Porsche 911 RSR Confirmed For GT Sport

@Panoz Alas, it looks like the older version from this screenshot that I took. And it is even more clearly visable during motion. Excuse the quality, I used the screen capture feature on my smart phone.

Screenshot_2017-09-26-02-47-09.png

Given PD's notorious progression rates I am not suprised it is the older one but still grateful to them for including it in the game.

Last edited:
How many years has the wait been? A decade? Better be good
haha very not funny not even 4 years

@Panoz Alas, it looks like the older version from this screenshot that I took. And is even more clearly visable during motion. Excuse the quality, I used the screen capture feature on my smart phone.

View attachment 675555

Given PD's notorious progression rates I am not suprised it is the older one but still grateful to them for including it in the game.
True PD used to be the Mark in turms of cars but since GT5/6 they fail Behind

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it is the pre-Le Mans spec version. It's hardly surprising considering how long it takes to model a car. I know the exhaust upgrade sounds incredible, which perhaps the sound is taken from, but it is a cool car to have regardless. GTS is only the second game to get the new 9111 RSR.
also it has the entire GT3 Class apart from the Bentley

Does it have the Lexus RC-F GT3? Or at the very least a Gr3 version?

Was going to same the same. No Caddy either. But I guess it depends what GT3 class championship you are trying to emulate. This is still the closest to a full grid of official race cars from the same class we have had in a GT game. No more tuned road cars sharing a track with Le Mans racers or some other improbable starting grid lineup.

Last edited:
Yes it is the pre-Le Mans spec version. It's hardly surprising considering how long it takes to model a car. I know the exhaust upgrade sounds incredible, which perhaps the sound is taken from, but it is a cool car to have regardless. GTS is only the second game to get the new 9111 RSR.

Based on the little that can be heard on the video, it is convincingly reminiscent of the sound I heard trackside last June in Le Mans.
Haven't heard the old spec exhaust though.

@Panoz

Not sure how having the pre-Lemans version is again PD being slow. That is more then likely the reference model Porsche gave them at the time, which judging by the livery is when it was tested before the opening races at Daytona in IMSA and at Silverstone in WEC.

Not sure how having the pre-Lemans version is again PD being slow. That is more then likely the reference model Porsche gave them at the time, which judging by the livery is when it was tested before the opening races at Daytona in IMSA and at Silverstone in WEC.

Yes, there is a certain truth to that. But my point can still have some validity to it also. Le Mans was on the 17-18th of June. GT Sport is out 17th of October. That will be a space of 4 months. In fact, 3 months, since it has been Le Mans and players were made aware of a 911 RSR's inclusion in the game. PD have been praised and pilloried in equal measure for their attention to detail on their car modelling skills, but which some see as overkill, with time better spent on other things. And not forgetting their outdated selection of cars. That is not even taking in to account the huge time frames and delays, GT games release dates have been experiencing in the past few years. Even if it was delayed until January 2018, I would be suprised if it was the latest version. So like I said before: I am not in the least bit disappointed in it not being the newer version (as I thought it would have been unrealistic to expect it to be) and am happy of it's inclusion in the game. That was my school of thought regarding my post that you quoted.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
I'm happy with any 2016/17 race models. Things change quickly in the world of motorsport and it feels a little odd and dated to be driving cars (like the R18/TSO30) from 2011/12. Of course, once you start going back to the 80's and 90's, they're classed more as classics.

Really? I didn't see the 488 GT3, ATS-VR, 991 GT3 R so not the entire class aside from the Bentley.
we have the 458 thats counts as a ferrari also the 2017 RSR has also a GT3 version mantay runs with it a lot so there's that & the ATS runs only in the pirelli world chalenge so is kind of a one of car i don't count it for that resson

we have the 458 thats counts as a ferrari also the 2017 RSR has also a GT3 version mantay runs with it a lot so there's that & the ATS runs only in the pirelli world chalenge so is kind of a one of car i don't count it for that resson

Not really, but hey if you want to move goal posts. Okay. The RSR isn't a GT3, the GTE and GT3 aren't the same thing. You said GT3 cars, ATS V is a GT3 car that can be run in other GT3 events, so your reasoning is questionable.

Not really, but hey if you want to move goal posts. Okay. The RSR isn't a GT3, the GTE and GT3 aren't the same thing. You said GT3 cars, ATS V is a GT3 car that can be run in other GT3 events, so your reasoning is questionable.
The RSR run in many Events listed as GT3 but PD added the GTE model as For the ATS it can race everywhere but it dosen't for now at least & thats really a shame

The RSR run in many Events listed as GT3 but PD added the GTE model as For the ATS it can race everywhere but it dosen't for now at least & thats really a shame

No it doesn't the RSR as seen in this game is a GTE only car, the only current GT3 and GTE car I know of that is interchangeable is the 488 which once again we lack. As for the ATS yet again it's a GT3 that isn't in the game, thus Bentley isn't the only one as the original point maintains.

No it doesn't the RSR as seen in this game is a GTE only car, the only current GT3 and GTE car I know of that is interchangeable is the 488 which once again we lack. As for the ATS yet again it's a GT3 that isn't in the game, thus Bentley isn't the only one as the original point maintains.
if you don't beliave me check 12 hours sepang entry list it is listed a GT3 as for the ATS i already Explained why i don't count it have a good day

if you don't beliave me check 12 hours sepang entry list it is listed a GT3 as for the ATS i already Explained why i don't count it have a good day

Check what that there are no GTE cars in it that aren't the RSR GTE modeled in this upcoming game...sure...yeah that's right no GTE cars. I'm would gander you don't know why this is different from the actual GT3 and why my earlier point stands.

Check what that there are no GTE cars in it that aren't the RSR GTE modeled in this upcoming game...sure...yeah that's right no GTE cars. I'm would gander you don't know why this is different from the actual GT3 and why my earlier point stands.
i will say this one final time as clearly as i can although PD added the GTE version of the car there is also a GT3 version of it so since it is listed as GR.3 i count it as a GT3 i never said your point wasen't somewhat valid but if PD does it that way we have to play along

i will say this one final time as clearly as i can although PD added the GTE version of the car there is also a GT3 version of it so since it is listed as GR.3 i count it as a GT3 i never said your point wasen't somewhat valid but if PD does it that way we have to play along

Once again, that is understood you originally posted that the Bentley was the only missing GT3, and gave flimsy reasoning for the Ferrari and Cadillac. Porsche actual GT3 cars of date not being in the game either. If you had said something more so along the lines of the GTE and GT3 pace wise aren't different then that would make sense as an excuse as to why the GTE car is a passable substitute. However, you don't understand the differences in the cars and thus still are wrong there is no GT3 version of the GTE. The GTE is a mid engine car with a wider stance and so on. While they look the same they're not, they have similar characteristics but aren't the same.

Once again, that is understood you originally posted that the Bentley was the only missing GT3, and gave flimsy reasoning for the Ferrari and Cadillac. Porsche actual GT3 cars of date not being in the game either. If you had said something more so along the lines of the GTE and GT3 pace wise aren't different then that would make sense as an excuse as to why the GTE car is a passable substitute. However, you don't understand the differences in the cars and thus still are wrong there is no GT3 version of the GTE. The GTE is a mid engine car with a wider stance and so on. While they look the same they're not, they have similar characteristics but aren't the same.
i know they aren't the same BUT the new GT3 car is also mid-engined im sure of it
now about the Ferrari let me Correct my self we have all the manefactures & yet again im not Counting Cadilac not matter what you say Because it runs in one specific series only until it race to more than one series at the same time im not changing my mind

i know they aren't the same BUT the new GT3 car is also mid-engined im sure of it
now about the Ferrari let me Correct my self we have all the manefactures & yet again im not Counting Cadilac not matter what you say Because it runs in one specific series only until it race to more than one series at the same time im not changing my mind
You are so full of crap with the mid engine GT3 porsche. I went to a PWC race with the current Porsche 911 GT3 and talked to P. Long of all people and asked how it drove compared to say a mid engine car and it said “with the car being REAR ENGINE it drives a little different than most cars

You are so full of crap with the mid engine GT3 porsche. I went to a PWC race with the current Porsche 911 GT3 and talked to P. Long of all people and asked how it drove compared to say a mid engine car and it said “with the car being REAR ENGINE it drives a little different than most cars
well a commentator said it was the mid engined one so i most likely am but jeez is not that big of a deal relax btw i like jakedog turing garage very much

well a commentator said it was the mid engined one so i most likely am but jeez is not that big of a deal relax btw i like jakedog turing garage very much
Well, just like the internet you can’t believe everything you hear:sly:

Also when you get a chance to google a picture of a 911 RSR and a 911 GT3-R you will see that the GT3-R engine is right there next to the bumper. Where as the RSR is a diffuser first and a engine is in front of that

Well, just like the internet you can’t believe everything you hear:sly:

Also when you get a chance to google a picture of a 911 RSR and a 911 GT3-R you will see that the GT3-R engine is right there next to the bumper. Where as the RSR is a diffuser first and a engine is in front of that
i know but they where making a big deal all the time they were saying how this mid engined porsche will perform about its tyre wear etc so i said well they must know but then again the Wec Commentators said BMW is testing a prototype lol

Ok well I will say afaik the GTE-Pro are all mid engine.

The GTE-Am are at always a year older minimum than the GTE-Pro cars so the Am Porsche’s are Rear Engine, until possibly next year.

Latest Posts

Back