Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,173 comments
Can anyone elaborate this?

I'm looking for a console racing game for PS4. I have an old Driving Force Pro wheel but it is not compatible. Before I got the DFP, I got all golds on GT3 using the controller, so I know how to drive or fly using the analog sticks. Unfortunately the DFP is not compatible with the PS4, and I'm not sure I would want to drag it out all the time anyway.

I was given Project CARS 1 for the PS4, but I find it totally undriveable with the controller. I would pick up PC2 or PC3, but I don't want that same frustration.
You can pick up a controller and play PC3 with no fuss. It is possible to tweak the controller settings for PC2 for a good experience, there is a thread on that subject in that particular forum.

You can pick up a controller and play PC3 with no fuss. It is possible to tweak the controller settings for PC2 for a good experience, there is a thread on that subject in that particular forum.
To me it is even easier with the pad than with a wheel. It is good for what it is but I return again and again to PC2 as there are cars and tracks you don't get for a console anywhere else.

Can anyone elaborate this?

I'm looking for a console racing game for PS4. I have an old Driving Force Pro wheel but it is not compatible. Before I got the DFP, I got all golds on GT3 using the controller, so I know how to drive or fly using the analog sticks. Unfortunately the DFP is not compatible with the PS4, and I'm not sure I would want to drag it out all the time anyway.

I was given Project CARS 1 for the PS4, but I find it totally undriveable with the controller. I would pick up PC2 or PC3, but I don't want that same frustration.
Totally agree about PC1, definitely avoid PC2 and go for 3 instead, its more accessible no settings changes needed with controller. For me it's very intuitive to drive on controller, totally unlike the twitching mess of its predecessors. If you were unimpressed with the first game I can confirm PC2 will definitely make you swear on controller! (dont fall into the controller settings trap no amount of adjustments gets it truly sweet, literally wasted hours doing this). Ive put 172 hours on pc3 and its still keeping me engaged now, the game is convenient compared to GT. You can access all vehicles and tracks from the get go (hit square on car select in custom race), and the time in menu's is about 90% less compared to GT too.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the input. Sounds like PC3 is the one I should get for a racing fix.

I'm really just looking for a good single-player console-based racing game with some kind of career mode or progression similar to GT3 or GT4. I'd like it to be decently realistic within the bounds of console gaming.

Anything other than PC3 you folks would recommend? Thanks again.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the input. Sounds like PC3 is the one I should get for a racing fix.

I'm really just looking for a good single-player console-based racing game with career mode or progression similar to GT3 or GT4. I'd like it to be decently realistic within the bounds of console gaming.

Wreckfest is definitely worth a mooch such great handling, good career & variety of tracks / vehicles, F1 & Grid legends are okay but get old quite quickly. My guilty pleasure is crew motorfest its relaxing to drive (but requires minor controller adjustments to get it sweet & is firmly at the arcade end of the spectrum). WRC is sweet on controller and very realistic, but ive found it frustrating to play and rarely play it long before rage quitting.

I'm really just looking for a good single-player console-based racing game with some kind of career mode or progression similar to GT3 or GT4. I'd like it to be decently realistic within the bounds of console gaming.

I am not sure if this information is really helpful but I would not recommend the "Grid" game. There is a story mode some might like and a lot of different cars and races. But... I couldn't play it once I got to the real circuits that aren't displayed properly and felt simply wrong in comparison with PCars, ACC and even GT7. In my opinion the driving physics aren't as consistant as Pcars3.

Something completely different is "world of outlaws" and features dirt oval racing in the USA. As a european it is rather exotic but I had a lot of fun with it. There is a classic singleplayer career with a touch of Team management.

There are some Rally games in sale that deliver a classic career up the classes and are very well playable with a pad (wrc10 or ea WRC).

Grid Legends.

Thanks for info guys, and @IfAndOr for the link, i had checked that nice write up by gtplanet, yes , just hoped i had missed something, as I love the historic old tracks, would love more, historic nordschleiffe would been cool, i think it was in gp legends old game.

It seems pretty damn close in content otherwise, to pc2, which is good and bad i guess. Its missing the rallycross tracks too it seems.

But it has those trophy/baja style trucks i find cool hehe.
Sounds seem a little improved, and on replays too, depends on cars i guess.

Ill see i guess, i just re-installed gtsport and pretty amazed by it's qualities, gives me another choice from my usual.

But it has those trophy/baja style trucks i find cool
Plus there's a new stadium track to go with them. Or any other vehicle really.

The sounds aren't too bad. I'm not sure if they are an improvement over PC2 though, some cars are a bit muted, especially using interior views. I think they designed it with external views in mind since they have the better sound and graphics. The internal view graphics are a bit washed out in comparison, it's a bit like they need the windscreen cleaning.🙂

Ruh roh, is that a real problem? I always drive from the interior view.
No, it's not really a problem. I tend to use interior view as well*. There is definitely a difference, and I'm not sure why, but I've probably exaggerated it a little. 😉

*The helmet cam with it's movement - judders, leaning and looking to apex - is really well done in PC3. Certainly adds to the immersion.

No, it's not really a problem. I tend to use interior view as well*. There is definitely a difference, and I'm not sure why, but I've probably exaggerated it a little. 😉

*The helmet cam with it's movement - judders, leaning and looking to apex - is really well done in PC3. Certainly adds to the immersion.
That reminds me of the old shift game, it was immersive, and intense how the feel was conveyed in driver pov, especially crashes.😳

I think even in 3rd person it gave a camera movement to make you feel the crashes etc.

Even going over curbs was exaggerated but it made you feel it, i liked it, at least it was kind of challenging if i remember, and thrilling.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back