Project CARS 2 DLC Thread

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 1,070 comments
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Did any other sim ever include Fiorano as a playable track?

EDIT: Sorry for triple post, internet decided to crash. That's how it feels to use 512kbps as an internet speed lol

Last edited:
I guess time will tell, but I'm still unconvinced that private test tracks that run few real life road races (bikes don't count!) are the best way forward for the track list. Leipzig seems massively underused online, and that's a pretty fair indication of how well the track suits the players for road racing. Yet here come another two.

Plus, so little US representation in the track list. VIR, Sebring, Mid-Ohio all screaming out for inclusion, perfect for road racing and Indy, multi-class etc.. I wonder how SMS prioritize their track selection?

I guess time will tell, but I'm still unconvinced that private test tracks that run few real life road races (bikes don't count!) are the best way forward for the track list. Leipzig seems massively underused online, and that's a pretty fair indication of how well the track suits the players for road racing. Yet here come another two.

Plus, so little US representation in the track list. VIR, Sebring, Mid-Ohio all screaming out for inclusion, perfect for road racing and Indy, multi-class etc.. I wonder how SMS prioritize their track selection?

For once I actually agree with you. Must be a cold day in hell indeed.

I can understand where you're coming from here completely. I'd much rather have had another German track that's used for racing like the Sachsenring instead of a test track or Misano instead of Fiorano. I think 2 test tracks is enough. You have the prestige of having the official test tracks used by Ferrari and Porsche and those who want to drive it, will drive it as a test track in most instances.

As an IndyCar and IMSA fan, definitely on the American tracks. There are a lot of ovals that would add some more variety to that. We don't have a short oval like Phoenix/Richmond or a wide-open Superspeedway which suits IndyCar like Fontana/Pocono.

Same with Asia, including Australia, as well I'd say.

I think that they prefer to have European circuits over Asian/American because they're cheaper to scan. Less money and time spent taking people and equipment around the world. I'd say it's a similar reason why there are more American tracks in Forza and more Japanese tracks in GT in other iterations.

To the bolded: apparently Ian Bell hates that track, so the chances of it coming into an SMS game are slim. Which says a lot about Ian Bell and his priorities, to be honest. One of the most historically significant tracks in North America not coming in because of petty reasons.

To the bolded: apparently Ian Bell hates that track, so the chances of it coming into an SMS game are slim. Which says a lot about Ian Bell and his priorities, to be honest. One of the most historically significant tracks in North America not coming in because of petty reasons.
What he said (that I remember) was that he said it was a boring track. If you exclude the history and the bumps and just judge it on track layout alone, I'd tend to agree.

What he said (that I remember) was that he said it was a boring track. If you exclude the history and the bumps and just judge it on track layout alone, I'd tend to agree.

Sure, but so are a lot of tracks when you boil it down to base reasons. But again, this is a historically significant track. To leave it out for that reason of 'it's boring' says a lot about the priorities of Ian Bell. And again, considering the lack of American tracks, taking it into this context, it's quite petty.

Sebring presents a huge challenge to model well (and not display the worst aspects of the suspension and physics models) because of the huge variation in track surface. And presents an immense challenge to the tuner to set up well for the worst sections without compromising the smoother.

All due deference to Mr Bell and his 🤬 opinions (ha!), but the vast majority of world drivers have a completely different opinion about Sebring, and the list of greats who have participated and sometimes won there and seemed happy about it is something I'd take over his opinion any day!

Personally, I am more of the opinion that Mr Bell realizes the flaws that might be exposed in his physics and suspension models by the track, and is simply using a flimsy excuse to not include it. We have all seen how badly Daytona can pogo cars around given less than perfect net settings.

I don't think Ian Bell has personally decided Sebring shouldn't be included based on his own opinions of the circuit

I'm pretty sure I heard a while ago that Sebring was relatively expensive in terms of license costs which may be another reason why it wasn't included

With the tracks prestige and history in the WSC, IMSA and now the WEC I think ignoring it whilst fans cry out for it would be a missed oppurtunity, even so it seems more of a project for PC3 than as a DLC for PC2

Sebring presents a huge challenge to model well (and not display the worst aspects of the suspension and physics models) because of the huge variation in track surface. And presents an immense challenge to the tuner to set up well for the worst sections without compromising the smoother.

All due deference to Mr Bell and his 🤬 opinions (ha!), but the vast majority of world drivers have a completely different opinion about Sebring, and the list of greats who have participated and sometimes won there and seemed happy about it is something I'd take over his opinion any day!

Personally, I am more of the opinion that Mr Bell realizes the flaws that might be exposed in his physics and suspension models by the track, and is simply using a flimsy excuse to not include it. We have all seen how badly Daytona can pogo cars around given less than perfect net settings.

..And that is where you lose me. You were doing so well but I think you insist on being a controversial poster. Always looking to stir something up.

..And that is where you lose me. You were doing so well but I think you insist on being a controversial poster. Always looking to stir something up.
Join the club. I had thought he turned a corner and we might have some interesting conversation.

I don't know what the story is with Sebring - it may be like Monaco and Suzuka - simply too expensive!

If we can't have Sebring, perhaps we can have an alternative historic location - what about the Oakes Field Circuit used for "Nassau Speed Weeks" - a festival of racing which climaxed with the annual Nassau Trophy Race and featured a world class field. Here's a snippet from 1964:

I find Azure exactly as Monaco, same corners, same city, I do not know why they do not call it Monaco, the name was expensive?, unlike Sakitto that is different from Suzuka, have some corners that are almost the same, but almost everything is different.

I doubt they're going to throw more tracks in the future, I just hope that they keep their promise about Interlagos.

I find Azure exactly as Monaco, same corners, same city, I do not know why they do not call it Monaco, the name was expensive?, unlike Sakitto that is different from Suzuka, have some corners that are almost the same, but almost everything is different.

I doubt they're going to throw more tracks in the future, I just hope that they keep their promise about Interlagos.

No "promise" was ever made about Interlagos. Ian said they would look at it, and that they had received a scan. Nothing more.

It's not called Monaco because it'd be either too expensive or they don't have the rights. The reason Azure is exactly the same Monaco is because it's a circuit built on public streets so they can get away with it. Unlike Suzuka which is a closed racing circuit, can't replicate that without paying.

Back