Punk Rock

Years active

2001 – present

Labels

Rebel Monster Records (US)
Mascot Records (US)
Vertigo (EU)
Universal (EU)

3 people have voted but no one has put any reasons. Anyways I put 'Good' because that's simply what they are. I discovered them a couple years ago and bought their 'Guitar Gangstas & Cadillac Blood' album which is very good. They have emerged as one of the radios better hard rock bands. Its a genre full of dull overused cored progressions but this band sticks out from the norm. But that video is a terrible example of the band. Its the last song of a set at a festival where everyone is extremely wasted including the bands. Which makes it a awesome festival but a bad example for new listeners.

A kick ass band that hasn't changed their sound once they started getting plays on the radio. Danish band with a load of 50's America flavoring.

I had a listen to all the videos. It just isn't my style. They're just ok. I wouldn't tell them to get a new profession, but I'm not really interested.

I may be biased, because I nominated them, but they ****ing rock.
Michael has an awesome voice, and the music is great, too.
But Hall of Famers they are not (yet)

Volbeat is pretty epic win in my book. Have seen them live 5 or 6 times, and the only issue is - you get pretty damned sweaty!..

With Pernille Rosendahl - another danish artist..

Some "funky" danish lyrics in this one..

[Edit:] Please note - Lead singer isn't just an Elvis Wannabe - He's actually so good at impersonating him, that last time Elvis' backing band played in Copenhagen, they asked him if he would sing!..

Last edited:
He can also do a pretty good Hetfield impersonation if he wants to. :lol:
I'm really looking forward to see them in November

I didn't knew Volbeat, but (from the videos I've seen/heard), they are quite good. I'm really liking the punk/country/metal mix.
Though, I don't think they are quite Hall of Fame material.

Also, just a question (this is probably being done) but shouldn't the person who nominated a band, be the one to address some videos of the band and some additional info they find to be relevant?; since, in most cases, the person who nominated a band would know allot more about a band than the thread host.
If that is what is being done, there should be something telling who nominated the band and why.
Just an idea. :)

I'd say they are not bad, but I can't hear anything special in their music.
They are just one of many rockbands in this genre.

Meh, they sound just like a generic metal band, not exactly crap but not great either.

Meh, they sound just like a generic metal band, not exactly crap but not great either.

Not to sound nit-picky or anything. But I think people are confusing what this band is.. They aren't a generic metal band because they aren't metal. Nothing like it. They are a modern day hard rock band with heavy rockabilly influences and some riffs that may have some metal influence in them but they are far from being a metal band.

I honestly haven't heard anything like them, that's why I like them so much. But I guess that's just my opinion.

Back