PP "cheat cars"

• Thread starter RacingFan1
  • 45 comments
Spain
Spain
I found out yesterday about a customized Suzuki Capuccino with changed engine (RX7) and about 550PP. It is vastly superior (a lot faster) than most other cars out there with the same PP.
Can you guys share any other examples that you know?

Edit: I'm talking about ROAD CARS. Not Gr1/Gr2/Gr3/Gr4

Last edited:
There was a daily race A, a while ago where you had to use the BMW street car. The race had a horsepower limit, but if you swapped for another engine, you could have way more torque than the regular engine.
It was within the race rules, and not cheating, but I think it was a bad idea to allow it, because if people weren't lucky enough to have the upgraded engine, they simply could not compete.

I found out yesterday about a customized Suzuki Capuccino with changed engine (RX7) and about 550PP. It is vastly superior (a lot faster) than most other cars out there with the same PP.
I drove against one of these yesterday in a free lobby. However, he drove so crappy that I was able to win with my inferior series Impreza.

But on the subject: An 800PP Audi R18 2016 is a weapon, because of its awesome grip and strong acceleration due to the hybrid. Almost invincible on twisty courses, but hardly usable on fast courses because there is too little power in the upper limit range.

I have most of the swap combos. The Cap swap is a PITA to drive like most overpowered swaps.

At 700pp and 730pp the Pantera swap can beat Gr.3 cars. The 380RS Amuse LS swap is an animal at 700pp.

Last edited:
The Mitsubishi Evo V is maybe the best handling car at 600 pp. It doesn't even need any roulette parts.

Also there are a lot of posts on the money grind threads that have overpowered tunes.

Last edited:
The Alfa Romeo 4c is a beast for its pp. It's not just quick but has amazing fuel economy.
I should expand on this.

I do a lot of testing by running 22 lap "enduros" at Tokyo Expressway (the loop config). I always run 20 cars from my garage. One of the interesting things Ive found is that the Porsche 911 CS 92' and the Alfa 4c consistently place way higher than other cars of similar PP, lapping cars like the Ferrari 458 by at least one lap. From what I've noticed in the replays is they can go about twice as long between refueling as other cars which is obvi a big factor, but they aren't much off the pace of the 458 either. I run 6-10x fuel consumption and 18-24x tire wear.

One big issue here is the AI can be all over the place. Some races I'll see those cars break into the 1:29 sec range but others they will be consistently 10+ seconds slower. And for some reason whomever drives my built R32 GTR is ALWAYS drunk.

Last edited:
RUhh, not really. Not like IRL or in FM7.
There's a lot of things the game doesn't do like real life, but I struggle to see how the wheel width is that different to how it is in FM7 (which isn't just like real life either BTW)? Both make you wheels and tyres wider. Just to remind you, you stated "we`re unable to upgrade the tirewidth" which is factually wrong, regardless of how it mimics real life or other games, we absolutely can.

Last edited:
The Suzuki Escudo with High RPM Turbo and Racing Medium tires with max rear downforce and lowest front downforce is good for about 799 PP making it the fastest "Cheat car" IMO, it can even compete with Gr.2 using this tune.

Radical SR1 is quite OP at 600pp street car races, even though the engine is a bit underpowered on straights the low weight and high downforce more than makes up for the low power.

Some of the Classic cars in the Legendary showroom can be made into beasts.On the 700 Le Mans race i use tuned E and D type Jags,Aston DB3s,Shelby Daytona(NA only otherwise if you use forced induction you get just over 2 laps of fuel),Ferrari 205GT Berlinetta,Alpine A220.All come in well below 700pp.For the 800 race i use the Jag XJ13 but you will need to add some weight etc.

Since the update dropped, and the PP changes, my Coyote Pantera demolishes the 550 clubman + races, most notably Tsukuba.

To the point it's like running a 600PP car.

There's a lot of things the game doesn't do like real life, but I struggle to see how the wheel width is that different to how it is in FM7 (which isn't just like real life either BTW)? Both make you wheels and tyres wider. Just to remind you, you stated "we`re unable to upgrade the tirewidth" which is factually wrong, regardless of how it mimics real life or other games, we absolutely can

Dave, you have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about.

Dave, you have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about.
As opposed to your falsely claiming you are unable to upgrade the tyre width when changing the width of the wheels (and with it the tyres) is literally an option you can set when you install new wheels. Then trying to move the goalposts and now just attempting to attack the person and poo'ing my response instead of proving whatever point you are trying to make. I think I have an idea what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
I drove against one of these yesterday in a free lobby. However, he drove so crappy that I was able to win with my inferior series Impreza.

But on the subject: An 800PP Audi R18 2016 is a weapon, because of its awesome grip and strong acceleration due to the hybrid. Almost invincible on twisty courses, but hardly usable on fast courses because there is too little power in the upper limit range.
Thanks for the reply but I was talking about road cars specifically. Being Gr1 they should be more or less balanced.
In the example I posted above, Capuccino with swapped engine is insanely fast for its PP. In many tracks its like 6-7 seconds faster than most other cars

As opposed to your falsely claiming you are unable to upgrade the tyre width when changing the width of the wheels (and with it the tyres) is literally an option you can set when you install new wheels. Then trying to move the goalposts and now just attempting to attack the person and poo'ing my response instead of proving whatever point you are trying to make. I think I have an idea what I'm talking about.
I'm not so sure about that... I though it was "wide offset" rather than wide tyres.

Also wider rims doesn't automatically mean wider tyres. As you can see from the preview, the tyre profile is different but the width of the part that touches the road is unchanged

Last edited:
I'm not so sure about that... I though it was "wide offset" rather than wide tyres.

Also wider rims doesn't automatically mean wider tyres. As you can see from the preview, the tyre profile is different but the width of the part that touches the road is unchanged
No, the rim width and offset are two seperate options. One widens the wheel and I believe tyre as well and the other option offsets the wheel outwards from its stock position.

No, the rim width and offset are two seperate options. One widens the wheel and I believe tyre as well and the other option offsets the wheel outwards from its stock position.
I suppose, the original implication was that if the tyres were wider they would have more grip, which could probably be tested in GT7 with a drag race? Or maybe side by side photo?

Last edited:
A Civic-swap Beat is the most hilarious thing I've ever done :lol:

I used a @praiano63 tune and it's like using a Gr 3 in the Clubman+ races. Nearly 190 down High Speed Ring.
Speaking of hilarious, I did the engine swap on the older Mini and I get so much horsepower that my tires are still squeeling in fifth gear. I ran it at the Race A in Tokyo last week and laughed the entire time. I never could reach the PP limit no matter how much I added to it. I think it capped out in the mid-500s, so I’d imagine I could probably make a sleeper beast at around 400 PP.

Last edited:
I suppose, the original implication was that if the tyres were wider they would have more grip, which could probably be tested in GT7 with a drag race? Or maybe side by side photo?
I don't suppose to know what he meant beyond stating a feature that appears to be quite in the game isn't in the game. But increasing the width as far as I can recall, does increase the cars PP which suggests there is a supposed performance gain derived from it. Drag races would be hard to test as I don't think the difference would be as big as the variation between inputs on each launch, though I suppose you could do a number of runs and find a mean average.

I don't suppose to know what he meant beyond stating a feature that appears to be quite in the game isn't in the game. But increasing the width as far as I can recall, does increase the cars PP which suggests there is a supposed performance gain derived from it. Drag races would be hard to test as I don't think the difference would be as big as the variation between inputs on each launch, though I suppose you could do a number of runs and find a mean average.
Yeah, I thought the minor PP gain may represent a wider stance providing better cornering, rather than more grip... I'll put the two options on identical cars in a scrapes photo and see if we can measure what's changed...

Wider tyres change PP and make cars handling different. But whether this is better or worse depends on the car and the setup in general. Also before the tyre rework, it was affecting tyre degrading slower on some cars. Havent tried again.

I knew there was something fishy, yesterday i encoutered a cappuccino 91 with outstanding performance, and another suspect car, ( i don't remember which one ) with probably a swapped engine too.

The thing about "swapping engine" sounds ******** to me since day one, not only because it's completely UNREALISTIC except some rare case, but still a non-sense. I think i'm gonna join lobbies witho only allowed non-tuning cars or do on myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew there was something fishy, yesterday i encoutered a cappuccino 91 with outstanding performance, and another suspect car, ( i don't remember which one ) with probably a swapped engine too.

The thing about "swapping engine" sounds ******** to me since day one, not only because it's completely UNREALISTIC except some rare case, but still a non-sense. I think i'm gonna join lobbies witho only allowed non-tuning cars or do on myself.
It’s not that rare to see engine swaps in real life. In fact, I’d go so far as to say it’s pretty common in the motoring world!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s not that rare to see engine swaps in real life. In fact, I’d go so far as to say it’s pretty common in the motoring world!!
Is it though? Outside of racing, car clubs and automotive communities are engine swaps actually that common?

There are over 1.5bn cars in the world, I doubt a notable portion are engine swapped and I think the last time I actually saw an engine swapped car was over a year ago.

I've driven an engine swapped racing Golf, an engine swapped racing Spitfire and my dad swapped the engine in a Mini once, he replaced its broken engine with a working engine from another Mini. From the top of my head, I don't think there are any other engine swapped cars I've seen on the roads or owned by people I know. I've seen them at car shows and the like, but those cars don't represent something being pretty common for me.

Back