[PC] Who wants to build a Project Cars "Club"

• Thread starter howgudami
  • 33 comments
howgudami
Quoted from my Reddit Post ( http://www.reddit.com/r/pcars/commen...ect_cars_club/ ), but including here for visibility:

Hi All!.

Been playing the game since launch on my newly built (AMD - sigh) gaming rig and really enjoying it! I have migrated from GT5 and 6 on the PS3 (now sold) with my (quite old but it works just fine) Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel. I am by no means a pro but can get around the track!.

One thing I loved about GT5 was that I had a community of people to play with, rarely did I need to venture in to public servers. I have seen a few people posting tournaments etc up on here - which is great. I look forward to joining /u/yetteh [1] on Saturday for the UKTC - a 6 race, 6 week season in GT3 cars.

What I would like to build, is more than just a race series/tournament. I would like to build a community/club, whilst race series and tournaments would be ran and included, there would also be challenges, track days and other general sessions for members to get involved in (think demolition derby, economy runs etc).

My proposal for the club would be to have initiation criteria, for example, anyone who wants to be a member would need to have a reasonable internet connection, a headset/mic (and basic English skills) and the ability to drive cleanly (or willingness to learn).

Any member (if the club became popular, this may need restricting somewhat) could then post challenges or sessions to our club forum/subreddit/somewhere. There would be an agreed title prefix and password for any sessions hosted.
The possibilities are endless for this, but firstly, I would like to know if anyone is interested. I am happy to drive this forward (see what I did there) if there is appetite for such a community, from the community.

If you are interested, please just make a post below stating that - also, if you are willing to help lay out rules and other 'admin' tasks - let me know that too! I am UK based, but do not want to exclude on region - if we get enough members, there could be events at all hours.

I'd probably be interested in such a thing, I've been really missing all the fun community racing since I moved to PC's 6 months ago.

I'd probably be interested in such a thing, I've been really missing all the fun community racing since I moved to PC's 6 months ago.

Add me on steam and let me know your username so that I can invite you :).

I look forward to racing with you.

I think my Steam name is the same as on here, or BrandonWright77. I haven't done any pCars online yet, just finally got the FFB sorted out last night so I should be ready to race now. I hosted many GT5/GT6 leagues, clubs, and events on GTP so I can help with ideas, rules, procedures, etc. I'm in Murica though, Eastern time, so I'd probably only be able to hook up with you on weekends.

I'm definitely interested. Since my PS3 stopped working and I made the decision to go with PC as PS4 doesn't have G27 compatibility, I'm missing the community aspect I had with GT6.

I think my Steam name is the same as on here, or BrandonWright77. I haven't done any pCars online yet, just finally got the FFB sorted out last night so I should be ready to race now. I hosted many GT5/GT6 leagues, clubs, and events on GTP so I can help with ideas, rules, procedures, etc. I'm in Murica though, Eastern time, so I'd probably only be able to hook up with you on weekends.

I will await your request as I cannot seem to find you on steam. Hopefully, we will have a few members of the US so that some events can be set up to suit your time zone too!.

I'm definitely interested. Since my PS3 stopped working and I made the decision to go with PC as PS4 doesn't have G27 compatibility, I'm missing the community aspect I had with GT6.
Yup. That is pretty much why I am doing this, add me on steam and let me know your username, then I can add you to the group.

Good racing today in the PCDC lobby. 👍
Can't wait for some organised race series to participate in.

Project Cars Drivers Club on Steam has been growing nicely and now offers:

- A GT3 league that races on Saturdays
- A Formula C league that races on Sundays
- A weekly TT and racing with the TT combo on Fridays
- Ad hoc racing at various times and days

If you're on PC and looking for a racing club to join, look us up on Steam.

Back in May, howgudami created this thread looking for like minded people to create a Project Cars drivers club on PC and I joined up.

Since then, we have gathered around 25 active members and completed our first 'season' which consisted of 18 league events and a variety of time trials.

Before I go any further, I would like to point out what we are not - we are not the biggest club for Project CARS, we are not the most organised and I doubt we are the fastest drivers.

We do have a lot of fun though! We are a close knit group of racers from around the world (though our races are most friendly to UK and EU time zones) and welcome all newcomers, regardless of skill, as long as they/you are willing to read and abide by our rules.

So, why am I posting? Well, we have just finished our planning for Season 2 which will start on the week commencing 24th August - and it would be great to see some new friends on the track.

There are going to be GT3, Historic F1 and LMP1 leagues as well a Friday Night Racing league (using the mixed car/track combo from our weekly time trial) and a handful of one off events.

Hopefully this sounds interesting to you, and you would like to join! I do have a couple of asks of you before you can join - please head over to our website at http://pcdc.link , take the time to look around, read our rules and watch the driving school videos.

Once you have done that, fill in the 'join us' form on the site, so that we can add you on Steam, and invite you to the group.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask below :).

See you on the track!

Id be up for either driving in the league or helping out behind the scenes with league tables ect bc that's the stuff I'm good at, I've also got a YouTube channel with 54 subs where I hope to post more project cars stuff ect (Cafferz99) but like is said I'm open to both and I'm good with numbers

This sounds like it'd be a good fit for me. Would there be any issues if I cant make every event and just join the ones I'm interested in/have time for?

PCDC (Project Cars Drivers Club) is starting season 5 soon.
If you're interested look us up on Steam or visit http://www.pcdc.link

The following cars will feature in the Support and Main League:
  • G55 GT4
  • Formula Renault
Track List
Below are the selected tracks for Season 5 Support and Main League. You will also find the weather and in-game time/date that is going to be used during the races. The first slot will be used during all practice, qualifying and the support races (G55) and all three slots will be used during the main race.

Week 1: Zolder - 26th March 2016
Race Time: 14H00 July 1st
Weather 1: Light Cloud
Weather 2: Hazy
Weather 3: Clear

Week 2: Sakitto GP - 2nd April 2016
Race Time: 18H00 July 1st
Weather 1: Clear
Weather 2: Clear

Week 3: Laguna Seca - 9th April 2016
Race Time: 09H00 July 1st
Weather 1: Light Cloud
Weather 2: Heavy Cloud
Weather 3: Rain

Week 4: Dubai Autodrome GP - 16th April 2016
Race Time: 15H00 July 1st
Weather 2: Light Cloud

Week 5: Brands Hatch GP - 23rd April 2016
Race Time:12H00 July 1st
Weather 1: Rain
Weather 2: Thunderstorm
Weather 3: Rain

Week 6: Azure Circuit - 30th April 2016
Race Time: 23H00 July 1st
Weather 2: Clear

Schedule
Times are UTC+0 on Saturday.
  • 4.30pm - 30 min Practice G55
  • 5.00pm - 30 min Qualifying G55
  • 5.30pm - 5 min Warm Up G55
  • 5.35pm - 30 min G55 Race 1
  • 5 min buffer
  • 6.10pm - 5 min Warm Up G55
  • 6.15pm - 30 min G55 Race 2 (Reverse Grid)
  • 5 min buffer
  • 6.50pm - 1 hour Practice Formula Renault
  • 7.50pm - 30 min Qualifying Formula Renault
  • 8.20pm - 5 min Warm Up Formula Renault
  • 8.25pm - 1 hour race
  • 5 min buffer
  • 9.30pm - Close

We're at the end of season 5 this weekend.
Season 6 will start in a few weeks and the main race on Saturdays will be GT3's.
We also have a 3 hour endurance next weekend at the coming 24 hr version of Nordschleife with teams of 2 in GT3's.

PCDC (Project Cars Drivers Club) is starting season 6 on 27 May 2016.

• Renault Clio Cup
  • GT3 Class
Event information

Week 1 (28th May)
In Game Start Time: 13.00
Weather: Light Cloud, Clear, Haze
Track: Barcelona - 41 laps

Week 2 (4th June)
In Game Start Time: 23:00
Weather: Light cloud, Fog, Heavy Fog
Track: Zhuhai International Circuit - 45 laps

Week 3 (11th June)
In Game Start Time: 08.00
Weather: Heavy Rain, Clear, Light Rain
Track: Oschersleben GP - 44 laps

Week 4 (18th June)
In Game Start Time: 16.00
Weather: Clear, Random, Random
Track: Le Circuit Bugatti - 44 laps

Week 5 (25th June)
In Game Start Time: 00:00
Weather: Clear, Light cloud, Heavy cloud
Track: Snetterton 300 - 40 laps

Week 6 (2nd July)
Weather: Clear, Random, Random
Track: Watkins Glen GP - 42 laps

Session format
The sessions will be run as following (all times UTC+0 and approx)

16:30 - Support race practice session (30 minutes)
17:00 - Support race qualifying (30 minutes)
17:30 - Support race 1 warm up (5 minutes)
17:35 - Support race 1 (30 minute timed race run with the first weather slot for that weekends event)
18:10 - Support race 2 warm up (5 minutes)
18:15 - Support race 2 (30 minute reverse grid timed race run with the first weather slot for that weekends event)
18:50 - Main race practice (1 hour)
19:50 - Main race qualifying (30 minutes)
20:20 - Main race warm up (5 minutes)
20:20 - Main race (1 hour race run over the amount of laps posted with three weather slots)

Last edited:
Quoted from my Reddit Post ( http://www.reddit.com/r/pcars/commen...ect_cars_club/ ), but including here for visibility:

Hi All!.

Been playing the game since launch on my newly built (AMD - sigh) gaming rig and really enjoying it! I have migrated from GT5 and 6 on the PS3 (now sold) with my (quite old but it works just fine) Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel. I am by no means a pro but can get around the track!.

One thing I loved about GT5 was that I had a community of people to play with, rarely did I need to venture in to public servers. I have seen a few people posting tournaments etc up on here - which is great. I look forward to joining /u/yetteh [1] on Saturday for the UKTC - a 6 race, 6 week season in GT3 cars.

What I would like to build, is more than just a race series/tournament. I would like to build a community/club, whilst race series and tournaments would be ran and included, there would also be challenges, track days and other general sessions for members to get involved in (think demolition derby, economy runs etc).

My proposal for the club would be to have initiation criteria, for example, anyone who wants to be a member would need to have a reasonable internet connection, a headset/mic (and basic English skills) and the ability to drive cleanly (or willingness to learn).

Any member (if the club became popular, this may need restricting somewhat) could then post challenges or sessions to our club forum/subreddit/somewhere. There would be an agreed title prefix and password for any sessions hosted.
The possibilities are endless for this, but firstly, I would like to know if anyone is interested. I am happy to drive this forward (see what I did there) if there is appetite for such a community, from the community.

If you are interested, please just make a post below stating that - also, if you are willing to help lay out rules and other 'admin' tasks - let me know that too! I am UK based, but do not want to exclude on region - if we get enough members, there could be events at all hours.
I'd be very interested as I'm a PC racer and have to much money invested in PC to buy a ps4 or 3

PCDC (Project Cars Drivers Club) is starting season 7 on 27 July 2016.

• Formula Rookie
  • Indycar

Event information

Week 1 (30th July)
Weather: Cloud, Light Cloud
Track: Monza

Week 2 (6th August)
In Game Start Time: 17:00
Weather: Clear, Clear
Track: Laguna Seca

Week 3 (13th August)
In Game Start Time: 09.00
Weather: Random, Random
Track: Road America

Week 4 (20th August)
Weather: Fog, Random
Track: Bathurst

Week 5 (27th August)
In Game Start Time: 23:00
Weather: Light cloud, Clear
Track: Azure

Week 6 (3rd September)
In Game Start Time: 23.00
Track: Zolder

Session format
The sessions will be run as follows (all times UTC+0 and approx)

16:30 - Support race practice session (30 minutes)
17:00 - Support race qualifying (30 minutes)
17:30 - Support race 1 warm up (5 minutes)
17:35 - Support race 1 (20 minute timed race run with the first weather slot for that weekends event)
17:55 - Support race 2 warm up (5 minutes)
18:00 - Support race 2 (20 minute timed reverse grid race run with the first weather slot for that weekends event)
18:20 - Support race 3 warm up (5 minutes)
18:25 - Support race 3 (20 minute timed reverse grid race run with the first weather slot for that weekends event)
18:45 - Main race practice (1 hour)
19:45 - Main race qualifying (30 minutes)
20:15 - Main race warm up (5 minutes)
20:20 - Main race (1 hour race with two weather slots)

Hi all,

PCDC is pleased to announce season 9 is here! This season we again will be running an extra long season comprising of 10 races and will start on the 7th of January.

There are some changes to the format as discussed in the main season 9 announcement. But please find below list of changes that reflect these races:
  • The days racing structure has been adjusted to be shortened and more accommodating for racers. Please see at the bottom of this post for full details.
  • Start time of the Saturday event has now changed to 7pm UK time.
  • There will now only be two 15 minute support races.
  • The main race will only be 45 minutes now.
  • Tyre wear will now increase to x3 in main league.
  • Tyre wear removed from support league.

The Support Race will be run in the Toyota 86.

The Main Race will be run in the Toyota TS040.

There will be a BOP system for the main league. The winner of a main league race has to reduce the restrictor by 3 clicks for the remaining races. The 2nd place has to reduce the restrictor by 2 clicks, and 3rd, 1 click. These will be noted in the standings spreadsheet.

There will be no team league this season but please don't let that put you off teaming up with someone if you wish.

Here is a link to the Spreadsheet where you can view leagues and standings

Event Calendar
Week 1 (7th January)
In Game Start Time: 12.00
Weather: Medium Cloud, Light Cloud
Track: Road America

Week 2 (14th January)
In Game Start Time: 23.00
Track: Laguna Seca

Week 3 (21st January)
In Game Start Time: 10.00
Track: Sonoma Raceway Short

Week 4 (28th January)
In Game Start Time: 01.00
Weather: Heavy Cloud, Clear
Track: Hockenheim Classic

Week 5 (4th February)
Weather: Heavy Cloud, Light Cloud
Track: Brands Hatch GP

Week 6 (11th February)
Weather: Rain, Thunderstorm
Track: Donnington National

Week 7 (18th February)
In Game Start Time: 12.00
Track: Barcelona GP

Week 8 (25th February)
Weather: Random, Random
Track: Imola

Week 9 (4th March)
In Game Start Time: 09.00
Weather: Heavy Fog, Medium Cloud
Track: Hockenheim GP

Week 10 (11th March)
In Game Start Time: 18.00
Weather: Light Rain, Heavy Cloud
Track: Sakkito GP

Session Format

Support league starts at 7pm UK time:
No practice
15 minute qualifying
5 minute warmup
2x 15 minute races

Main league starts after support:
30 minute practice
10 minute qualifying
5 minute warmup
45 minute race
In case you need to pit during a support race it is advised that you follow this guide so you won't come out on wrong tyres.

Last edited:
I'm interested to join PCDC - at least some of the races and I like to get some experience from OnLine races. Now I have only done those Community Events (time trials). What is Support Race and for whom? Is that the series I could only join or could I join the Main Races too?

I'm interested to join PCDC - at least some of the races and I like to get some experience from OnLine races. Now I have only done those Community Events (time trials). What is Support Race and for whom? Is that the series I could only join or could I join the Main Races too?

The support races are for anyone, as is the main race. They are different championships though.
The support races are sprint races while the main race has some strategy and is longer.

You can enter any events and you do not have to participate every week.
You earn championship points for every race you enter.

Also, not mentioned in the post above, is that PCDC runs a race every Friday night. This race is a randomly chosen track and car every week. During the week you can run the in-game TT for the combo, and the TT positions determine the starting grid. This race is 1 hour long. The championship also runs for 10 weeks.

We also finish each season with an endurance race. The endurance race at the end of season 9 is 2.5 hours of Bathurst in the Palmer Jaguar.

To join PCDC go to http://www.pcdc.link and sign up.

Back