Porsche expands 911 lineup with Speedster & GTS models

Good luck finding most of them on the lot if you didn't put in large deposit/entire sum in advance.

You wait for your 911 to be ready after customizing it for a few hours, or just take one of the unloved lot placeholders (which are probably still quite nice, if you're not going to go OCD because you couldn't wait for the leather-wrapped turn signal stalks and fuel cap).

Good luck finding most of them on the lot if you didn't put in large deposit/entire sum in advance.

You wait for your 911 to be ready after customizing it for a few hours, or just take one of the unloved lot placeholders (which are probably still quite nice, if you're not going to go OCD because you couldn't wait for the leather-wrapped turn signal stalks and fuel cap).

The great thing about Porsche is that you can spec out exactly the car you want. There is literally something for everyone. Just go to a PCA meet...Porsches come in all sorts of flavors. :)

And for the person who thinks Cabs are useless, not everyone needs their 911 to be a track monster. And even then, these cars are pretty competent at doing track work & then doing daily driving duties.

I just noticed the Sport Classic isn't on my 911 chart...Shame.

^ I know, I like the Sport Classic. I think it only applies to the USDM market. :indiff:

porsche_911_classic_montage.jpg

-> 20 cars for the 997 isn't that much accurate. There are other 997s at the rich guys disposal.

porsche-911-gt3-rsr.jpg

2008-porsche-911-gt3-cup-_460x0w.jpg

;)

Porsche need the Cayenne though... whatever 911 fans think of it, the Cayenne is the car that makes the profit and funds wonderful things like the GT2RS and the forthcoming 918.
It's funny looking at the sales charts Porsche releases every so often & seeing the Cayenne & Panamera top the charts.

I just noticed the Sport Classic isn't on my 911 chart...Shame.
Not available in the US. I asked before at Boardwalk & Porsche doesn't believe the US market can handle the price of it, which is around $250,000. Yeah, that's not a typo, that's what it would retail around for in the US, which means only the most Porsche die-hards would buy it over Ferrari or Lamborghini.

The thing is, Porsche presumably sell all these different examples of the 911 in great enough numbers to justify their production. If anything, it'd be foolish of them not to sell that many if they have the customer base to buy them.

Also, how are these different models necessarily any different from virtually every manufacturer on the planet selling a family car with ten different engines and five different trim levels? I'd expect there's easily enough diversity at the high end of the market as there is at the low end of the market.

JCE
omg...

20 different trims for one model of car. Seriously Porsche, spend some R&D and come up with something else that isn't 911 related. Porsche has taken the too many models crown from the Ford Mustang.

You mean like the Boxster, Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera, upcoming 918, and various other cars throughout their history?...

I'm loving the shape of that 911 Speedster.

👍

Edit: Have decided to send this to Porsche UK's HeadQuarters in Reading.

'Hello,

Because I am the best person in the world I've fixed all of Porsche's problems.
I've attached the most amazing set of changes to the 911 range that will save you BAZILLIONS of pounds.

You're welcome.

Danny,
Future King of the World.'

You're basing these cuts solely on the thumbnails. You do realize that the Turbo, which sells just fine on its own, will be replaced by the Turbo S, which costs more than 30,000$ more?

You're basing these cuts solely on the thumbnails. You do realize that the Turbo, which sells just fine on its own, will be replaced by the Turbo S, which costs more than 30,000$ more?

I could only see them getting rid of the base model....I'm not sure how it seels but the combined sales from the faster, special cars probably outweigh the base 911.

There's no need to get rid of it; it sells and presumably there's demand for it. Having driven a "base model" modern 911 (3.6 996), I can say they still feel great. Not everything benefits from more grip and more power.

Civic:

2DR DX
2DR LX
2DR EX
2DR EX w/Nav
2DR EX-L
2DR EX-L w/Nav
2DR Si
2DR Si w/Summer Tires
2DR Si w/Nav
2DR Si w/Nav and Summer Tires

4DR DX
4DR DX-VP
4DR LX
4DR LX-S
4DR EX
4DR EX w/Nav
4DR EX-L w/Nav
4DR Si
4DR Si w/Summer Tires
4DR Si w/Nav
4DR Si w/Nav and Summer Tires

4DR Hybrid
4DR Hybrid w/Nav
4DR Hybrid w/Leather
4DR Hybrid w/Leather and Nav

4DR GX

So if you want to play games, Honda sells 26 Civics.

Also 20 different Accords.

Last edited:
Back