no-doubt-on-tour.jpg

Background information

Origin Anaheim, California, United States

Genres Ska punk, alternative rock, pop rock

Years active 1986–2004, 2008–present

Labels Interscope, Trauma, Universal Music Group

Associated acts Invincible Overlord, Bow Wow Wow, Starpool

Members Gwen Stefani, Tony Kanal, Adrian Young, Tom Dumont

Somehow still a surprisingly underrated band. Partially because Gwen went off the musical deep end on her own. But Tragic Kingdom is one of the few albums out there that is not only good from one end to the other, but is diverse in musical style as well.

Meh, some of their songs are decent, that's about it. Never been a fan of Gwen, even before she went solo and came up with hollabackgirl.

I've always had a secret love for this band. Anytime a rock band has a frontwoman and can still rock, that's always a good thing. Plus, how can you not like Ska?

Hall of Fame? Probably not, but close. No doubt about it!:dopey:

I've always had a secret love for this band. Anytime a rock band has a frontwoman and can still rock, that's always a good thing. Plus, how can you not like Ska?

Hall of Fame? Probably not, but close. No doubt about it!:dopey:
what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

Good band. Like Spiderwebs and Just A Girl. But everyone know's about the whole breakaway and how Stefani ended up spelling out 'bananas' in Hollaback Girl...

They are ok, and normally would get a "meh" from me, but ended up going with "good". Probably for nostalgia.

Definately better as a group before Gwen went off on her own and went off her rocker.

I just can't stand Gwen Stefani. I don't know what a hollaback girl, all I know is that I don't want to know.

I loved Tragic Kingdom. Sadly, not quite HOF material for me... they don't really break much new ground musically, nor did they have a lot of influence on the scene... "No Doubt" always seemed to exist in its own little niche.

Words cannot describe how incredibly annoying I find Gwen Stefani... The rest of the band is ok, but rely too heavily on overly simplistic ska riffs. A bit more complexity and a different lead singer... maybe... Then again, with more complexity and a new vocalist, they would be a completely different band.

Shows you how much I enjoy their music...

;)

If they would've stuck with ska, I'd have a reason to maybe listen to them. To me, they're a greatest hits band. As in a greatest hits CD is all you need to have. Gwen does drive me crazy, but some of the songs are very catchy and fun so it's alright.

Back