PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 12,018 comments
Dodge SRT Tomahawk S VGT - 1010PP Maxed - Racing Soft tires - All Track - 1.46
Faster than a Redbull X2019 Competition on SPA , Superior grip for medium to high speed corners. This car was a lottery gift yesterday and it was a very good surprise for me on track. You can use DRS almost everywhere but it take out a lot of front grip. The car stay very stable in any occasion. Even wheel spin out corner is zero with all this power , it's another GT7 mistery.

1714937005843.png
1714937019899.png
1714937033431.png

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

We're all aware of the 1st gear ratio bug introduced with one of the recent updates. I'm hoping someone can help me understand something.

This is the Ferrari F50 with Praiano's 1.35 tune applied. See the first gear says a speed of 86 kph.

Check out the video below. Look at the speed that the car goes to in first gear. A lot more than 86.

What does the 86 actually mean if it doesn't represent the top speed for the gear?

IMG_2971.JPG

We're all aware of the 1st gear ratio bug introduced with one of the recent updates. I'm hoping someone can help me understand something.

This is the Ferrari F50 with Praiano's 1.35 tune applied. See the first gear says a speed of 86 kph.

Check out the video below. Look at the speed that the car goes to in first gear. A lot more than 86.

What does the 86 actually mean if it doesn't represent the top speed for the gear?

View attachment 1353184

It seems that the limiter is not working for the writen speed on 1st gear. Actually it's 120kmh on the video. Only the last gear can pass over the RPM limit. I really don't know, i'll do some test later.

It actually gets to 137kph before redlining.

The end result is the bug is negated and it drives fine without requiring any gearbox adjustment. So I’m not complaining. I’d just like to understand it…

Will look at some other cars with "bugged gearboxes and see if the same phenomenon exists. Would be good if others could do the same and report back.

Last edited:
From experience it seems it's the graph that matters, not the top speed number, so you'll still have the old setting as long as you don't change the first gear.

What do you mean by "still have the old setting?"

For example, in your setup the game changed the numerical top speed to 86 kph, but the graph remained at its original setting of 130 kph or so (whatever you had set up before the update). As long as you don't adjust the first gear, the graph will not be updated with the new speed (86 kph), and 1st gear top speed will remain as it was before the update. You can still adjust final drive without breaking the old setting, but that's about it.

Ahhh gotcha! Thanks so much for explaining! So does that mean the bug is only graphical and doesn’t affect any of the actual 1st gear performances?
It is very likely that is exactly what it means. Less graphical bug and more just the digits displayed for speed. You could match Praiano's tuning but ignore the number it shows for the top speed on 1st gear. Set it to the other number suggested (3.390 in the Ferrari F50 tuning) and very likely the speed displayed is bugged. But check the graph image and make sure it matches Praiano's. Should see no change in performance. I won't be home for a day to test this or I would.

EDIT: or if it doesn't let you do the 3.390, you would set gears 2 and above and set the final gear. Then move first gear to a spot that the graph has similar spacing and the height of each of the lines to match the graphic from Praiano's gearbox.

Last edited:
Hey, long term user of your setups and love them. Was wondering if you could do one for the Mazda Atenza Gr3 car under bop regs? Been given it at random for a Gr3 series.
Many thanks in advance if you do
Ginge
You know that the only BOP Applied Gr.3 event don't allow any settings. Are you talking about ONLINE lobby events ?

Suzuka is the first round
I'll do something. What are you're skills or DR ? Also the kind of race ? Sprint or longer race ?...
It's important to let the car with a free end and very performant , or more safe and still performant (around 0.200 slower) , or very safe with around 0.400 slower than the first one.

Last edited:
I'll do something. What are you're skills or DR ? Also the kind of race ? Sprint or longer race ?...
It's important to let the car with a free end and very performant , or more safe and still performant (around 0.200 slower) , or very safe with around 0.400 slower than the first one.
I'll be honest, it was AS but I haven't touched sport mode in over a year. Had enough of being rammed off.

Last edited:
Hi Praiano, I have a special request, I have a race on sunday for the renault 4L in lago magiore occidental inverse, i have a limit on 444pp, i tested your setup just adding a bit of balast and it was great for going round in 1.07 but other people are doing 1.06 low, any sugestions?? Thank you for your great work!!

Latest Posts

Back