Problems with Daytona AFK grinding. Please help !

• Thread starter Werneckluk
  • 11 comments
Brazil
Brazil
Hi guys. I was doing the Daytona Oval AFK grinding using the Honda Beat and everything was doing fine. Until I had the stupid idea to widebody my Beat...and the method doesn’t work anymore. The car loses way too much speed now touching the wall. Tried with the s660 swapped and it also doesn’t have enough speed to pass the Tomahawks.

Any idea of other cars that work and pays close to the Beat? Is the Abarth still working for this? Any way to slow down the Tomahawks even more through gearing?

Abarth should work.

And I would not slow down Tommies more, in fact it is better when they are a bit faster so you don't lap them too often as it is where shenanigans can happen in AFK

Abarth should work.

And I would not slow down Tommies more, in fact it is better when they are a bit faster so you don't lap them too often as it is where shenanigans can happen in AFK

The problem is the tomahawks are way too fast now. Could you help me nerf them a little more?

The problem is the tomahawks are way too fast now. Could you help me nerf them a little more?
I used various guides available to tune them down. Not sure why they would be faster now. I'll advice you yo check those guides, as I don't remember fully what was necessary to do.

I'm using this setup by safetyp1. Still works flawlessly to this day. Requires a PS5.

Well thats a joke. Here is the AHK script i developed based off the old one by Septomor:

1. gt7, ps5 required
  2. download chiaki v2.2, install
  3. double click your ps5 in chiaki
  4. use this to get your psn id in base64, enter in chiaki -> https://psn.flipscreen.games/
  5. go to ps5 settings, remote play, link device, itll show the pin, enter pin in chiaki
  6. download autohotkey v1.1 deprecated version
  7. download my script from pastebin. Save it into a .ahk file.
  8. map nos to L1, accel R2, steering Left stick. Set units to metric kph.
  9. get in tomahawk car, tune to setup screenshot, make sure ballast 200kg -50 position, 70 power output
  10. setup custom race at daytona tri oval, 20cars, start pos 20, 26 laps, Start Type - Rolling Start, Boost off, weak sliptstream, max out the rolling start interval, Nitrous Usage Time Multiplier: 10x, custom opponents from garage (it should fill up with tomahawks), Rival Difficulty - Professional Level -> save this as a race setup for later use. it should state 1.031M cr for winning.
  11. get in your abarth 595, K20 eng swap, fully tune it except bumpers/spoilers. tune it as per screenshots.
  12. go setup the custom race at daytona tri oval again, load the race setup saved from step 9
  13. start the race, pause the race, hover over retry
  14. open the script file, set to pixel option
  15. hit start
  16. you should get 1.5M with clean race bonus every time, about 4.5M/hour. laptimes should be ~48s
  17. Set tc1View attachment 1302227View attachment 1302229View attachment 1302226View attachment 1302228
View attachment 1302225

Hope this helps.

Hi guys. I was doing the Daytona Oval AFK grinding using the Honda Beat and everything was doing fine. Until I had the stupid idea to widebody my Beat...and the method doesn’t work anymore. The car loses way too much speed now touching the wall. Tried with the s660 swapped and it also doesn’t have enough speed to pass the Tomahawks.

Any idea of other cars that work and pays close to the Beat? Is the Abarth still working for this? Any way to slow down the Tomahawks even more through gearing?
Simplest solution would be to buy a new Beat, wouldn't it? After all, they are quite cheap, and you can then sell your widebody Beat via the Used Cars Valuation Service.

Last edited:
Simplest solution would be to buy a new Beat, wouldn't it? After all, they are quite cheap, and you can then sell your widebody Beat via the Used Cars Valuation Service.
But they are not always on sale, maybe that is the issue.

It doesn't take long for a Beat to turn up usually. Buy another, and don't fit the widebody so it doesn't push itself into the wall. What are the gears currently like on the tomahawks? You can individually reduce each gear, starting with 1st, working your way down to 7th, to limit the car to 50km/h.

The Mazda Demio XD in brand central works well for the grind. It can be nerfed to under 200PP for bigger payouts. It doesn't have the best top speed though.

S660 better than a beat
Is it? It's been a while since I've done it but from memory the K20-swapped Beat has a much higher top speed and can still be nerfed to under 300pp where the S660 without an engine swap can get under 200PP but is much slower overall

I used various guides available to tune them down. Not sure why they would be faster now. I'll advice you yo check those guides, as I don't remember fully what was necessary to do.
for the tommyhawks i just tuned the gear box to a lower top speed and didnt mess with anything else.

Back