• 40 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

simonPL

(Banned)
Poland
Poland
szymonblaszczyk
Hi! Last I think the cars and came up with Project 24. It is assumed build or rent a car. I spoke with the Rebellion and Nissan. So far the bad news. If we could build a car LMP3 class (we could compete in the European Le Mans Series) or LMP2 (2016) or the LMP1 (2017, 2018). I wonder what you think about this idea.

The translation:

So the guy was sitting one day in his room and thinking about cars and decided to try to compete in Lemans 24 hours race. For that he needs a race car (obviously). So you can either rent one or build one. He contacted Rebellion Racing team and Nissan Racing team about renting the race car, and got no news (at least no good news). So then he thought about building the car himself.

If LMP3 or LMP2 class race car was chosen, then he (we?) could compete in the European Le Mans Series, probably in 2016. If LMP1 car was built, then it would be no sooner than 2017, 2018.

So he wanted to ask you (us), what do we think about his idea?

So, what do we think?
:rolleyes:

Hi! Last I think the cars and came up with Project 24. It is assumed build or rent a car. I spoke with the Rebellion and Nissan. So far the bad news. If we could build a car LMP3 class (we could compete in the European Le Mans Series) or LMP2 (2016) or the LMP1 (2017, 2018). I wonder what you think about this idea.
Terrible idea, unless you have 500,000 spare USD laying around and a racing license, which I doubt. Also this is in the wrong thread.

Should i be worried that i understand him completely

Well for a start, you will not be able to manufacture your own LMP2 or LMP3 chassis for 2017, so whatever you choose to build for 2016 would become obsolete within a year, or you would need to buy from one of the four (LMP2) or five (LMP3) manufacturers who have been given permission to build chassis from '17. Building a LMP1 chassis and then getting a competitive engine is not cheap, even for the privateers, and takes a while to get the thing running reliably, as Rebellion found out this year.

404 - Brain Has Failed To Load; Terminal Error

This is an odd thread, but a neat idea according to the translation of this odd language by @YZF .

:lol: (I'm only joking)

You try to write in polish and then we'll see if you can do better!

:D

Everyone posting to this thread in meme and gif form is actually contributing less to this site than someone with an (admittedly bad) idea and the relatively inability to communicate it.

The next one to do so will receive an approximate idea of how much less they are contributing, by way of not being able to do so any more.

...Wow, isn't running a racecar seriously expensive business, even with bunch of sponsors? The OP doesn't really specify other than asking for an opinion here. Does OP have a concrete plan of some kind? I see garage 56 in thread title; isn't that so-called "experimental" vehicle category?

I do wish this guy luck, I really do, but well...

Oh and to race in Le Mans 24hrs, (I assume that's what OP's been talking about) don't you need to be invited by the French racing federation or something?

Yep, but have sponsors. So are: Falken, Motul, Bilstein, 24 and More and SwiatWyscigow.PL.

If you know you can do it, go for it! I'm sure that Le Mans is invitation-only, so entering LMP3 for ELMS would be an easier choice. If you do go for Garage 56 and a works team enters (say Nissan gives the Deltawing another shot) you'd probably get replaced.

This forum section is really not the ideal place to really ask about something as serious as this. The GT6 section is an absolute war zone of sarcasm, nay-sayers, false hope hype trains, and "guess I can't state my opinion" people.

I highly recommend asking this question in this forum. You'd hopefully receive more productive replies.

If you know you can do it, go for it! I'm sure that Le Mans is invitation-only, so entering LMP3 for ELMS would be an easier choice. If you do go for Garage 56 and a works team enters (say Nissan gives the Deltawing another shot) you'd probably get replaced.

This forum section is really not the ideal place to really ask about something as serious as this. The GT6 section is an absolute war zone of sarcasm, nay-sayers, false hope hype trains, and "guess I can't state my opinion" people.

I highly recommend asking this question in this forum. You'd hopefully receive more productive replies.

Costs: 300-400 thousands euro.

Hi! Last I reflect on cars and came up with Project 24. It envisages to build or rent a car in the LMP1 class. I spoke with Rebellion Racing and Nissan Motorsports. I met with refusal. But if we could build a car class LMP3 (2016 or 2017 and the European Le Mans Series) or LMP1 (2018), we could start.

I agree with iName, you won't find what you are looking for in this section. Especially if you are determined and serious about this.

However,

I'm interested in the idea. If you trying to design a Le Mans Prototype Concept for the garage 56 category, one thing I hope you have is sufficient funds and some kind of team behind you. Because this could be extremely difficult to pull off individually (Unless you're a millionaire). Also you need drivers (At least 2 others along with yourself if you're driving). I'm not sure how to get in the Garage 56 category. Is it by invitation? or by entry? regardless a task like this requires a lot of researching and commitment.

I do hope the best for you though and hope to see your Le Mans Concept in a Le Mans race one day!

I agree with iName, you won't find what you are looking for in this section. Especially if you are determined and serious about this.

However,

I'm interested in the idea. If you trying to design a Le Mans Prototype Concept for the garage 56 category, one thing I hope you have is sufficient funds and some kind of team behind you. Because this could be extremely difficult to pull off individually (Unless you're a millionaire). Also you need drivers (At least 2 others along with yourself if you're driving). I'm not sure how to get in the Garage 56 category. Is it by invitation? or by entry? regardless a task like this requires a lot of researching and commitment.

I do hope the best for you though and hope to see your Le Mans Concept in a Le Mans race one day!

I have 2 drivers with me.

I have 2 drivers with me.
Could you give more detail? Those drivers, are they well known? Do you all have a FIA license?

And the car? At first you said that you contacted Rebellion. Then you talked about a 3d printed car (which is entirely possible).

And the sponsors? If these well known companies like Bilstein want to sponsor you, then it must be a great idea. Could you specify?

I kinda dechiper it.

I think the OP means that the GT6 career should be a contract like system. You are contracted with specific manufacturer and goes along with it for a class until you move up aka p2 to p1.

I dont know. Probably that.

@ImmalovemaGTR
1. Yes.
2. Are starting in Global GT.
3. No.
4. Yes, but I met with refusal.
5. 3d printed car is very possible.
6. I have tire sponsor like Falken.
You will need a licence to race in an official race series like ELMS or whatever.

What do you mean with you met with refusal?

For more info on 3d printed cars search for 'strati' in google.

I understand that you have sponsors. I want to know why you have those sponsors. Is the idea you have so great? Could you share it with us in more detail.

Or am I completely wrong and you are talking about something GT6 related, as @FrzGT suggested.

@ImmalovemaGTR
1. Yes.
2. Are starting in Global GT.
3. No.
4. Yes, but I met with refusal.
5. 3d printed car is very possible.
6. I have tire sponsor like Falken.
3d printed car is not available with current technology. Still needs another generation or 2. (5-10 years maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back