Judas Priest

Judas%20Priest.jpg

http://www.judaspriest.com/

Nominated by Skython11​

Origins: Birmingham, England, UK
Genre(s): Heavy Metal, Speed Metal, Hard Rock
Years Active: 1970-Present
Label(s): Sony, Epic, Columbia/CBS, SPV, CMC, Atlantic, Gull

I could not hate this band much more than I do already. :lol: Different strokes I guess.

Priest, instant Hall of Fame. The creators of metal. HOF would be a good placing, because Priest are on their farewell tour. :( 👍

I guess I have to explain myself, given my negative vote - firstly, I just don't like them, plain and simple. Second, while I think they were influential and all, I don't think they were anywhere near as important a band as Black Sabbath, Deep Purple or even Iron Maiden for that matter. Thirdly, they are (and perhaps always were) the epitome on uncool - maybe even purposefully... hence, by the strict definition of a 'cool wall', I can't bring myself to vote them up.

Classic band and all, but I'm voting for meh. Not that it will count though, just a lot more high voting because it's an old band.

HoF for sure, legends through and through. I actually prefer Priest over Iron Maiden when it comes to good ol' Heavy Metal. Halford also has probably one of the greatest voices of all time.

Halford is also a great role model for young kids showing them you can still kick some serious ****ing ass even if your gay/lesbian.

Hall of Famers to me.

Tim Ripper is better than Halford by a mile, though. I don't like Rob's voice.

Classic band and all, but I'm voting for meh. Not that it will count though, just a lot more high voting because it's an old band.

It's not just that it's an old band. It's that most new bands are lacking the sense of the traditional metal.

Yes really, how many new bands that hit it big have an amazing voice. Something powerful and recognizable. Like Rob Halford, or Bruce Dickinson, or Geoff Tate?

Metal bands don't make it big anymore so none. But you don't have to make it big to be awesome. Hell even back then the best didn't make it big.

Metal bands don't make it big anymore so none. But you don't have to make it big to be awesome. Hell even back then the best didn't make it big.

Even bands that aren't big though, they don't have anything amazing about them. I haven't come across any great instrumentalist who are in a band and haven't managed to get an album out. Sort of sad really, but soon music like this should come back in. Should.

Even bands that aren't big though, they don't have anything amazing about them. I haven't come across any great instrumentalist who are in a band and haven't managed to get an album out. Sort of sad really, but soon music like this should come back in. Should.

Lol. Maybe you should try some new stuff instead of sitting around wishing it was the 70's again.

There are thousand of heavy metal/stoner/doom/sludge/post/psychedelic metal bands out there made in the past 10 years getting no recognition with phenomenal musicianship, song structures, lyrics, vocals. Everything from 4 minute catchy heavy metal tracks much like Priest and Maiden. Too 60 minutes of doomy progression that will blow out your speakers. There are more good bands made between now and 2000, then any other 11 years in history.

Lol. Maybe you should try some new stuff instead of sitting around wishing it was the 70's again.

There are thousand of heavy metal/stoner/doom/sludge/post/psychedelic metal bands out there made in the past 10 years getting no recognition with phenomenal musicianship, song structures, lyrics, vocals. Everything from 4 minute catchy heavy metal tracks much like Priest and Maiden. Too 60 minutes of doomy progression that will blow out your speakers. There are more good bands made between now and 2000, then any other 11 years in history.

Really? I'm always on the look out for good bands. Please show me some examples of the new bands. And can they craft a good long epic song?

Really? I'm always on the look out for good bands. Please show me some examples of the new bands. And can they craft a good long epic song?

The Mars Volta (previously At the Drive In) may be the savior of modern music imo. Very crafty and very epic.

Big fan, hall of fame for sure. I have Painkiller (album) on GT for driving music! And as far as people comparing to Sabbath and early heavy metal...Metal was pretty firmly rooted when Maiden/Priest/Saxon/etc came in.... Hence the 'New Wave of British Heavy Metal' classification.

Back