Paint Ideas for my F40

• Thread starter SkierPS3
  • 63 comments
132-2.jpg

135-2.jpg

144-2.jpg

Note to this: there is never produced an original F40 in an other factory color than Red.
Many users let their carpain after they recieved them. In my opinion the yellow Ferrari colors looks great on a F40.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the newer ideas, but I already painted it blue with white rims. Looks nice, though I have a second stock F40 that I may paint based on these newer suggestions. And to the guy who said I ruined it, how? I bought it, I choose how to use it, so I tuned it to make it better. It's not going to be winning as many races stock.

there are a couple dark red metallic (may be pearl..) chips that look nice.
my first F40 was painted blue-green with dark orange metallic rims, mainly because I was so displeased with how the car handled... what I realize now is that I simply sucked at driving and tuning at the time, like many other people at the time...

I know it's not possible in GT5 (or in real life probably) but I wonder if an F40 would look good if it was naked carbon fibre?

Or as a stealth car really. :dopey:
That would be a dream come true NFS. I'd go with Matte Black as that's the closest to it. It looks pretty nice too. Also that yellow one was very nice.

I have three F40s, one in Gold Poly, one in WR Blue Mica and one in Lime Green.
They look great, so I'll recommend blue and lime. But if you want to something that looks really good (at least IMO), I suggest the red pearlescent from the TVR premiums. :drool:
+1 for the WR Blue Mica 👍

I find the WR Blue Mica looks good on many cars, it's rare to see the colour on other cars than Subarus.

I have a stock Red one and my other tuned one is Silver Chrome with Reflex Spice wheels. It looks great but can't post any pictures as I'm on my phone. :-)

Eeww... chrome F40? Nasty stuff you got there. All opinion don't flame me. ;)

I'm going to grab my F40 and paint it that lovely yellow? (Stealing the thread for a moment) What yellow would be best to match the one in the real life photo?

Mine is Yellow with red rims and I have a black one with red rims.
Both drive horrible but do the La Sarthe in 3.16 :D

Mines Gold Chrome with those wheels which have a silver outer circle on them and only the inside can be painted (Gold Chrome).
It's like driving an ingot :D

Leave it with its ever so signature rosso corsa... I dont like touching something thats already beautiful to me, but hey anthracite metallic dont look half bad either !

EliteDreamer
Eeww... chrome F40? Nasty stuff you got there. All opinion don't flame me. ;)

I'm going to grab my F40 and paint it that lovely yellow? (Stealing the thread for a moment) What yellow would be best to match the one in the real life photo?

Steal evo's ever so signature dandilion yellow, dunno how it would look but its the first thing that i thought of

This one is from my "Happy Car" thread... Traded it with two guys...

Cavallino satanico
The Ferrari F40 in a dark colour scheme. Fully tuned.

I always keep the factory rims on it. Much better. Also thanks for the colour suggestion bullet. Still have to try it out. 👍

Ras35001
Paint idea for all cars in GT5: silver chrome :dopey:

Actually, out of the 600 odd cars I have, the F40 is the only one that is painted chrome... It looks terrible on most cars. :-)

Mine is a nice pale yellow with black wheels, I love the looks of it, just a pity its not competitive in online racing :(

Back