Porsche Support for GT6 in Addon content?

• Thread starter speedrcr
  • 51 comments

Add Porsche or Ruf as a DLC if not in the game?

• Total voters
I'm surprised that PD doesn't have talks with Volkswagon A.G. and try to get Porsche license through the parent company as Volks actually owns Porsche outright and could exercise it's right to control all licensing of their product.

That would probably be a bad idea. Porsche has 50.7% of the votes in Volkswagen AG, so an attempt to run over Porsche might backfire.

Volkswagen AG Shareholder structure.

(Source)

Current voting rights distribution (as at December 31, 2012)

Porsche Automobil Holding SE, Stuttgart 50.73%
Porsche GmbH, Salzburg 2.37%
State of Lower Saxony, Hanover 20.00%
Qatar Holding 17.00%
Others 9.90%

I'm a huge fan of Porsche ever since I was young, my older brother is a panel beater repairing cars and as a kid I used to get into so many cars and mess around pretend driving with sound effects...lol :D

I loved the way the Porsche 911T looked sitting there all tarted up with a fresh paint job and my brother had just finished polishing it ready for the customer to pick it up.
I wanted to sit in it so bad but I wasn't allowed :/ lol, that's probably why I love it so much because I got denied the first time.

Then I got denied every GT game since then. GT5 on the very first day I bought the game I went straight into premium dealership to see if my beloved Porsche was there but inevitably EA has decided to ransom Porsche. EA is a real pain in the backside, we the consumers must have some kind of right to this, these exclusivety right's are all straight up BS. EA did not make Porsche and any sim developing company should have the right to buy any track or car license they want. If you as a company are making a game then make it to the best of what it can be don't use companies like Porsche to get your rubbish onto the store shelf.

If PD struck a deal with EA and Porsche and made a deal I would be happy to pay for the DLC in GT6, so Mr. Kazunori if you can make it happen please do! :D

I'll just leave this here.

normal.jpg

Yeah I love this car and Porsche. If PD got Porshe, GT6 will be THE game.

There are a few good Porsche tuners out there like Ruf and Techart which come to mind immediately. I wouldn't be opposed to either of them if Porsche is off limits.

I did not realize it was a multiple choice poll until after I made my selection.

If there was such a DLC pack I would be interested for sure

As for the last option I'm sure pretty much everyone would rather them be in the game than as DLC, kind of a no brainer. Unless you mean RUF over Porsche?

Porsche is in Driveclub, since Sony has the licence to include Porsche in Driveclub, what's stopping Porsche from being included in GT6? DLC or Launch, i think there will be Porsche's in GT6.

Porsche is in Driveclub, since Sony has the licence to include Porsche in Driveclub, what's stopping Porsche from being included in GT6? DLC or Launch, i think there will be Porsche's in GT6.

Nope, it's RUF. :indiff:

Not that I am confident that this will ever happen, but I'd pay a 10€ DLC with my eyes closed for as little as three cars: cayman s, 911 carrera 4s, 911 GT3

What about the highly modified Porsche racecars that were sold to customers? Some of those customers equipped them with a completely new honeycomb chassis, new bodywork etc. That would be a nice workaround to get Porsche racecars without risking a lawsuit.

Examples: Richard Lloyd racing Porsche 962, completely reworked with a new chassis, new bodywork, highly modified engine, repositioned side view mirrors...

s1_1.jpg

If a DLC Porsche Pack was to be offered down the line I would certainly buy it - Carrera GT is one of my all-time favourites. Having played GT for 15 years I am completely accustomed to not having Porsche and if this never changes I will not be bothered. There are so many cars we have or could have that will keep me occupied in all future GT titles.

What about the highly modified Porsche racecars that were sold to customers? Some of those customers equipped them with a completely new honeycomb chassis, new bodywork etc. That would be a nice workaround to get Porsche racecars without risking a lawsuit.

Examples: Richard Lloyd racing Porsche 962, completely reworked with a new chassis, new bodywork, highly modified engine, repositioned side view mirrors...

s1_1.jpg

Then it's basically not a Porsche, is it.

Back