Genres Alternative rock, progressive rock, electronic rock, new prog

Years active 1994–present

Labels Warner Bros., Helium 3, Taste, Mushroom, Dangerous

Members

Matthew Bellamy
Christopher Wolstenholme
Dominic Howard

They have talent, I'll give 'em that.

However, their style is too similar to other big name groups like Radiohead (the most common association).

Not enough originality to be HOF for me...

I voted "good"...

;)

Muse aren't musical gods, but I should give them credit where it's due. They mightn't be Hall of Fame material, but hell, they're good. My favourite Muse song is Hysteria. When I hear it while I'm playing racing games, I just want to put my foot down and throw the car into the corners like a madman.

It has to HoF for me, I'm a massive fan of the band and whilst I agree that their early stuff did sound like Radiohead they managed to fight that and now create a very different sound. Songs like Butterflies and Hurricanes really symbolise what Muse is all about, they may not be to everyone's taste but they certainly try to be something different to everyone else.

Whilst the band has gone downhill slightly in recent years they still create modern rock songs which are open to the masses. I've seen them live, at Wembley Stadium no less and it had to be one of the most amazing sights I've ever seen. I can't put into words how much I love these guys, their music inspires me everyday. They are the bad that encouraged me to pick up guitar...I have so many reasons for loving this band.

Meh. They are all right. I don't think they are as good as alot of people say they are. It seems like some of their fans make them out to be the end all be all of rock music.

Big fan, but no HoF vote from me.

But should add that Absolution is their only amazing album. The others have left me with quite a bit of "Meh"

[YOUTUBEHD]3w9HISAagoM[/YOUTUBEHD]
HoF for me, but I absolutely dislike "The Resistance", they went from rock to pop.

HOF - better than radiohead... even though it's clear there was a lot of inspiration there.

Big fan, but no HoF vote from me.

But should add that Absolution is their only amazing album. The others have left me with quite a bit of "Meh"

Disagree, for me the albums go.

1. Origin of Symmetry
2. Absolution
3. Black Holes & Revelations
4. The Resistance
5. Showbiz

It's not that Showbiz is bad, it's just that they were only just finding their own sound. At the time they did sound like Radiohead, I'll admit it. But there are some gems on the album, particularly; Sunburn, Muscle Museum, Cave and Showbiz.

Also nice video G.T. Ace of MoTP at Abbey Road! I hadn't seen that before. 👍

They get a 'Meh' from me. They fit in that radio pop rock genre along with Coldplay and Radiohead and I find it relativity boring. Someone tried to tell me it was prog but I just don't see it. They need to vary there sounds more, specially vocally. Every song sounds like he is singing the same one.

There was a period of time around 04-05 where I listened to a bit of Muse and a lot of other brit pop rock type bands. They aren't a bad band, I just don't think they are necessarily good.

Back