PlayStation VR2 for PlayStation 5

If you're mainly interested in VR on PC and don't already have a PSVR2 then unless you get some screaming deal absolutely do not buy one now to use on PC just because Sony is putting out an adapter to clear out unsold stock.

Buy a Quest 3 instead.
I already have the PSVR2, but after reading @MroczMR message... my laptop doesnt have even a display port so I'm also out of luck.

If you're mainly interested in VR on PC and don't already have a PSVR2 then unless you get some screaming deal absolutely do not buy one now to use on PC just because Sony is putting out an adapter to clear out unsold stock.

Buy a Quest 3 instead.
Already got psvr2, I've got games on my pc that I'd love to jump into but would have to buy a new vr headset, with this adapter, that's the issue gone.

Zero interest in any Quest products, thanks.

Already got psvr2
and don't already have a PSVR2
I mean good on you for wasting your time objecting to a suggestion that doesn't apply to you, I guess!
Happy to help.
👍

Anyway
I already have the PSVR2, but after reading @MroczMR message... my laptop doesnt have even a display port so I'm also out of luck.
If your laptop has USB-C you might still be able to use it with a quality USB -> DP adapter. That's how I was able to first use a VR headset on my computer when I was borrowing a friend's Rift S early last year; and laptops have supported DP Alt Mode a lot longer than has been common on desktops.

Last edited:
More notably, some of the PlayStation VR2’s features won’t function on PC as they’re designed to work in tandem with the PlayStation 5. This includes adaptive triggers, haptic feedback (except rumble), eye-tracking, headset feedback, and even HDR. Tempest 3D Audio is also not supported
How good will the VR2 be for PC gaming then?

How good will the VR2 be for PC gaming then?
Those things being yanked will make it in line with functionality to other similarly priced PC HMDs; but all the things that make it so performant for its price point won't be present. It is also a wired headset with Fresnal lenses (nicer ones, mind), which were both rapidly becoming outdated concepts when it was originally announced and haven't gotten less so in the year since.

Last edited:
If your laptop has USB-C you might still be able to use it with a quality USB -> DP adapter. That's how I was able to first use a VR headset on my computer when I was borrowing a friend's Rift S early last year; and laptops have supported DP Alt Mode a lot longer than has been common on desktops.
This is good to know, thank you for the information!

This might finally get me to sort out my stored PC and actually use it. Microsft flight sim yes? in VR, nice.
PC Adaptor supports foveated rendering too.
I’ve been holding off buying VR gear for the same reason. But before buying I’ll wait for reviews to confirm this adapter and software really does allow a seamless experience in important titles, like MS flight sim, ACC etc

Wow. I’m so opposite from you guys..

If sony, and PD continue their lackluster support of VR. To the degree where I’m so motivated(annoyed), to build a pc, I’m going in whole hog for the headset.

Highest frame rate, greatest dynamic range, widest field of view, greatest resolution. Compatibility with a treadmill. All the good stuff.

At the end of the day, sony provided the absolute bare minimum I thought would be viable for VR and after a year that belief has only grown stronger. Something like the meta offerings just don’t have the specs. Cheap trash, is still trash.

I wonder if the landscape would be different if every knucklehead with a keyboard didn’t parrot the whole: psvr2 is sooOOooo expensive trope. When in actuality, the bang for buck on release, and still, is still pretty dang good…
/shrug

That's a lot of new sales. I remember when a lot of PS3 were purchased by US air force to use as a linked supercomputer, about $2million worth. But that cost was just 5-10% parts cost it would normally be for them in processing units.
I wonder if the unit price of these is so low now some entity can make use of them. Hmm who is using a huge amount of headsets at the moment to control exploding drones...

It's either that or people wanting to drive GT7 as it's meant to be experienced.

Last edited:
That's a lot of new sales. I remember when a lot of PS3 were purchased by US air force to use as a linked supercomputer, about $2million worth. But that cost was just 5-10% parts cost it would normally be for them in processing units.
I wonder if the unit price of these is so low now some entity can make use of them. Hmm who is using a huge amount of headsets at the moment to control exploding drones...

It's either that or people wanting to drive GT7 as it's meant to be experienced.
dude I was just thinking how they should make an app on PlayStation so that anybody can download it and control some cheap explosive drone flying in rusky airspace!

VR2 is worth for GT7 alone... But I guess that's just me.
Anything else is just extra.

It's good that the price has come down.

But GT7 can carry and make VR2 worthwhile alone IMO.... That's if you already have the steering, seat and pedals....

That's $1700 total at least.
Still cheaper than going out and race a real car...

Last edited:
Back