the common red and black Ferraris I always see.

The guy up there who said wrc blu mica had a good idea, it's an amazing color and look amazing on every car.
Anyway i remember a guy in this forum with a white f40. Usually i don't like white cars but...it was awesome.

(My f40 is black)

ve57RSbnyxTN08ro8_0.jpg

As soon as I bought one early in the game, I painted it whatever the yellow Ferrari color is.
And I must say, it looked pretty natural on the car.
I know you said that you didn't want it to be painted black, but I'm sorry, that's the color I would recommend. If you want, I can post a few pictures to show you how nice the F40 looks in black. Or at least the Starlight Black mine is.

I ended up doing a blue paint with white rims, looks great. Though those white and yellow pics look great, I may buy another

I have two F40´s.
One is in stock colour and the other is in "Spectrum Blue Metallic" (Jaguar XKR´10).
And this looks amazing !!

My best commendation of combination of colors of the body and the rims, is the bright yellow(Giallo modena) alongside either gold wheels or white, although the hue kinda only matches the car with curvaceous shapes rather than a rugged-looking one.

As for light-reflective tints such as the reflex purple and orange available from TVR cars, I figure these colors depend on your preference as the car glitters too much whenever it basks in the sunshine, if you care about how your car looks in a different location. I've once tried putting it on the Mclaren F1, but it didn't really sound good to me so I repainted the car with a different painting item.

👍 Couldn't agree more. Supercars/race cars (I don't know exactly which category the F40 is in :P) are stupid when tuned.

My Black Ferrari's would have to disagree with you. I've still got a full set of stock Red Ferrari's though if I ever want to just have a drive :P

Back