Post some infos about your music instrument :)Music 

• Thread starter MugenVTEC
  • 69 comments
Silverzone
Right now I have a Drive Wildfire combo pack, and my Epiphone Dr-100 (Natural finish, Looks awesome) And tonight im ordering an Squier Telecaster.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Affinity-Series-Telecaster-Special?sku=515115

I wanted a fender, but money problems got in the way :(

for a little closer: I have Gibson Light strings on my DR-100, and ernie Ball Hybrids on my drive. I use yellow (forgot thickness) dunlap tortex pics, and Fender cables. I have a Drive 2 6 inch speaker combo amp that came with my wildfire, but i m getting a second hand Kustom combo amp, (Really big for a combo, and also Really really really loud for $100) I had a Danelectro Fab distortion pedle, but it broke on me. Eh, oh well.

Nice! Welcome aboard fellow DR-100 owner! lol.

ND4SPD
Nice! Welcome aboard fellow DR-100 owner! lol.
Does your E string buzz like a Mofo? Im trying to figure out if its just mine, or the model's problem entirely..

Pako
Right on! What kind of music to you plan on playing with that Tele? Great guitar for the money BTW! 👍

I plan on playing anything I can learn with it. Mostly ill be playing power chords for my band, but im hoping to learn something more complicated. Actually, I didnt get to order the telel last night due to money isues, but i will order it one day. Yeah, i thought it looked like an awesome guitar for $169.00. But since I'm having to wait a while, I may just save up for a Fender. havent decided yet.

I have a Falcon FG100 acoustic guitar. I started learning a few months ago and I wanted the cheapest one I could find just in case I lost interest straight away. It looks very cheap (it only cost £30) but it sounds OK and I'll keep it for a while until I get a bit better. :)

Silverzone
Does your E string buzz like a Mofo? Im trying to figure out if its just mine, or the model's problem entirely...

Hmm none of the strings on mine buzz at all. Although I've heard of a few DR-100 owners complain about buzzing strings. Apparently changing the strings to something better than what came with it takes care of the problem. I gotta question, what model does it say on the little guarantee stamp on the inside? Mine says DR-100 EB I have no idea what that EB stands for unless it stands for the colour?

ND4SPD
Hmm none of the strings on mine buzz at all. Although I've heard of a few DR-100 owners complain about buzzing strings. Apparently changing the strings to something better than what came with it takes care of the problem. I gotta question, what model does it say on the little guarantee stamp on the inside? Mine says DR-100 EB I have no idea what that EB stands for unless it stands for the colour?
Yeah, EB stands for "Ebony" And thats odd. I put some Gibson strings on there, and i still get a serious buzz on my E.. maybe i should put some martins on that sucker this weekend.. may make the difference.

Anyway, anyone seen this little thing yet? Depending on how much this costs, I will have one its soo rad.

http://www.xpresense.com

its the WAG, a ring that you can control your Wah and a lot more. Wireless and everything. Pretty neat-o to me.

Silverzone
Yeah, EB stands for "Ebony" And thats odd. I put some Gibson strings on there, and i still get a serious buzz on my E.. maybe i should put some martins on that sucker this weekend.. may make the difference.

Anyway, anyone seen this little thing yet? Depending on how much this costs, I will have one its soo rad.

http://www.xpresense.com

its the WAG, a ring that you can control your Wah and a lot more. Wireless and everything. Pretty neat-o to me.
Whoa, that WAG thing is pretty sweet! Even with Gibson strings it still buzzes eh? Thats a little odd. I dunno, that could be a problem with your specific guitar. I have no idea why it would be doing that.

ND4SPD
Whoa, that WAG thing is pretty sweet! Even with Gibson strings it still buzzes eh? Thats a little odd. I dunno, that could be a problem with your specific guitar. I have no idea why it would be doing that.
Yeah, I'm going to put some Martin Strings on there tomorrow, (or Today after work, Depends on When I get outta here) But I've basically come to the point that I need to adjust the truss rod. But then again, I have Absolutely No idea how to do so. I have heard if you over adjust the turss rod, you can mess it up so I'm also afraid to adjust it myself. I may have to take it to the Guitar shop in Weatherford (No telling how much they'll charge :ouch: ) But yeah, as for the WAG, If I can Iwill have one, That looks like it be a rad little tool to have.

Silverzone
Yeah, I'm going to put some Martin Strings on there tomorrow, (or Today after work, Depends on When I get outta here) But I've basically come to the point that I need to adjust the truss rod. But then again, I have Absolutely No idea how to do so. I have heard if you over adjust the turss rod, you can mess it up so I'm also afraid to adjust it myself. I may have to take it to the Guitar shop in Weatherford (No telling how much they'll charge :ouch: ) But yeah, as for the WAG, If I can Iwill have one, That looks like it be a rad little tool to have.

The guitar shops around here (that I trust) usually charge around $60 for a complete guitar setup which includes new strings.... They typically will adjust/machine the nut and bridge, set the intonation, and get the action where you want it by adjust the nut, bridge, truss rod.

Adjusting the truss rod, and setting intonation are things that most players should know how to do on their own. Get to know the guys at the local shop and see if they'll show you how to do it when they setup your guitar. Most the time these guys are cool enough to do it.

Pako
The guitar shops around here (that I trust) usually charge around $60 for a complete guitar setup which includes new strings.... They typically will adjust/machine the nut and bridge, set the intonation, and get the action where you want it by adjust the nut, bridge, truss rod.

Adjusting the truss rod, and setting intonation are things that most players should know how to do on their own. Get to know the guys at the local shop and see if they'll show you how to do it when they setup your guitar. Most the time these guys are cool enough to do it.
Thanks, Thats a pretty good idea. Well, an update on my situation. The band I was going to buy the Kustom Amp from had to trade it in when they bought their cabinet. So now Im on a search for a new Amp (Id guess 100W or 120 W, either one) for under $500. If i order one from musicians freind, there is a Fender Frontman 2X12 for $300 dollars, or a Behringer for $200 something. Anyone have any other reccomendations?

EDIT: My New Toy :D

I love it soo much, It's a Peavy Predator. I picked it up at a pawn shop yesterday for $125, Which is a GREAT price. This guitar sounds great clean or dirty. I really like the bridge. son't know what it is (Not exactly floyd rose, cant really determine what it is) but if i used tremello, it looks like It would play like a champ. the only downside (which isnt a big deal at all) is that its a bit heavy. but oh well.

sorry for the double post, but I am curious about this and I was hoping someone would see the update. I have never seen a predator like mine, and since I got it used, there really isn't any way I can determine how old it is. Does anyone have any knowledge of Peavey guitars and maybe give me an estimate of how old the guitar is. to see it, see above post.

Back