POLL: What is the Minimum Number of Premiums Needed for GT6 on PS3?

• Thread starter Akwaaba
  • 89 comments

What is the Minimum Number of Premiums are needed to purchase GT6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you can look back to the GT4 User Guide, it shows a small pic of the real Nomad Diablo. I kept looking for that car and hoping it would show in the UCD back then. I had no idea it was in GT5 back in 2010(until I went online Dec 2011 and read the full car list). We need more Lambos, so I'm confident it will remain(along with some FIA GT3 Gallardos).

If for arguments sake there is a car that's only been used more than once by 5,000 of the 9 million GT users is it really worth taking the time to model that one in premium? Compared to the say 500,000 that had used another car more than once?

There's a huge lack of events though. If there's no race in which you can use the car, then you're not very likely to drive it a lot. Free run is only fun for so long.

Online you are restricted by the fact that you want a car that is as competitive as possible in order to win, which excludes a lot of cars which has too high performance points in relation to their actual performance. In seasonal time trials this fact is overwhelming, the vast majority of all cars used in a single time trial are the same. This also means that there are a lot of cars that might not be very popular per se, but are used a lot as a way to obtain a safe victory.

So the most popular cars are likely to be the cars that have a lot of events and that that are competitive within their performance point range.

Another reason for not using a certain standard car may be because it is standard. A premium car with all its details are arguably more fun to drive. So the popularity of a car as a standard is not necessarily the same as its popularity as a premium. I don't think the VW Beetle had very many uses as a standard, but it definitely got better once it was modeled as a premium (although it was a different version and year). The same goes for that purple Jaguar racing car for which I forgot the name.

Cars like the Spyker C8 and Impreza 22B, Countaches etc are really good looking cars and I'd love to see them premium, but if not then I'd like to still have them because I enjoy them. However, the hoards of Skylines, MX5s, RX7s and so on really don't need to be there. Same experience to me. I voted around 500 premium, no standards though, because for me, Last gen cars shouldn't be in a game after another two sequels and a PSP release. As long as the quality and diversity is evident.

One more thing. Stuff like the Elise RM, the Volvo 240, the VW 1200 and the Fiat Panda. If they include stuff like this, I'd like for them not to fall over whenever you go near the highest grip tyres. I'm not entirely sure whether this would also happen in real life, but I can't see a racing modded Elise with downforce going on two wheels every time it turns.

I chose 800 premiums zero standards, but 500 premiums zero standards is fine for me. At least to be on par with Forza....

There's a huge lack of events though. If there's no race in which you can use the car, then you're not very likely to drive it a lot. Free run is only fun for so long.

Online you are restricted by the fact that you want a car that is as competitive as possible in order to win, which excludes a lot of cars which has too high performance points in relation to their actual performance. In seasonal time trials this fact is overwhelming, the vast majority of all cars used in a single time trial are the same. This also means that there are a lot of cars that might not be very popular per se, but are used a lot as a way to obtain a safe victory.

So the most popular cars are likely to be the cars that have a lot of events and that that are competitive within their performance point range.

All very true which is why I said you can just take it as a general idea for cars people like, not just the specific models.

Another reason for not using a certain standard car may be because it is standard. A premium car with all its details are arguably more fun to drive. So the popularity of a car as a standard is not necessarily the same as its popularity as a premium. I don't think the VW Beetle had very many uses as a standard, but it definitely got better once it was modeled as a premium (although it was a different version and year). The same goes for that purple Jaguar racing car for which I forgot the name.

Yes I didn't mean to analyse against premiums, I meant purely to analyse what standards are used to decide which ones they need to re-do in premium. It wouldn't be an exact science but it's surely better than just choosing whichever cars PD like or think we like.

upto 500 Premiums, and Zero Standards
But that is only if there are none or an exceptional few duplicates, a somewhat equal distribution between continents and overal up to date.

If there are standards in the game at all, I won't be buying it. The GT5 standards were like a slap in the face. I won't make the same mistake twice.

zero standards for me definitely.... if PD still releasing standards model, they're really asking themselves to lose some more loyalty from the GT fans as we can see from the reaction when GT5 first release IMO =)

Last edited:
All very true which is why I said you can just take it as a general idea for cars people like, not just the specific models.

That would make more sense, because just putting together the list and taking the top 100 cars (or so) without further analysis could make it too mainstream. PD needs to maintain some artistic freedom I think, but knowing what the players like is of course a good tool in the selection process.

But perhaps they just scrapped all standards and moved on :P

There are any number of Racing Games out there for people to get off on driving Racing Cars, what set GT apart was the inclusion of not only non-race cars, but non-supercars.

I voted for the 500 Premiums and 700 Standards and here is why.

If GT6 is indeed a PS3 title, I want to see EVERY car from GT5 return with the exception of one off variants. Yes, this includes Standard cars, even though if a Premium version of any given car is in GT6, a Standard version need not be included.

On top of this, I would like a batch of at least 250 cars that have yet to make it into a GT game in Premium quality.

I just seems weird to have a car list with high quality cars and low quality cars. I chose 700 premium cars. I think it is a reasonable number with the space left. It is fun to see what you can find in a random order, but I just want it to be like Forza, one complete car list that has of list that has more variety instead of 60% Japanese cars, mostly MX-5s, Skylines, etc.

My answer, every car should be premium and no cars should be standard. We should not accept half assed port work as being ok. Every vehicle should be treated to the same standard. To me it doesnt matter if there are 300 cars or 700 so long as all of them are built to the same standard and have the same features throughout.

500 premiums, no standards is great with me. I am just looking for a more diverse selection with better aero options and wheels for every car.

All you guys voting for all these high number premiums. I voted 400 prems. Why? If it's going to be on ps3 then that means no hardware improvement which means limited space for improvement on other things in the game. Imagine if they dramatically decrease the number of cars in the game and put in a relatively steady set of premiums from different companies; think of all the other things they can improve on and put into the game to make it better. Let's not be one track minded here people.

All you guys voting for all these high number premiums. I voted 400 prems. Why? If it's going to be on ps3 then that means no hardware improvement which means limited space for improvement on other things in the game. Imagine if they dramatically decrease the number of cars in the game and put in a relatively steady set of premiums from different companies; think of all the other things they can improve on and put into the game to make it better. Let's not be one track minded here people.

It is almost guaranteed GT6 will be on PS4. I expect all premiums.

The guy who models cars isn't the guy who models tracks isn't the guy who records sounds isn't the guy who programs the game. GT6 could have a thousand Premium cars and be on the PS3 and it would have little effect on anything else in terms of feature advancements and improvements to the game itself.

Last edited:

If you're talking about disc space they have plenty to spare.

Quite - once you go into a room the PS3 only has to cope with 16 cars at once. Makes no difference to racing if the game has 16 or 2000 cars in the game

I'd be happy with 500 premiums. They could dump a gigantic pile of those Japanese econo-cans and mundane family cars and 20 identical versions of the same thing and it would be fine with me.

Well, it's been a while.

I voted for "up to" 500 Premiums because I'm hoping for at least 450 cars in GT6 and on PS4. What I'm more concerned about are the tracks. I don't see any need for Standard cars in GT6 because GT5 is plenty good enough in the physics department. If you want to enjoy the Standard cars, jump in and have a blast.

But I want ALL the tracks from all the previous Gran Turismos, as well as new tracks both real and fantasy, and this could be a problem. Since it can take as much as two man-years to make a Premium track, how many of you would be satisfied with Standard tracks like Trial Mountain, which I'm plenty happy with? Would it be okay to have Grindelwald, El Capitain, Pike's Peak, Tahiti Road and Red Rock Mountain in Standard form in order to be able to race them in GT6? I really want these guys as much as I want Hockenheim and Bathurst.

No matter how many cars this game ends up with.......ZERO STANDARDS.

The difference between the two models in the last game was an absolutely horrible idea.

I think that PD should follow Forza's example: making all cars premium. I mean, come on, I'm pretty sure PD strapped the Bugatti Veyron in GTPSP so they wouldn't have to model its detailed cockpit to make it premium in GT5 (sorry for this "conspiracy" part).

But, to make the game less "heavy", PD should cut all of the "similar" cars, like the Skyline R34 GT-R M-Spec Nur and the Skyline R34 GT-R V-spec Nur. If they are both high-end R34 GT-Rs tested at Nurburgring (I guess, it might not be true), why the M and V-spec versions? And this happens with all Skylines, all Silvias, all Miata\MX-5\Roadsters, all Altezzas\Lexus IS, etc.

They should also listen to the gaming community. I'm new here, but I can see that people want back their "old" tracks, like Red Rock, Grindelwald, SSR11, etc. and some new cars that haven't been featured. The problem is that Gran Turismo has a high popularity in Japan, and their attention is more focused in that particular market.

Gran Turismo is good for three reasons:

- GT lets people know about cars they never even dreamt of (I never heard about Plymouth until I got GT2 - as an European);

- GT also lets people know about new tracks (started from GT2 - Laguna Seca). I'm pretty sure that nobody would have ever heard of Twin Ring Motegi (or only a little bit) until they played GT;

- GT is the base of innovation. If they "start" a new trend in GT6, it will be followed in the hypothetical Need for Speeds, F1s, WRCs and Forza Motorsports that come after it.

I waited too long for GT5, only to find out I'd rather finish GT4 and replay the classics.:ouch::grumpy: Honestly, I'm not sure about GT6 is going to be cool or awful. But they must not delay it for too long, or the fans are going to get high expectations and dreams about just a regular game. Just like what happened to GT5. Push them too hard, and they'll make a glitchy, odd, GT2-like game. Push them hard enough to make a fast, yet glitch-safe game, and they'll give you a GT4\GT1-like masterpiece.

the_racer100 out.

Well that's why PD should have been monitoring and analysing use of cars in GT5. They should have then used that data to work out which cars (or which sort of cars) need to take priority when modelling premium versions. If for arguments sake there is a car that's only been used more than once by 5,000 of the 9 million GT users is it really worth taking the time to model that one in premium? Compared to the say 500,000 that had used another car more than once?

Fact is the standard cars have to go eventually, I don't see the need to wait until each and every one of them is redone in premium before you do it. Yes you're bound to upset someone when you remove a few cars but that's just the way things go, you have to appease the majority, not the minorities. They don't keep you in business.
Wrong. Minorities DO keep someone in business. Even though there's less people, they're just AS important as majority. They CAN make a difference between a company making money and losing money.
I don't get why people make such a big deal about standard cars. They don't look that bad; standards and premiums don't look that much different. There's great standard cars like GT-One Race Car, Viper GTS-R Concept, and Audi LMS Race car. Be grateful all cars aren't standard and PD added premium cars after release day. PD did best they could, so lay off. 200+ premiums and 800+ standards > 500 premiums and 0 standards.

Wrong. Minorities DO keep someone in business. Even though there's less people, they're just AS important as majority. They CAN make a difference between a company making money and losing money.
I don't get why people make such a big deal about standard cars. They don't look that bad; standards and premiums don't look that much different. There's great standard cars like GT-One Race Car, Viper GTS-R Concept, and Audi LMS Race car. Be grateful all cars aren't standard and PD added premium cars after release day. PD did best they could, so lay off. 200+ premiums and 800+ standards > 500 premiums and 0 standards.

I dont know about that, but for my self its Quality>Quantity. That goes for most things in life.

Back