The Beatles

john_lennon_george_harrison_ringo_star_paul_mc_cartney.jpg

http://thebeatles.com/

Nominated by Nicksfix​

Origins: Liverpool, England
Genre(s): Rock, Pop
Years Active: 1960-1970
Label(s): Parlophone, Capitol, Apple

If anyone votes anything other than hall of fame then they are an idiot. 'Nuff said. :D

One of the most influential groups ever. The group which became synonymous with "British Invasion". All four members went on to very successful solo careers.

If anyone votes anything other than hall of fame then they are an idiot. 'Nuff said. :D
I think if the poll options were less about personal taste and more objective, then I'd agree with you... there's simply no way The Beatles can ever be described accurately as anything other than 'Hall of Fame' material. That said, I know several people who don't like them, but would not argue against their HOF status.

Here's a few of my favourites...

Second. Best. Band. Ever. :sly: (behind The Who for me) I love all their stuff but here's a few of my faves.

That said, I know several people who don't like them, but would not argue against their HOF status.

And now you know one more. I don't particularly like the Beatles' music that much, but it's impossible to deny their contribution to the music world.

The Haters have no lives. The band that brought the world together. (Pardon my hippie reference)(Non shall I refer again)

I dont' normally post in these. But this one brought me in here.

If that doesn't say "We OWN the hall of fame," I don't know what does.

The Beatles are a bit like a musical smorgasboard. Anything you want, you can find it in here... Drippy pop songs, lovely ballads, folksy guitar music, rock, hard rock, post-modern experimentalism, LSD-induced trippy music...

Had the White Album in college. Those were the days, man... Those were the daaaaaaays...

The only way you could vote "Meh" for them is if you haven't heard at least half of the Beatles collection... Because you're bound to find at least two or three songs you like...

I like their music but i didnt bought any CDs of them:dopey:! For their work and the revolution that music made, they can only be in the Ludwig Van Beethoven category:tup:!

EDIT: Those 3 guys that didnt vote Hall of Fame must be banned :lol:!

I guess one thing I'll say, is that I know a lot of people here in Canada who've been put off the Beatles by Paul McCartney's crusade against the seal hunt. He doesn't have a clue what he's talking about, and he talks about people from the east coast (of Canada) like they're a bunch of backwoods hillbillies. There's also that the "adorable" white fur baby seals McCartney used in his photo-op haven't been legal to hunt since 1987...

I guess perhaps I should be able to listen to the music apart from the political leanings of Paul, but I just find it hard to ignore, and it kinda ruins the band and its music for me, to know that it all lead to the fame he and animal rights activists are abusing to take advantage of a misinformed public.

All this being said, they're Hall of Famers, without question.

I think most people are forgetting how they voted in past polls. But pretty much every other poll outside of this people voted on musical taste, now it comes to The Beatles and now its not about music taste but what they did. I recognize what they did but to me they are still just a boy band, and I find them rather boring. I know many musicians that share the same sentiment the closest one being my dad. So I'm kind of actually shocked that there aren't a few more like me in this thread. I kind of doubt that The Beatles really "reshaped" music how everyone claimed they did... I will still let one of The Who, Led Zeppelin or Black Sabbath have the title that The Beatles so often get.

I think most people are forgetting how they voted in past polls. But pretty much every other poll outside of this people voted on musical taste, now it comes to The Beatles and now its not about music taste but what they did. I recognize what they did but to me they are still just a boy band, and I find them rather boring. I know many musicians that share the same sentiment the closest one being my dad. So I'm kind of actually shocked that there aren't a few more like me in this thread. I kind of doubt that The Beatles really "reshaped" music how everyone claimed they did... I will still let one of The Who, Led Zeppelin or Black Sabbath have the title that The Beatles so often get.

Everyone should vote taking in consideration what the band did, and not only if they like it or not! In my opinion the greatest names of all time are The Beatles and of corse Black Sabbath and the king of Metal Ozzy Osbourne!

I went with "I do not like them", mainly because I don't like them. I feel that, since I don't like any of their music, that they are over rated. I also don't like Paul Macartney at all.. and Lennon (with his hippy tree-hugger ****) would have bugged the hell out of me if I'd have been around at the time.

I'm another one who doesn't find their music particularly enjoyable, but would agree that they're one of the most important bands of all time.

This has been bugging me. What does it mean by someone quoting something, and saying "this"? Does it mean they agree with it?

Its the only option ;)!

grrlpurple
G8R_MaD3
ivoyared
N99GT
MatskiMonk
Prosthetic

Be carefull! Mods are on you now :lol:! At least 10 points infraction should be in order:P!

Back