Playing GT7 across two consoles (PS5 and PS5 Pro)

• Thread starter TheNormsk
  • 3 comments

TheNormsk

Premium
United States
Wisconsin
BritGuyInUSA
This may be a real short question, but when the PS5 Pro gets officially announce and assuming it improves the visual resolution in PSVR2 then I will be seeking to get the new Pro console. We'll still keep the old PS5 as technically that is my daughter's (though I use it 99% of the time :D )

So If I have the PS5 Pro dedicated to my rig and PSVR2 and the PS5 on the regular TV then I assume that any GT7 content will sync across the two for the same accounts rights?

Last edited:
This may be a real short question, but when the PS5 Pro gets officially announce and assuming it improves the visual resolution in PSVR2 then I will be seeking to get the new Pro console. We'll still keep the old PS5 as technically that is my daughter's (though I use it 99% of the time :D )

So If I have the PS5 Pro dedicated to my rig and PSVR2 and the PS5 on the regular TV then I assume that any GT7 content will sync across the two for the same accounts rights?
Yep.

Well, not any content, as things like styles and photos are stored locally, but for racing sure. Just log in and it'll sync up your account with the online save. It's exactly what already happens with the PS4 and PS5.

Is there a way to get the game saves, style etc off one device and only another?
If you're a PS+ member (which you have to be to play Sport mode) game saves should follow your profile and automatically download onto the new system. My original PS5 pooed the bed and I had to get a new one; this is how I got all my old game save data back. That was a god send as otherwise I'd have lost it all.

In game photos and replays were gone, however. If you shared them, you can get them back that way but any that weren't shared were toast. As far as liveries (or styles), also, those shared I could access. Basically, anything shared will be accessible since they're uploaded to the GT server (or where ever they go).

Some liveries I saved from others' (ie, d/l someone else's, make a few changes, and save it (but not share it as you can't)) templates were still there, per say. They were still applied to my car and when I go to load a saved livery within the Livery Editor icon, they were all still there however with no preview (just a black box where the preview would be). I could select one and it would apply. The only way to get the boxes to show the previews would be, after applying said livery, go to 'edit' then re-save it (even if you don't change anything). The preview will then be visible again, but only for that one and you'd have to do that to all of them in order to see them all again.

Last edited:
Back