Pictures in GT7

United States
Colorado
How can you copy your race photo's to a USB? For so reason I haven't been able to transfer my pictures to my usb drive.
I use to do it with GTSport with now problems. But with GT7 it doesn't work. When I try to upload the photo to the usb nothing
happens. What do I need to do so I can transfer my race photos?

garystevens64

How can you copy your race photo's to a USB? For so reason I haven't been able to transfer my pictures to my usb drive.
I use to do it with GTSport with now problems. But with GT7 it doesn't work. When I try to upload the photo to the usb nothing

garystevens64
Not sure what your question is, it's possible though.
If you transfer photos - from your ingame show booth or as screenshots - to the PS Gallery, you can select them there, press options and then copy to USB.
I'm using one and the same device since forever ...

Last edited:
Are you on PS4? If so, PS4 doesn't accept a USB drive.

I ran into the same, but as soon as I upgraded to PS5, the USB stick was valid as a storage device.
I use the exact same flash drive for PS4, PS5, and Xbox Series X...

garystevens64
What exactly are you trying to do and what errors are you seeing?

Is there any trick to posting photos from your phone to here ?

Ive searched for a thread but I havent found anything. Sorry if ive missed it.
Why would you need a trick ?

I do it everyday, so I don't see what could be the issue. Or I did not get what you are asking for.

Sample:
1908402e05022-screenshotUrl.jpg

I use the exact same flash drive for PS4, PS5, and Xbox Series X...

What exactly are you trying to do and what errors are you seeing?
I'm trying to upload them on to USB drive so that I can load them on other devices. But no matter what I do nothing ever showes up on the USB drive. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Much apricated.

garystevens64

Not sure what your question is, it's possible though.
If you transfer photos - from your ingame show booth or as screenshots - to the PS Gallery, you can select them there, press options and then copy to USB.
I'm using one and the same device since forever ...
What I'm trying to do is copy my race photos onto a USB drive so I then can upload onto other devices. But no matter what I do nothing ever show's up on the USE drive. I had no problems doing this in GT Sport.

garystevens64

I'm trying to upload them on to USB drive so that I can load them on other devices.
Yes, I understood that from your opening comment. My question was what exactly you are trying to do. I transfer my GT images to USB on a daily basis for articles on GTPlanet, and have never encountered a single issue.

Talk us through the process you're following, so we can see where you're going wrong.

I'm trying to upload them on to USB drive so that I can load them on other devices. But no matter what I do nothing ever showes up on the USB drive. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Much apricated.

garystevens64
To the OP, if you are tryin to get Pictures off your console from GT7, make sure, I assume your on a PS5, as Tumek said the Ps4 is restrictive as Sony were ponces when they made that console. Because of the newer Share function on this console, you can take a screenshot of the images taken in-game, then stick a USB device in, of any brand regardless.

When you look at your USB after transferring the hiearchy is silly, look in your USB main directory and find a folder called

USB Directory (WIN/MAC)>PS5>Gran Turismo 7>Screenshots

This is where on the stick it will store the pictures under it own structure.
Once you find it thank me and lets see some stills yo! Examples below.

20210727120214-1536x864.jpg
20210727120220-1536x864.jpg

I'm on PS4

I just screenshot them (if I export from showcase they go really dark), then go to messages on PS4 and send them to myself, open the PS app on my phone and download to my phone from there.

Or just share them on GT7 in the showcase and log into my GT7 account on
And go to gallery and download from there.

No messing about with USB sticks.

Last edited:
Works fine for me on PS4..

In showcase click export, then the image is stored on the PS4 outside the game in the ‘capture gallery’ and from there you can export it to a connected usb drive. I use a usb drive that has usb on one side and a lightning connector on the other, that way I can plug it in to my iphone or ipad directly and store the pictures (or videos) on the device’s photo gallery.

Back