• No

Votes: 19 95.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Finland
Finland
Red Bull confirmed Perez to stay with the outfit until 2026.

However, ironically, after the news, Perez's performances have gone downhill - even further than they already have, that is.

The Mexican driver is known for missing out on Q3 often, and recently being knocked out as early as Q1.

Do you think Red Bull will go through with this plan? I have sincere doubts, and considering Perez with these performances got a contract renewal, he has set a very low bar for a possible replacement.

If he keeps performing like he’s been performing, there’s no way they’ll keep him on even for ‘25. They’ve even hinted as much this week. They just can’t keep him on unless he gets a move on. It was a political decision anyway - Horner vs Marko - and I wouldn’t place a particularly big bet on him being in the car next year.

I think this is probably a part of the reason Sainz hasn’t committed to a team yet, although I suspect it’ll be between Ricciardo and Tsunoda if he gets replaced, Sainz has a better chance at Mercedes.

Last edited:
Perez will also drop down to 7th in the WDC tomorrow, undoubtedly. :lol:

And if McLaren keeps performing like this, it'll be hard for Red Bull to stay 1st.

Unless there's another F1-ready Mexican driver who's existence alone sells out the Mexican Grand Prix AND does numbers for the company in Mexico, Red Bull are gonna back him regardless of what the fans think or his performances (While also grumbling at the limited options they have due to said dilemma). That and frankly, I can't think of a Red Bull Jr who's backing is greater then what Carlos Slim provides..and its ALOT.

Last edited:
He’s screwed if this is true

“These clauses include not being more than 100 points behind Max Verstappen after the Belgian Grand Prix - the gap is 119 heading into the British GP - with another understood to dictate that he cannot be more than five places behind Verstappen in the standings”

Last edited:
Merc. is reportedly bringing a big upgrade to Hungaroring & is another track Lewis has 8 wins at and will be looking to keep this momentum going.

...and what does this have to do with Perez? :D
With the Macs & Mercs now running away, my hombre gonna struggle to even be competing with Ferrari at this rate.

If Sargeant out-qualifies him again, I think it's "GG" for Checo & I'm not sure Daniel is even the right choice.

Last edited:
With the Macs & Mercs now running away, my hombre gonna struggle to even be competing with Ferrari at this rate.

If Sargeant out-qualifies him again, I think it's "GG" for Checo & I'm not sure Daniel is even the right choice.
Liam Lawson is testing soon. Perez will be gone after the break. Or perhaps even at Spa.

Liam Lawson is testing soon. Perez will be gone after the break. Or perhaps even at Spa.
Do... do you throw Liam in that seat & see how he goes?
200.gif

*I'm not against it. I'm sure Daniel and Yuki will love that, though lol.

It would be good for Lawson learn the ropes at least, be it in place of Perez or Danny Ric, Sainz is still going spare for 2025 at the moment though and getting the job done at Ferrari unlike Leclerc.

It's like Ferrari with Massa all over again.

Well it feels like it. I know that would not have lasted as long as it did if Kubica hadn't had his rally crash in 2011.

Last edited:
Well if all that is true, then I guess its time to countdown how long before the Mexican Grand Prix is gone..

I do wonder though if Marko was the one who put those parts in there given how he wasn't exactly for Perez (Even went about it in a racist matter).

Last edited:
Well if all that is true, then I guess its time to countdown how long before the Mexican Grand Prix is gone..

I do wonder though if Marko was the one who put those parts in there given how he wasn't exactly for Perez (Even went about it in a racist matter).
It's on contract til' 2025, but it'd be really silly for the FIA/Liberty to suddenly drop it just because the sport's Mexican driver is not doing well. The circuit has already spent most of its time back on the calendar when Checo was originally hanging around just inside the top 10.

Last edited:
It's on contract til' 2025, but it'd be really silly for the FIA/Liberty to suddenly drop it just because the sport's Mexican driver is not doing well. The circuit has already spent most of its time back on the calendar when Checo was originally hanging around just inside the top 10.

I don't mean literally the next year obviously, I mean just watching the attendance drop because their home driver is no longer there to the point that it's no longer as much of a sellout and its off the calender. Sure there are Grand Prix still on the Calender while not having a driver from the region but the examples I can think of off the top of my head seem to be there more due to their long time status (Spa, Italy, Hungary) that seems to render that insignificant.

Last edited:
I don't mean literally the next year obviously, I mean just watching the attendance drop because their home driver is no longer there to the point that it's no longer as much of a sellout and its off the calender.
I'd give the Mexican fans more credit than that. If he were to leave, they'd more than likely keep attending.
Sure there are Grand Prix still on the Calender while not having a driver from the region but the examples I can think of off the top of my head seem to be there more due to their long time status (Spa, Italy, Hungary) that seems to render that insignificant.
Bahrain, Saudi, Austria, Azerbaijan, Qatar, Abu Dhabi, 3 US races, China, Singapore, Italy getting a 2nd race in Imola, all seem to be doing fine without fielding a respective driver (Sargeant & Zhou are just there at this point). If they can survive, I'm sure Mexico can as well.

In addition, Carlos Domit is listed by Wiki as the person who revealed plans for a return to Mexico City. And he is listed as a member of the FIA Senate, so I'd reckon he'd explore all options to keep his home circuit in place.

Bahrain, Saudi, Austria, Azerbaijan, Qatar, Abu Dhabi, 3 US races, China, Singapore, Italy getting a 2nd race in Imola, all seem to be doing fine without fielding a respective driver (Sargeant & Zhou are just there at this point). If they can survive, I'm sure Mexico can as well.

Fair point, though I just tend to ignore the Middle East races that feel like they exist purely due to the same typical shady governments that Bernie has a fetish for (which I suppose would include China). Obviously, Red Bull alone pretty much guarantees Austria ain't going anywhere.
In addition, Carlos Domit is listed by Wiki as the person who revealed plans for a return to Mexico City. And he is listed as a member of the FIA Senate, so I'd reckon he'd explore all options to keep his home circuit in place.
Well damn, guess that puts a dent in the assumption I've had for abit (Otherwise, I couldn't think of any reason for Sergio to have been there for as long as he has).

Perez always seems to slump after signing new contracts.

Remember when he signed for McLaren for 2013? He failed to score a single point for the remainder of 2012 after signing said contract so this is nothing new with Sergio.

In this case, the slump started before the new contract was signed but has clearly worsened since.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back