Pokemon thread, anyone?

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 2 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
For some reason, I am unable to find the pre-existing Pokemon thread. I think it was deleted or something, but if it's still up, please direct me to it, if you could. Otherwise, I suppose this could be where we discuss the franchise, including stuff like the competitive scene.

I even had a potential hypothesized timeline of what's next in the series. We know Legends Z-A is coming in Spring 2025, right? And furthermore, Nintendo did say recently that a Switch successor will be announced (not necessarily released) by March 2025. On top of this, Sword/Shield were the featured titles in the VGCs for three seasons: 2020, 2021, and 2022. Recall that Legends Arceus was released in early 2022, with Scarlet/Violet coming in the fall of that year. Now Scarlet/Violet seems to be in a similar position, with it soon concluding its second VGC season in Honolulu next month. A third season, perhaps with a "Regulation H" will likely follow, though it will also likely be the final season to feature Scarlet/Violet, unless an unprecedented fourth season is down the line. (What future regulations may actually entail is entirely speculative, as we already are permitted to use "restricted" legendaries like Miraidon with the current Regulation G.)

However, I'm thinking that after Legends Z-A comes out early next year, and as we get a formal announcement of the Switch successor, we'll also get an announcement of the next generation on Pokemon Day 2025, with it potentially debuting on the Switch's successor that fall.

Then, in 2026, we'll likely get two DLC packs for that next generation - just as we have for Sw/Sh and S/V - and either later that same year or in late 2027, we'll get Unova remakes, as the trend seems to be one set of remakes per system. (Though I don't count Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee.) I imagine that the Unova remakes be more akin to BD/SP as to not move away from featuring the Gen X titles in the VGCs.

EDIT: For the S/V regulations, it does seem that each regulation has more and more seasons. A and B went on for two months, to start. Then, C, D, and E each had three months. Finally, Regulation F concluded after four. Therefore, I would imagine that Regulation G would not conclude until after the end of August at the earliest, and the World Championships are during that month at any rate.

EDIT2: I almost forgot that the series' 30th anniversary is in 2026, so I have no idea how that could impact things. But I know it will.

Last edited:
Back