Play with Modern steering wheels on PS3

• Thread starter BlackHGT
  • 7 comments
Switzerland
Switzerland
I have some interesting racing games on the PS3 and would really like to play them again. My current setup is a Fanatec DD1 (PS4 Edition) with Clubsport V3 pedals.
Is there any way to get this to work?
I have read about Drivehub, but when I go to the DriveHub site the PS3 is not listed.

I still have an old Fanatec Porsche GT2 steering wheel, but to be honest I'm not very motivated to convert the whole RIG for a few laps on the PS3.

Are there any people who have had experience with playing modern steering wheels on the PS3?

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Define "modern" :D

I have/keep a t300 + tlcm pedals for ps3 and gt5 and gt6
In this case it would be wheels that are not natively compatible with the PS3.
I don't think there's a way except for emulation on PC, which might be difficult to get working correctly (I've never tried that with a PS3 emulator so don't know for sure)

PS3 did not require a Sony Security chip so the base is run in PC mode. So if the game supports a CSL elite then the drive hub can emulate that but you won’t need the added Hori controller for the security chip

Interesting, thank you very much. Unfortunately I can't find a list of PS3 games that support the CSL.

But what I have found is a list on the Drivehub page and there are only GT5 and GT6 on it.

The risk is not worth the price of a DriveHub and a Hori controller to me. I can get a Challanger playset for that and connect the old Fanatec Porsche GT2. 😅

I started w a GT3 base and then later CSW v2 w the PS3. As I recall the various racing games that did support a wheel supported the CSW and CSL elite which was the follow on. The early F1 games up to 2014, Sony f1 Championship edition, Dirt, GT5 & 6

THe Drivehub site is a bit thin on information

You don’t need the Hori controller for PS3, just the DH - PS4/5 needs a Hori for the security chip

But it looks like you don’t need a DH anyway - the DD1 PS4 Quick guide shows a couple of modes:

Comp V2.5: To operate with with older games on Windows PC’s that doesn’t support our Podium Wheel Base DD1, use these mode which emulates a CSW V2.5 with any Fanatec Steering wheel

Comp PS4: To operate with older games on Playstation 4 that doesn’t support our Podium Wheel Base DD1, use these mode which emulates a CSL Elite Wheel Base+ with any Fanatec steering wheel

The 2.5 mode would likely work w PS3 games that recognize Fanatec bases of the day CSW V2, 2.5 & Elite

Last edited:
Many thanks for the input.
I will test it in the next few days.
I'm curious if it works just like that.
Otherwise I'll see if I can find DriveHub at a good price. 😅

Back