Petit Le Mans 2007 (10th Anniversary of Event)

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 23 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
It's time to get your hands on some Le Mans invites again. The road to next year's Le Mans (at least for America) begins with Petit Le Mans. It's the youngest prestigious sportscar endurance in the world, and it all takes place on the beautiful and challenging Road Atlanta course. Race distance is 10 hours or 1,000 miles, whichever comes first. This year's race marks the 10th anniversary of this great race. Winning this race means that you've survived time as well as this tricky 2.54-mile circuit. This year's race takes place on the weekend of 10/3/2007 through 10/6/2007. Nothing like watching some great sportscar racing in the early days and weeks of Fall/Autumn. Care to kick off discussion of this year's race, Petit Le Mans itself, Petit Le Mans moments, or anything directly related? You're free to start things off even though we're nowhere close to this actual race at the date of this first post.

Once this weekend's race at the terrifically fun (and dangerous) Mosport circuit goes down and the expected crash fest at Belle-Isle gets all the carbon-fibre bits sorted out I imagine we'll be able to speculate about this race far more easily. For now though how about rumors of European's making the trip? We know the Masi MC12 will be back after an overall successful outing at Road America anyone else care to share who they've heard might be making an appearance (or two - at Laguna as well perhaps?) at the 10th Annual PLM? Again this will be a terrific festival of speed and I expect the crowds to be better than ever - which is saying a substantial amount!

Dave

Ford GT-TV'

Last I heard Oliver Kuttner and Doran Racing were trying to debut their Ford GTR at this years Petit Lemans. But now that Doran Racing is runing the Maserati Im not so sure. Anyone else know whats going on?

It's just a few days off,so I thought that this should be brought back up.My main question is,will there be a proper GT1 class?I would like to see more than the Vettes running on Sat.:irked:

The entrylist generally gives an impression of who will show up. Also, there was a test session yesterday and the first official practice this morning. In about 5 mins practice two is covered on Globecast I believe. Right now it looks like two 'Vettes and the Doran Masi previously mentioned.

Dave

So far, No new european entries for GT2 or GT1. However, there are some interesting entries for P1 and P2:

1521032007173519625.JPG

Arena Motorsports Zytek 07S LMP1
1521032007195213593.JPG

Creation Autosportif CA07
1521032007195019234.JPG

Barazi Epsilon Zytek 07S LMP2

Any word on whether Dario is driving?

Not that I'll see it...we have five ESPN's and CSTV but no Speed Channel, no Golf Channel, and no Versus. :mad:

Any word on whether Dario is driving?

Not that I'll see it...we have five ESPN's and CSTV but no Speed Channel, no Golf Channel, and no Versus. :mad:
It has been confirmed the he will not drive. He has been released from AGR and will be replaced by Vitor Meira.

Here are the current leaders as of thurday's night practice:

P1
Code:
1. Allan McNish/Dindo Capello    Audi R10 TDI  1:09.467
2. Marco Werner/Emanuele Pirro   Audi R10 TDI  1:09.507

P2
Code:
1. Romain Dumas/Timo Berhard/Patrick Long         Porsche RS Spyder   1:10.524 
2. Sascha Maassen/Ryan Briscoe/Emmanuel Collard   Porsche RS Spyder   1:10:674
3. Adrian Fernandez/Luis Diaz                     Lola B07/40 Acura   1:11.642

GT1
Code:
1. Oliver Gavin/Olivier Beretta/Max Papis          Corvette C6R       1:17.879
2. Johnny O'Connell/Jan Magnussen/Ron Fellows      Corvette C6R       1:17.906
3. Andrea Bertolini/Didier Theys/Fredy Lienhard    Maserati MC12      1:17.958

GT2
Code:
1. Johnny Mowlem/Jaime Melo/Mika Salo           Ferrari F430 GTC      1:21.617
2. Wolf Henzler/Dominik Farnbacher              Porsche 997 GT3 RS    1:21.628
3. Bill Auberland/Joey Hand/Tom Kimber-Smith   Panoz Esperante GTLM   1:21.768

And for those not familiar to Road Atlanta, Here is a lap:

So no predictions yet? Well I make mine I think the Audis will take the overall with penske and the Houston boys taking their respective classes.

The timing and scoring for the Petit Le Mans looks like there will be about 32 cars starting this year's race. It's been a while... but it's back! It's time I come up with some weird (but otherwise cool) FACT OR FICTION. But before I get to that, here will be my storyline for this race:

The Penske Porsche RS Spyders have upstaged Audi quite well in the ALMS. They could really upset the Audi boys with a Petit Le Mans win here. Can the Porsche RS Spyder upset Audi in a major sportscar race like this one?

Now FACT OR FICTION time. Get your thinking caps on. PLEASE let me know if I have something inaccurate or if one starter doesn't make the grid.

10th Anniversary of the Petit Le Mans - FACT OR FICTION?

1.) There will be at least one Porsche in the GT2 podium.

2.) The Maserati MC12 will finish.

3.) At least one Audi R10 TDI will not finish.

4.) At least three Porsches in GT2 will fail to finish.

5.) Risi Competizione will win GT2 regardless of which car finishes first.

6.) At least one Acura will occupy the P2 podium.

7.) Of the Ferrari F430GT's, Peter Dumbreck's Petersen/White Lightning entry will not see the finish line.

8.) Both Dyson Racing entries will not finish.

9.) At least one Zytek will finish the race.

10.) Of the Audi R10 TDI's, the #2 Audi will place higher than the #1 Audi.

11.) All Panoz will finish in GT2.

12.) Creation Autosportif will finish.

13.) Of the Porsche 911 GT3 RSR's in GT2, the highest-placed Porsche will be that of Darren Law's (#44) Flying Lizard.

14.) Johnny O' Connell's from Flowery Branch, GA. He wins in GT1 in his home state with Corvette power.

15.) The race will finish with no more than three cautions/safety car periods.

Hope you enjoy this year's Petit Le Mans. I'll try to watch as much as possible. I may end up going to the Wings Over Houston Air Show, so I may not be able to watch as much as possible. And for those of you who read my college football threads, I'm somewhat committed to watch Petit Le Mans. But I'll still have scores available for the games I'm able to report. This should be a great race. Keep this thread buzzing!

1. Fact. Usually is at least one
2. Fact. Its been proven to last and in the hands of Kevin Doran, It can happen
3. Fiction, Audi will have had their bugs worked out given the long break between Detroit and Petit Le Mans
4. hmmm, Thats been rare but maybe fact
5. Fact.
6. Fact. I have a feeling that Dyson won't be on the podium this time around.
7. Fiction. All the trouble they had last year and they still won.
8. Fiction. usually one goes down, but not the other
9. Fact. Its been a well proven car.
10. Hmmm, Can't exactly say
11. As much as I'd like them to, Chances are very slim
12. Fact.
13. Hmmm, again I can't say
14. I hope so
15. Fiction. Its Petit Le mans

Anyone have a team they want to see on pole?

EDIT: New Teams and cars in GT2
americanlemans.com
Three new independent customer teams representing three different auto manufacturers will race in the American Le Mans Series GT2 class next season. Bill Riley and Lou Gigliotti will introduce two Corvette C6's to next season's GT2 grid. The production-based Corvette will feature the standard Corvette C.6 engine which produces approximately 430 horsepower versus the 500-plus horsepower of its GT1 class Z06 engine counterpart. Joel Feinberg of Primetime Race Group will run a Dodge Viper factory-supported customer team with the intent of running multiple teams beginning at Sebring in 2008. The third new team is a Ford GT operated by Kevin Doran who intends to run the endurance races and provide cars to other top flight independent programs.

Homologation to ACO (Automobile Club de l'Ouest) specifications will occur immediately following the season in order that all cars will be available to participate in the American Le Mans Series Winter Test, January 28-30 at Sebring International Raceway. The new teams bring three U.S.-based auto manufactures to the grid, reinforcing the American Le Mans Series position as the world's leader in auto manufacturer participation. It is Ford's first production car foray into the American Le Mans Series.

And Here is the 2008 schedule:
Code:
March 15, Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring, Sebring, FL
April 5, Acura Sports Car Challenge, St. Petersburg, FL
April 19, Grand Prix of Long Beach, Long Beach, CA
April 26, Lone Star Grand Prix presented by MSR Houston, Houston, TX
May 18, Utah Grand Prix, Salt Lake City, UT
July 12, Northeast Grand Prix/Lime Rock, Lakeville, CT
July 19, Acura Sports Car Challenge/Mid-Ohio, Lexington, OH
August 9, Generac 500/Road America, Elkhart Lake, WI
August 24, Grand Prix of Mosport, Bowmanville, ON
August 30, Detroit Sports Car Challenge, Detroit, MI
October 4, Petit Le Mans, Braselton, GA
October 18, Monterey Sports Car Championships, Monterey, CA

1.) There will be at least one Porsche in the GT2 podium. Fact

2.) The Maserati MC12 will finish. Fiction Don't know enough about the team

3.) At least one Audi R10 TDI will not finish. fiction

4.) At least three Porsches in GT2 will fail to finish. fiction

5.) Risi Competizione will win GT2 regardless of which car finishes first. fact

6.) At least one Acura will occupy the P2 podium. fact

7.) Of the Ferrari F430GT's, Peter Dumbreck's Petersen/White Lightning entry will not see the finish line. fiction

8.) Both Dyson Racing entries will not finish. fiction I think they 'll both finish

9.) At least one Zytek will finish the race. fact

10.) Of the Audi R10 TDI's, the #2 Audi will place higher than the #1 Audi. fiction

11.) All Panoz will finish in GT2. fiction

12.) Creation Autosportif will finish. fact

13.) Of the Porsche 911 GT3 RSR's in GT2, the highest-placed Porsche will be that of Darren Law's (#44) Flying Lizard. fact

14.) Johnny O' Connell's from Flowery Branch, GA. He wins in GT1 in his home state with Corvette power. fact

15.) The race will finish with no more than three cautions/safety car periods. fact

More Interesting news for ALMS, by Marshall Pruett form Speedtv.com:
SpeedTV.com
Senior officials from Peugeot are currently at Road Atlanta. I'm told by a senior series official that if you want to see a Peugeot 908 prototype racing on American soil, buy your tickets for Sebring and Petit Le Mans in 2008.
A current ALMS GT1 team will be announcing a Porsche LMP2 program for 2008 that sees their participation in the endurance races, Le Mans, and possible LMES events.
Two Indycar teams are also expected to announce Porsche LMP2 programs for 2008. The line of buyers for Porsche's $1,500,000 LMP2 product are staggering--enough so that the factory is now faced with not a shortage of product to sell, but a shortage of manpower and infrastructure to support the sales of their LMP2 product; four Porsche engineers are supplied with each car. While training engineers is an obvious must--a factory development program for their engineering staff, but to handle the immediate hole in their engineering corps, a massive recruiting drive is needed--inevitably, quality engineers from other teams will be a highly sought after commodity.
Expect to see the number of Porsche LMP2 cars double in 2008.
The CET/Solaroli Motorsports Porsche LMP2 announced their intentions to debut at Road Atlanta, but have been noticeably absent from the paddock. It appears that while they were able to purchase and take receipt of one of the two cars they ordered, that RS Spyder is sitting in Florida at the team's Jacksonville shop with a skeleton crew still on retainer, but without the anticipated operating budget that was needed to make the trek to Petit Le Mans this weekend. As the tale is told, the owner of the team lost his job, lost his funding, and lost his opportunity to present the team for their debut. What hasn't been lost have been the contracts in place with the two drivers, with Johnny Herbert and JJ Lehto currently at home in Europe collecting CET/Solaroli paychecks.
According to Acura, the possibility of adding a 4th factory-supported LMP2 car for 2008 is a strong likelihood. With customer car inquires being fielded from America and Europe, expect to see copies of the future Acura ARX prototype being sold once the current model reaches the level of competitiveness needed to win against the Porsche factory cars. In typical Honda/Acura fashion, they won't rush to sell cars or make an attempt on Le Mans until they are convinced they have a package capable of winning consistently

Some how I'm not surprised in P1 ,P2 or GT2 but GT1 has just gotten interesting:
americanlemans.com
Marco Werner rewrote the history books at Road Atlanta on Friday with a record-breaking qualifying run for Audi in its diesel-powered R10 TDI at Petit Le Mans. Werner set a time of 1:08.906 to capture pole position for the 10th running of Saturday's 1,000-mile/10-hour endurance classic a race that Audi has never lost.

As expected, qualifying times were well under Allan McNish's previous mark of 1:10.379, set in 2000 in an Audi R8. Werner's only other pole position this season came in March at Sebring, the American Le Mans Series' other signature endurance race.

The fastest six cars Friday all were under McNish's former mark as the field attacked Road Atlanta's freshly paved surface. Werner outpaced Penske Racing's Romain Dumas by 0.133 seconds for pole position.

Dumas was the quickest LMP2 car at 1:09.039 to break Lucas Luhr's fastest qualifying time from last year by more than two seconds. The Frenchman and Timo Bernhard have won the last four overall races in the American Le Mans Series. They also lead the class championship.

Third overall and second in P1 was Dindo Capello, McNish's teammate in the second Audi, at 1:09.366. Ryan Briscoe in the second Penske Porsche qualified fourth overall and second in P2 at 1:09.462.

Andrea Bertolini shocked the field with a GT1 pole run in Lista Doran Racing's Maserati MC12. Bertolini, making his first start in the Series since the season-ending event at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in 2005, posted a lap of 1:17.428. He was nearly a full second better than Corvette Racing's Johnny O'Connell, the hometown driver who toured the track in 1:18.415.

Bertolini raced full-season in the factory Maserati effort in the American Le Mans Series during the 2005. He finished third in class twice (at Road Atlanta in the spring sprint race and at Road America) and was fourth at Petit Le Mans. His lap Friday was the first non-Corvette GT1 pole position since Monterey last year.

Jaime Melo captured his fifth GT2 pole this year for Ferrari and Risi Competizione. The Brazilian driver piloted the No. 62 Ferrari F430 GT to a 1:21.660, good enough for a 0.138-second gap back to Dirk Muller in the Petersen Motorsports/White Lightning Racing Ferrari.

P1
Code:
1. Marco Werner, Germany; Emanuele Pirro, Italy; Audi AG/R10/TDI (P1), 1:08.906
2. Allan McNish, Scotland; Rinaldo Capello, Italy; Audi AG/R10/TDI (P1), 1:09.366
3. Clint Field, Dublin, Ohio; Richard Berry, Evergreen, Colo.; Jon Field, Dublin, Ohio; Creation/CA06H/Judd (P1), 1:10.973
4. Greg Pickett, Alamo, Calif.; Klaus Graf, Germany; Memo Gidley, San Rafael, Calif.; Lola B06/10 AER (P1), 1:11.031
5. Tom Chilton, Horely, UK; Darren Manning, England; Zytek Z07S/Zytek (P1), 1:11.166
6. Jamie Campbell-Walter, England; Harold Primat, Switzerland; Christophe Tinseau, France; Creation CA 07/Judd (P1), 1:11.976
7.Michael Lewis, San Diego, Calif.; Chris McMurry, Phoenix, Az.; Bryan Willman, Kirkland, Wa.; Creation CA06H/Judd (P1), 1:14.755

P2
Code:
1. Timo Bernhard, Germany; Romain Dumas, France; Patrick Long, Oak Park, Calif.; Porsche RS Spyder (P2), 1:09.039
2. Ryan Briscoe, Australia; Sascha Maassen, Germany; Emmanuel Collard, France; Porsche RS Spyder (P2), 1:09.462
3. David Brabham, Australia; Stefan Johansson, Sweden; Robbie Kerr, UK; Acura/ARX-01a (P2), 1:10.000
4. Bryan Herta, Valencia, Calif.; Tony Kanaan, Brazil; Vitor Meira, Brazil; Acura/ARX-01a (P2), 1:10.223
5. Andy Wallace, England; Butch Leitzinger, State College, Pa.; Andy Lally, New York, NY; Porsche RS Spyder (P2), 1:10.499
6. Luis Diaz, Mexico; Adrian Fernandez, Mexico; Lola/B06-43/Acura (P2), 1:10.713
7. Stefan Mucke, Germany; Danny Watts, UK; Jan Charouz, Czech-Republic; Zytek 073/Zytek (P2), 1:11.058
8. Guy Smith, England; Chris Dyson, Pleasant Valley, NY; Porsche RS Spyder (P2), 1:11.555
9. Ben Devlin, England; Jamie Bach, Saukville, Wis.; Raphael Matos, Brazil; Lola/B07-40/Mazda (P2), 1:12.053

GT1
Code:
1. Didier Theys, Belgium; Fredy Lienhard Sr., Switzerland; Andrea Bertolini, Italy; Maserati MC 12 (GT1), 1:17.428, 
2. Jan Magnussen, Denmark; Johnny O`Connell, Flowery Branch, Ga.; Ron Fellows, Canada; Corvette C6.R (GT1), 1:18.415, 
3. Olivier Beretta, Monaco; Oliver Gavin, England; Max Papis, Italy; Corvette C6.R (GT1), 1:18.602,

GT2
Code:
1. Mika Salo, Finland; Jaime Melo, Brazil; Johnny Mowlem, England; Ferrari 430GT Berlinetta (GT2), 1:21.660,
2. Lucas Luhr, Germany; Peter Dumbreck, Scotland; Dirk Mueller, Germany; Ferrari 430GT (GT2), 1:21.798,
3. Johannes van Overbeek, San Francisco, Calif.; Jorg Bergmeister, Germany; Marc Lieb, Germany; Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (GT2), 1:21.938,
4. Ralf Kelleners, Germany; Tom Milner, Leesburg, Va.; Graham Rahal, New Albany, Ohio; Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (GT2), 1:22.124,
5. Dominik Farnbacher, Germany; Wolf Henzler, Germany; Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (GT2), 1:22.158, 
6. Bill Auberlen, Hermosa Beach, Calif.; Joey Hand, Sacramento, Calif.; Tom Kimber-Smith, England; Panoz Esperante GTLM (GT2), 1:22.667,
7. Darren Law, Phoenix, Az.; Lonnie Pechnik, Pacific Grove, Calif.; Seth Neiman, Burlingame, Calif.; Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (GT2), 1:22.914,
8. Nathan Swartzbaugh, La Habra Heights, La.; Jim Tafel, Alpharetta, Ga.; Lars Nielsen, Denmark; Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (GT2), 1:23.120, 
9. Tim Pappas, Boston, Mass.; Terry Borcheller, Vero Beach, Fla.; Marc Basseng, Germany; Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (GT2), 1:23.688, 
10. Tracy Krohn, Houston, Texas; Nic Jonsson, Sweden; Darren Turner, England; Ferrari 430GT Berlinetta (GT2), 1:24.987, 
11. David Robertson, Ray, Mi.; Andrea Robertson, Ray, Mi.; Arie Luyendyk, Jr, Phoenix, Az.; Panoz Esperante GTLM Elan (GT2), 1:33.366, 
12. Joel Feinberg, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.; Chapman Ducote, Miami, Fla.; Dodge Viper (GT2), 0,

I really hope the Maserati wins the GT1 class. I love the Vette's, but I'm sick of their domination and destruction of the GT1 class. Hopefully if they are beat by a private team it would convince some others to enter the GT1 class next season and rejuvenate my favorite class of race cars.

Now for two Viper questions: Whats with the Primetime Viper not qualifying? And what happened to the Woodhouse Viper that ran a single race earlier in the season?

Mr.ThunderMakeR
I really hope the Maserati wins the GT1 class. I love the Vette's, but I'm sick of their domination and destruction of the GT1 class. Hopefully if they are beat by a private team it would convince some others to enter the GT1 class next season and rejuvenate my favorite class of race cars.
Knowing Kevin Doran, this will be a good car to battle those vettes till the end.

Mr.ThunderMakeR
Now for two Viper questions: Whats with the Primetime Viper not qualifying? And what happened to the Woodhouse Viper that ran a single race earlier in the season?
Have no idea about the status of that viper. It might not even race. As for the Woodhouse Viper, That was merely an Evaluation race for the conversion of the speed world challenge viper to ALMS GT2 regs.

Race update for hour 1:

P1: Dindo Capello currently leads. Emanuele Pirro did not start due to a concussion so Lucas Luhr started and is currently working his way up

P2: Timo Berhard leads

GT1: Olivier beretta Leads. The field has been officially leveled as the #3 Corvette has crashed. It has officially been retired.

GT2: Wolf henzler Leads

Live Timing and scoring

Edit:
Time for,
JohnBM01

Looks that way currently

JohnBM01
It looks questionable at the moment.

JohnBM01
It appears that just as I said, They have gotten all their bugs worked out
JohnBM01
one down, three to go. Fact
JohnBM01
Strong chance that the 62 will be the one that counts.
JohnBM01
Looks that way at the moment, if the Zytek doesn't catch them.

JohnBM01
7.) Of the Ferrari F430GT's, Peter Dumbreck's Petersen/White Lightning entry will not see the finish line.
They are still there at the moment.
JohnBM01
Looks that way with the 16 car.
JohnBM01
Looks as if both might have a chance for that, maybe even a shot for the lead in their respective classes.
JohnBM01
As of now, its doing just that.
JohnBM01
Still a slim chance, but they are looking good at the moment.
JohnBM01
Hmmm, Looks that way.
JohnBM01
13.) Of the Porsche 911 GT3 RSR's in GT2, the highest-placed Porsche will be that of Darren Law's (#44) Flying Lizard.
Not at the moment
JohnBM01
14.) Johnny O' Connell's from Flowery Branch, GA. He wins in GT1 in his home state with Corvette power.
Unfortunately, no he won't. Good job by his daughter though on the national anthem

JohnBM01
15.) The race will finish with no more than three cautions/safety car periods
One down, two to go. Fiction

Some news for next year.

2 Corvettes will race in GT2 built by Riley with some facotry backing.

At least 2 Vipers will race in GT2 with factory backing

A Ford GT will race in GT2.

Unconfirmed but it looks like P&M Corvette will only contest the odd GT1 race next year before moving to P1 with a new reg closed Prototype, which will look like a mix between the Peugeot 908 and a current GT1 car.

Update with three hours to go:
P1: Dindo Still leads.
P2: Timo Bernhard Leads P2
GT1: Olivier Beretta Leads
GT2: Jorg Bergmeister Leads

And now, its time for:
JohnBM01
Looks that way currently
JohnBM01
It looks questionable at the moment.
JohnBM01
Despite the problems, They still are both in.
JohnBM01
Hmmm, it remains to be only one.
JohnBM01
Not looking that way at the moment.
JohnBM01
Doesnt seem that way at the moment.
JohnBM01
Fact. They are retired
JohnBM01
Fiction. They are both going at the moment.
JohnBM01
Looks as if both might have a chance for that, maybe even a shot for the podium in their respective classes.
JohnBM01
As of now, its doing just that.
JohnBM01
Fiction. The 53 is retired but the 21 is still going.
JohnBM01
Hmmm, Looks that way.
JohnBM01
Not at the moment
JohnBM01
15.) The race will finish with no more than three cautions/safety car periods
Fiction. Six cautions took place.

I hate to say this... I missed a good amount of the Petit Le Mans. I probably would have seen a lot of the race had my little stepbrother not want to play games all night. I was home around 5:45 PM CDT. I only saw a few minutes of the race. Maybe the Petit Le Mans shouldn't be on the same weekend of the Wings Over Houston Air Show. So I missed a good amount of the race.

You know, I hated that I was unable to really get excited about this race and see it on TV because of family activities. I HAVE to be part of this family gathering and have some other stuff in the way. So I was proud to have the feeling that this year's Petit Le Mans was on the air. Too bad I didn't get to see a whole lot. Nothing really gets me sorry as a racing fan than to know there's a huge race I want to see... then, not be able to get home and even take in some of it. I didn't even want to tape it. So this was really a sad weekend for me. Didn't get a chance to see as much of the race to really say, "I saw this race and loved it." Damn it. Oh, well. It's just a race (while not just any ordinary race). So the next big one will have to wait until late January for the Rolex 24 at Daytona. But more importantly, next year's 12 Hours of Sebring in March. I hate missing big races! :mad: Especially since a finish of just below a full second as Audi took down the Porsches. I didn't get to see it. Pretty upset I didn't get to see as much of the race as I would like. This, even though, I allowed my stepbrother to play video games in my room. Still... I wished I could have seen a huge amount of the race.

More comments on the race I almost truly missed will be available when I learn more about what happened.

I hate to say this... I missed a good amount of the Petit Le Mans. I probably would have seen a lot of the race had my little stepbrother not want to play games all night. I was home around 5:45 PM CDT. I only saw a few minutes of the race. Maybe the Petit Le Mans shouldn't be on the same weekend of the Wings Over Houston Air Show. So I missed a good amount of the race.

You know, I hated that I was unable to really get excited about this race and see it on TV because of family activities. I HAVE to be part of this family gathering and have some other stuff in the way. So I was proud to have the feeling that this year's Petit Le Mans was on the air. Too bad I didn't get to see a whole lot. Nothing really gets me sorry as a racing fan than to know there's a huge race I want to see... then, not be able to get home and even take in some of it. I didn't even want to tape it. So this was really a sad weekend for me. Didn't get a chance to see as much of the race to really say, "I saw this race and loved it." Damn it. Oh, well. It's just a race (while not just any ordinary race). So the next big one will have to wait until late January for the Rolex 24 at Daytona. But more importantly, next year's 12 Hours of Sebring in March. I hate missing big races! :mad: Especially since a finish of just below a full second as Audi took down the Porsches. I didn't get to see it. Pretty upset I didn't get to see as much of the race as I would like. This, even though, I allowed my stepbrother to play video games in my room. Still... I wished I could have seen a huge amount of the race.

More comments on the race I almost truly missed will be available when I learn more about what happened.
Guess you should have set your VCR to "REC", John :P

Poor John. I taped it so maybe I can get on the computer and send it to you.

Thanks, but it's okay. I don't wish to download any coverage. I saw just highlights. So I'm pretty good.

Back