Performance points disappearing on some cars after latest update

• Thread starter jco
  • 8 comments

jco

United States
United States
So I installed the latest version of GT7 yesterday, and got to grinding out menu books as one does. For one of the races, I wanted to use my 1994 R32 GT-R, and had to switch the tires from dirt to racing tires. When I did so, the performance points switched to showing an exclamation mark, or a caution symbol. When I changed the front tires to any other kind of tire, the car measured it's PP again. I've tried it on a few other cars, and have had a few others such as the Shelby GT350. Can anybody help? Is this just a bug that will eventually get patched out or is this some new feature?

It is a bug. In rare cases, the game cannot calculate the car's PP, and it means the car is unusable in races. All you can do is change settings until the PP can be established.

It is a bug. In rare cases, the game cannot calculate the car's PP, and it means the car is unusable in races. All you can do is change settings until the PP can be established.
Ok, thank you very much! Hopefully Polyphony fixes this and the miriad of other issues in 1.50

jco
Ok, thank you very much! Hopefully Polyphony fixes this and the miriad of other issues in 1.50
We can hope, but the PP system is already flawed, as cars display strange PP calculations sometimes. Like I remember on specific cars where moving the downforce slider back or forwards one click changes the car's PP by a whole 10 units.

There will always be cases where the PP doesn't work like it should.

Last edited:
We can hope, but the PP system is already flawed, as cars display strange PP calculations sometimes. Like I remember on specific cars where moving the downforce slider back or forwards one click changes the car's PP by a whole 10 units.
Agree, and it is superbly stupid
Yesterday, setting up the Mazda Atenza for Engine swap
ballast +1 PP+10
ballast +2 PP+10.1
ballast +3 PP-15
ballast +4 PP+1
ballast +5 PP-8

changing brake discs from sport to normal: acceleration values decrease,
changing brake discs from normal to racing: acceleration values decrease even more,
really, sport racing discs make the car GO faster?

But it isnt any different than before 1.49, its not a new bug.

Last edited:
jco
They both are, but without nitrous
How's it drive since the update? The same happened with my 959 swapped 911. I wanted to see if it would let me on the track with the "!" PP, it did and the car was a death trap. I kind of wonder if the "!" is trying to tell you the car undrivable.

How's it drive since the update? The same happened with my 959 swapped 911. I wanted to see if it would let me on the track with the "!" PP, it did and the car was a death trap. I kind of wonder if the "!" is trying to tell you the car undrivable.
The R32 drives beautifully, could only do it in time trials
I also tried the GT350 and it's a bit hard to control, but that's probably the fault of my tuning.

I tested both in time trials on Michelin raceway and Watkins Glen

Back