Player 2 Bug

• Thread starter MonoTonouS
  • 21 comments

MonoTonouS

(Banned)
United States
United States
Did they Fix the player two bug ? My friend tried it out with his brother and he told me he still can't change P2 settings .

Did they Fix the player two bug ? My friend tried it out with his brother and he told me he still can't change P2 settings .
They have fixed it. even if we can have opinions on how user interface can be made more friendly, it works but it might be 2 click solution. then means when you select player 2, you are asked to pick between 2 modes, beginner, intermediate, expert. but then when you have done that, before you start race, you go in settings for player 2 and there you can change to whatever you want. it works, have been playing split screen on snow whole evening. love it.

That assist problem is finally fixed, but there is another thing which ruins split screen racing. P1 controller seems to have big handicap.

I dont get it? What is the handicap. I played split screen whole evening and enjoyed it, nothing was wrong?

P1 accelerates faster, it basically has the boost / handicap on all the time.
I literally played 2P split screen whole evening, it was first on snow with several cars and then we played on other tracks too. Never happened to us. Can you replicate it, which cars, which challenge, are you sure cars are exactly the same and settings too ?

I literally played 2P split screen whole evening, it was first on snow with several cars and then we played on other tracks too. Never happened to us. Can you replicate it, which cars, which challenge, are you sure cars are exactly the same and settings too ?
I have no idea if that really happens, I just rephrased what people said, but I can experiment with it tonight.
Try SSRX, it should be pretty obvious. On other tracks, maybe it's not that obvious as there are corners too and not just straights.

Last edited:
I haven't tested this myself, but there are a lot of video examples in the comments of the reddit post I linked.

But the most important thing was that you and your friends had fun and don't let these things bother you if it doesn't affect anything.

I haven't tested this myself, but there are a lot of video examples in the comments of the reddit post I linked.

But the most important thing was that you and your friends had fun and don't let these things bother you if it doesn't affect anything.
wow. haven't seen those videos. Well we were just playing and not really testing and comparing speed, so we did had huge fun. we are not like going for world championship. but now I see your point. I will test myself over weekend if I can replicate same behaviour.

OK I have made some tests and can confirm that's still bug in split screen. Two identical cars, two exactly same settings and player 2 is slower for no reason.
I really love this game and I really enjoyed split screen racing previous evening, we haven't seen it while having fun, so it's not so noticeable but bug is a bug.
Can't believe how poorly PD do some things! I mean after year and a half of waiting to fix split screen racing it's released as fixed but still, not working fully correctly... Speechless...

OK I have made some tests and can confirm that's still bug in split screen. Two identical cars, two exactly same settings and player 2 is slower for no reason.
I really love this game and I really enjoyed split screen racing previous evening, we haven't seen it while having fun, so it's not so noticeable but bug is a bug.
Can't believe how poorly PD do some things! I mean after year and a half of waiting to fix split screen racing it's released as fixed but still, not working fully correctly... Speechless...
....aaaand PD is repeating himself.. a new update just released this morning, November 21st, a known bug just ignored to be fixed.. what to say, not even mentioned, previously they were at least saying "we are aware of P2 bug in split screen and will fix it in future", now not even that?! Whoever wants to read about split screen on GT7 know player 2 is slower for no reason... Kaz... really ?!

Until PD patch it. It can be used as an advantage. I will give controler for player 1 to friends who are more casual in racing games, and controller 2 for those more pro races to balance racing more :D

You would not believe it but I did got answer from support, they are aware of P2 being slower issue and they are going to fix it in next update, which is on 25th January.

You could like.. show us?
Sure 😊
1000017926.png

This is happening to me now as we play player 2 is slow no boost its my fastest car yet doesn't even come close to doing 140s through corners and it don't steer for **** either

This is happening to me now as we play player 2 is slow no boost its my fastest car yet doesn't even come close to doing 140s through corners and it don't steer for **** either
They will fix split screen in next update. I talked to support and got answer.
1000017926.png

That assist problem is finally fixed, but there is another thing which ruins split screen racing. P1 controller seems to have big handicap.

Interesting that the RX7 for player 2 has a shorter gear ratio.

Looking at the other vids as well it seems the revs seem to build uo the same but the actual speed (kph/mph) is less for player 2, you can tell when the rev bar reaches the steering dot in the middle, P2 is much slower.

Seems like a ratio issue rather than a boost.

Hope this does get fixed in the January update as mentioned as I have completely avoided split screen since the start due to issues and didn't want to bother trying it until it's fixed.

shorter gear ratio.
That would usually lead to having more acceleration and less topspeed.
P2 also simply has less power overall.

(P1 catches up after 10 seconds / P1 is slightly faster though providing drafting options)

I think I have seen the game adjusting your gear ratio after upgrades sometimes, propably when you make changes that affect the redline - but I could simply be wrong here.

Latest Posts

Back