Foo Fighters

foo-fighters.jpg

http://www.foofighters.com

Nominated by Speedster502​

Origins: Seattle, Washington, USA
Genre(s): Alternative Rock, Post-Grunge
Years Active: 1994-Present
Label(s): RCA, Capitol

They suffer the same thing as RHCP - amazing singles, not so amazing albums.

HOF

I agree with above about great singles, not so great albums, but how can this not be HOF material.

There's not full great albums, what about In your Honor, because that is a full length good album, HOF for me, maybe because I have a lot of respect for Dave Grohl.

It's the kind of band I only have a "best of" in my music library, and still don't listen to it very often.

I think they just need that one truly epic album and then they'd be dead certs for HOF. Great live, great singles, great characters, just missing that last piece of the puzzle.

HOF. I seem to remember The Colour and the Shape being a very good album. I'll have a look for it on my ipod.

Literally cannot get enough of this band. The Colour and The Shape is an amazing album.

Bee
I think they just need that one truly epic album and then they'd be dead certs for HOF. Great live, great singles, great characters, just missing that last piece of the puzzle.

Have you got Wasting Light? In my book that gives you the final part of you puzzle.

HOF for me based on the entire body of work and live performances, off to see them again in July and honestly can't wait.

Scaff

Have you got Wasting Light? In my book that gives you the final part of you puzzle.

To be fair I haven't tried it yet. I loved White Limo but Rope took a while to warm to me so I'm a bit unsure. I'll probably wait untill it's nice and cheap. :D

Though it's almost impossible for me to overstate how much I like the Foo Fighters, I couldn't quite put them HoF, because to me only the absolute best get that vote. FF is one of the most fun bands to listen to, have songs to fit many different moods, and have some great albums (In Your Honour, Color & Shape), but to me they are just a little short of being among the all-time greats.

I don't think I've ever heard Foo Fighters song I liked.. I don't hate them, they just don't seem to do anything that strikes me as 'good'.

I've always liked them. Dave Grohl is the man. However, I'm not so sure yet it if they're HoF material. They've always released good stuff, but nothing that's truly everlasting. It's been a while seen I've listened to any of their stuff, so maybe I should check up on their newer releases and give them a new review.

Lee
To be fair I haven't tried it yet. I loved White Limo but Rope took a while to warm to me so I'm a bit unsure. I'll probably wait untill it's nice and cheap. :D

Why not try the whole album for free courtesy of the Foo's themselves....

http://www.youtube.com/user/foofighters?blend=1&ob=5

...they played the entire album live and put it on youtube for everyone.

(And its little things like that making them HoF for me).

Scaff

this is my fav foo fighters video.

They're not bad, and I like a few songs...but to be honest they never really blew me away either. I think F1GTR nailed it on the head for me with his comment, though I'd put RHCP well above foo fighters in my personal HOF.

As much as I love Foo Fighters, they aren't HoF. If they would have quit while they were ahead they would be HoF.

"Everlong" was my ex-girlfriend and I's song and even after the breakup the song is still great.

FF is awesome but in all fairness, they don't deserve to be in the HoF.

I like The Foo Fighters' new album. They sound like The Foo Fighters they used to be. Brought back the garage sound, that is recorded in Dave Grohl's massive garage. Hall of Fame!

Nothing will ever match The Colour and the Shape. If they had continued making music like that, they would be unquestionably HoF.

I like The Foo Fighters' new album. They sound like The Foo Fighters they used to be. Brought back the garage sound, that is recorded in Dave Grohl's massive garage. Hall of Fame!

Yes!!!! That is the most awesome way to make an album. In your garage, how it should be done

Love the new album, proper Foo Fighters. The band in general are great too, thus the reason I nominated them. Wish that I could have the chance to see them live this year, but it's not going to happen. :(

Nearly HoF... I love the new album and I'm seeing them in July, but they still have songs that make me jump for the "skip track" button... rarely, but enough.

Worth a mention here for "Them Crooked Vultures" if not done so already, if Foo's are your music then they sure will be as well, but with a slightly different sound... Grohl on drums and vocals is fresh too alongside Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age) and John Paul Jones.

Back