POLL: What is the Minimum Number of Premiums Needed for GT6 on PS3?

• Thread starter Akwaaba
  • 89 comments

What is the Minimum Number of Premiums are needed to purchase GT6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United Kingdom
London/Malaysia/Tunisia
Waizon/v8stage1/
With the anticipated announcement that GT6 will be a PS3 release, and possibiliby in the next few months, I wonder what the MINIMUM number of Premium Cars there will need to be to make us open our wallets.

For the purposes of this poll, assume that the number of tracks and events is huge. I've also worked on the assumption that if standards are also included, that the total number of cars will be 1,200. Which is of course is open to debate - but needed to simplify the options somehow!

Although I could find a number of threads related in the discussion related to premium and standards, it seems as though an annoucement is soon. I wonder what number of cars will push us to purchase GT6, or more to the point ... might mean that no matter the rest of the content would stop us from making a purchase.

May I emphasize, this isn't a wishlist of what we hope, or to anticipate how many will be included by PD. I wonder if GT6 with just 400 Premium qaulity cars will be enough if it includes huge number of tracks and events ... it probably will be for me!

But have gone for 500 cars - something like 200 more than we have now? With that number and with the expected increase in events, that should give an interested choice of cars. Even with playing the game on and off since release, I doubt I've driven more than 25% of the cars!

Last edited:
Enough to make the game able to have a proper structure (I'm not really concerned with raw numbers) and proper car diversity. Going back to the basics worked fro GT3 because the car list, while sparse, covered a wide berth and gave us enough stuff to build a game around. Going to basics for GT5 didn't because they just chose a poor selection of cars to do it.

And if they have to resort to Standards again to make either of the two things happen, it's irrelevant how many Premiums are there because I'm not touching it.

I voted 600. But I'd be fine with 500 as long as there isnt a huge Japanese bias along with 75 Skylines again

I voted 600. But I'd be fine with 500 as long as there isnt a huge Japanese bias along with 75 Skylines again

I'm just looking at the number of Premium Japanese cars I have at the moment, admittedly includes the Academy Nissans ... but think we have to expect the huge Japanese bias will continue into GT6.

Consider the DLC, including the free cars - very heavy Japanese bias!!

I replied: Over 800 Premiums (please state in thread), and Zero Standards.

More cars the better, but I don't mean all *beep*ing Skyline, RX-7, MX-5 different versions if just handbrake knob is different colour!

It would be nice to see tens of cars from own decade starting early 1900 till these days.
And events in career mode with those.

Realistically, I expect about 350 premiums, so I voted 400. Though I don't understand why the different numbers for standards - they are the same quality, you either keep them all or remove them all, right? But yeah, standard should not be appearing in GT6.

I'm buying it regardless. There is only one PD and only one way to get GRAN TURISMO. I'd be happy with 170 premiums as in Prologue with only up to date cars and racing cars.

700 would be great, but I'd take 600 premiums, with a bunch of new to the GT series cars too 👍

Jerome

Realistically, I expect about 350 premiums, so I voted 400. Though I don't understand why the different numbers for standards - they are the same quality, you either keep them all or remove them all, right? But yeah, standard should not be appearing in GT6.

I put a different number of standards, as I expect that a number of cars will be converted from standard to premium. If GT5 has around 1,000 cars - rightly or not considered the maximum likely number of cars for the release of GT6 (if it included standards) to be 1,200 cars. With premium versions of a number of standard cars - such as Skylines etc, figured that PD would spend a bit of time converting the rest to keep the numbers of cars up.

I realise it is all open to debate, but was interested in setting up a poll. tried to limit the number of choices - but still have 12 to choose from!!

Realistically, I believe we'll see about 450-525.

The key, for me, is variety. Add some new manufacturers and update standard classics to pretty premiums.

RUF, Cadillac, Saleen, Bentley,Caterham, Bugatti, Pontiac, Chrysler, etc should be premium.

I voted for 400 because that's what I expect to see. I can see 500 since we received several cars via DLC. I'm not holding my breath for many standard cars to come back as premiums. So, I doubt we'll see Alpine, Ginetta, Izuzu, etc.

They should have all premium cars, no standards at all.

that said, I voted 500. Something around there should be enough to have a few cars from all walks of life.

When I was younger I never really cared for everyday cars and just wanted all the best, fastest, most exotic cars in the game but I really hope they continue to put everyday cars in the game and give them the loving attention and detail that other (exotic/super) cars get.

Cars like the Acura Integra, Toyota Solara (2 door camry), and Acura RSX are actual cars I've either owned or driven and now that I'm older I appreciate those cars being in the game. Not many other driving games are going to let you drive as those cars.

It's part of what has made GT so special to me over the years. As I grow, the series grows with me. part of this is due to the vast number of cars the game includes.

EDIT: I'd also like to add +50 for Bikes. I think 50 or so Bikes would be a good starting place for GT7 to work off of.

1) There should be zero Standards. The fact is that there was nothing standard about GT5's Standards. They were sub-standard. Last-gen models have no place in a current-gen GT. GT6 better have none or else I'm going to be critical about it again. Sure, I will still buy and play GT6 even with Standards and probably still enjoy it like GT5, but it would still drag the game quality down a bunch.

2) How many Premiums is a bit difficult. On the one hand, GT5's 220+ is still a lot of cars; more than almost any game and should be plenty as long as they are diverse. On the other hand, GT's big rival is Forza, and FM3 retailed with 400+ Premiums and FM4 retailed with 500+, in both cases not counting DLC. 200 or 300 would be fine and more than most other games, but at the same time inferior to the main rival. 200/300 would be better than Need for Speed (I think, but forget actual car numbers), but fall far short of Forza.

Over9000.jpg

But seriously, i'd like all of them to be premium, realistically 500 premiums and the rest standard.

OVerall number isn't important, diversity is.
I agree with this. Taking a look at the car list of other games such as NFS Shift, I find that even though there aren't as many cars as in GT5, it doesn't really matter because of its diversity.

And I struggle to see why anyone would want standard cars given how the negatives heavily outweigh the positives.

please polyphony, don't remove cars from the game, make as many premiums as you can do and let the standards just for the sake of them.

If standards HAVE to be implemented, make it atleast half and half, otherwise just make them all premium.

I don't get anyone voting zero standards and 800 (or less) premiums. Why remove cars so there are absolutely 0 standard cars. Honestly, I can put up with the poorer quality on a few cars if it means more cars.

I agree with this. Taking a look at the car list of other games such as NFS Shift, I find that even though there aren't as many cars as in GT5, it doesn't really matter because of its diversity.

And I struggle to see why anyone would want standard cars given how the negatives heavily outweigh the positives.

If keeping some standards was the only way we could have the car or manufacturer, then I'd like to see them. Most of the diversity and depth from the car list comes from the standards.

Back