Please Help Me Choose Next Car

• Thread starter justinq19
  • 45 comments

Because 1970's cars are so safe :rolleyes:

As for the OP, if you want a fun car, can't really go wrong with anything having an M badge. And there is the E36 M3 Sedan that can be had for a decent price. If an M5 seems too daunting, the 540i with a 6speed would still be solid fun, 300hp and rear wheel drive.

If you're worried about being safe take the bus.

& Yes, I realized the Aspen/Volare where bad, and shouldn't have replaced the Valiant, but they're uncommon nowadays and since they're over 25 years old can be considered 'collectors'.

Thanks guys for all your help. I just want to clear a few things up:

1. I'm not engaged to be married nor am I anywhere close to it. It's just, I'm a long term relationship kinda guy and I date girls with the intention to marry. There is no way I'd get married at only 21 years old (unless it was to Scarlett Johanson).

2. I don't have kids nor do I plan on having kids for at least a few years (I'd have to be married first). Whatever car I get, I will be keeping for at least 5 years. Therefore if I do have any kids during those 5 years, they will still be small enough to fit in the back seat of a sports car.

I've done a bit more research and I'm starting to lean towards the 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8. It gets good MPG for the type of car it is, it's cheap to maintain, and it only requires regular gas (though if you put in premium it will boost the HP up to 315).

If anyone has a Genesis, please let me know how you like it.

I'd put premium into the car regardless. The small amount of short term savings is nothing compared to what you could spend if you drive the car too hard using only regular gas.

I would highly recommend not getting any Hyundai. I have heard so many people complaining about their unreliability. If you're looking for a great car that's fast and is reliable, I would go with a WRX. Spacious, reliable, quick, awd, and most importantly, endless aftermarket. You can get a good one for the money you're talking.

Not entirely sure on the "spacious" bit but if for some reason you don't like the Legacy that would be my second choice. First if it's mine in particular :D

I would highly recommend not getting any Hyundai. I have heard so many people complaining about their unreliability.

Yeah, in anything pre 2003 or so...anything currently from Hyundai is going to be much more "reliable" than a used old WRX.

I think the 2010spec Genesis looks better also. The 2012 model front end looks like roger rabbit.
Try to buy one of those snazzy rear spoilers from a dealer if you can as well.

E46 M3 with a manual 'box.

Premium is less of an issue now than it ever has been in the past. It's 20 cents per gallon. You're probably paying ~$3.50/gallon for premium, so we're talking about 5% of your gas price. The higher the price of gas, the smaller percentage difference premium makes. I wouldn't even factor it in to the decision.

Premium is less of an issue now than it ever has been in the past. It's 20 cents per gallon. You're probably paying ~$3.50/gallon for premium, so we're talking about 5% of your gas price. The higher the price of gas, the smaller percentage difference premium makes. I wouldn't even factor it in to the decision.

And premium gas isn't "needed" in something like say, a G35 any more than it is in a Genesis, aside from just telling you it needs it inside the gas tank door.

Back