Dallas, TX
Linkin Park
Linkin_Park_Biography.jpg

Background information

Origin Agoura Hills, California, USA

Genres Alternative rock, nu metal, rap rock, alternative metal

Years active 1996–present

Labels Warner Bros., Machine Shop

Associated acts Fort Minor, Dead by Sunrise, Jay-Z, White Pegacorn, Tasty Snax, Relative Degree, Grey Daze

Members
Chester Bennington
Rob Bourdon
Brad Delson
Dave Farrell
Joe Hahn
Mike Shinoda

Older Linkin Park are quite great, don't like their new stuff @ all, but since they've become so successful, they're good HoF Material!

Meh, their first two albums are great, I've listened to both beyond belief. However their material after that it best left unmentioned. Minutes to Midnight was decent at best but they really dropped the ball with A Thousand Suns.

A Thousand Suns was OK, but I prefer the old stuff, e.g. Breaking the Habit, Somewhere I Belong. I love listening to them when playing GT.

As already stated. Their first two albums were fantastic. I have very fond memories of fifth and sixth grade listening to Hybrid Theory and Meteora,; I wore both those CD's out. And the remix album "Reanimation" is fantastic; it still gets plenty of airtime on my iPod. But I didn't like their newer stuff.

So, the consensus is Old Linkin Park>New Linkin Park.

And meh for now.

Also,

Usually not, if you're talking about crap like kidrock or limp bizkit but good results come sometimes, Rage Against The Machine pulled it off spectacularly.

I find it hard to write off any entire genre of music. Even if I don't like most of it (metal, country) there are always exceptions.

I remember in high school everybody was crazy after them. I guess from reaction I didn't like them back them. I find them alright now, some songs of them I really like. Hall of fame of Nu-Metal but not HoF in general.

Agreed

I just never understood the theory behind this rap-rock thing.To me it is a mix that just does not blend together.

It was great when they actually had substance and good music to back it up, mostly early 80's - early 90's, then it just went downhill. Though, must bands I consider 'Rap/Rock' are funk and groove metal bands (Faith no More, Living Colour and Rage Against the Machine)

The tunes themselves are somewhat catchy, but I've never liked the songwriting... just so darn clumsy in parts.

It's not just rap-rock. It's rap-rock-pop... not a lot of depth to it (sorry... personal opinion)... not quite the more authentic (but overblown) angst of acts like Rage or Limp Bizkit (very poppy songwriting, but I dig the backbeat more).

If your talking about Linkin Park, they are not Nu-Metal, more like Pop-Rap-Rock/Alternative :lol:

Nah, I'm talking bout Linkin Park, Korn, Disturbed, etc. etc. Only band from that genre that released anything good was System Of A Down. Likin park had enough crap in it to be declared nu metal. This is the music my generation grew up to, and thats why most people my age have terrible taste in music.

wikipedia
Nu metal (also known as nü-metal[4] or aggro-metal[5][6]) is a subgenre[7] of heavy metal.[4][8][9][10] It is a fusion genre[9] which combines elements of heavy metal with other genres, including grunge and hip hop. The genre gained mainstream success in the late 1990s and early 2000s.
That sounds a lot like linkin park to me.

I love them. mainly there old stuff but I do like some song's on there latest album such as...
When they come for me.

embed fail:(

I remember the days when I listened to this and a buddy of mine showed me something new and I never went back.

Take up a new profession.

I actually love that version. I thought it was incredibly innovative. I actually prefer that version over the original, and I'm a big Aerosmith fan.

Linkin Park, take themselves so seriously, they're over produced, lack of any kind of humor and their songs are full of horribly hollow angst.

Apart from that they're ****e.

Back