PS Network/GT7 Code of Conduct

• Thread starter Tuono_GT
  • 31 comments
South Africa
South Africa
Has anyone experienced the following...

Apparantly, I have "breached the PlayStation Network Code of Conduct" it goes on...

"We have removed certain content uploaded by your account from PlayStation Network". Why? "We determined that this content, uploaded from your account to Gran Turismo 7 on PlayStation Network, breached the Code of Conduct".

I received 2 'breach' emails in 24 hours and a further email after having contacted Support by phone (a ridiculous chat with their support team, who could not tell me anything that I did wrong). So, I sent an email this morning, part of which is below so you can see the lunacy of this situation........

"Please tell me how it is "not possible to advise what specifically caused the breach” in your Terms of Service, yet you send me an email (twice… ) clearly stating that you determined that content uploaded from my account to Gran Turismo 7 on PlayStation Network, breached the code of conduct".

Is this not the biggest load of contradictory rubbish you have heard in years? They accuse me of a breach, yet they can not specify what caused the breach. They actually do not know!

I am lost for words :banghead:

Last edited:
What was your last vehicle wrap?
2nd to last was for Lambo and the latest was for G70 Gr4

IMG_7795.JPG

IMG_7794.JPG

We have removed certain content uploaded by your account from PlayStation Network". Why? "We determined that this content, uploaded from your account to Gran Turismo 7 on PlayStation Network, breached the Code of Conduct".
Check and see what decals / styles are missing from "your content" in showcase and if you remember what they were you will have your answer.
I had uploaded 2 decals and believed that they would be ok, received same type email and my decals were gone...

2nd to last was for Lambo and the latest was for G70 Gr4
You made both of those? Under different usernames, and your second most-recent was two years ago?

Those strikes are for content you uploaded. This could be liveries ("styles") you've created or decals you've added via the uploader.

Check and see what decals / styles are missing from "your content" in showcase and if you remember what they were you will have your answer.
I had uploaded 2 decals and believed that they would be ok, received same type email and my decals were gone...
It makes sense, I was also downloading incredible stickers for the GTS. But I created my own team in GT7, I use the same logo and decals. I saw that the stickers I downloaded in GTS were deleted.

You made both of those? Under different usernames, and your second most-recent was two years ago?

Those strikes are for content you uploaded. This could be liveries ("styles") you've created or decals you've added via the uploader.
I didn't make either and both were very recent.., in the last few weeks.

I got both of those by searching for car specific liveries/styles in GT7, which begs the question as to why they are allowed to still be in GT7 after being uploaded by the creator.

I can't see anything on either of those liveries that would cause offence to anyone.

The most bizarre thing is that they (PS) can not tell me what has caused to breach, so how can I have caused a breach in the first place. If PS want to police this kind of thing properly, they need to provide specifics so the offender can make sure that they don't do it again.

Last edited:
I didn't make either and both were very recent.., in the last few weeks.

I got both of those by searching for car specific liveries/styles in GT7, which begs the question as to why they are allowed to still be in GT7 after being uploaded by the creator.

I can't see anything on either of those liveries that would cause offence to anyone.
I think you've misunderstood... quite a lot.

If neither of those styles is yours (and they aren't), then they are not content that you have uploaded. That means that they clearly are not the problem.

The problem is content that you have uploaded. That means liveries/styles or decals made by you.

I think you've misunderstood... quite a lot.

If neither of those styles is yours (and they aren't), then they are not content that you have uploaded. That means that they clearly are not the problem.

The problem is content that you have uploaded. That means liveries/styles or decals made by you.
Understood. I have never uploaded anything.., never!

I have made a few liveries in game, for my use on my cars, but never uploaded for public consumption. And that was so long ago now, anyway.

I have made a few liveries in game, for my use on my cars, but never uploaded for public consumption.
Have you used them in online races?

Could you link to your public profile on the gran-turismo.com site?

Have you used them in online races?

Yes I have and have done so for over a year.

Not sure what you mean but I have just logged in, no problem

Yes I have and have done so for over a year.
Then they have been uploaded. If there's anything against the code of conduct on them, you may be reported for it.
Not sure what you mean but I have just logged in, no problem
A link is something you provide to other people so that they can click on it. You logging into it yourself doesn't help. Here is a link to my profile:

Then there is your problem. Even if you haven't uploaded a livery, showcasing one that violates the CoC is a no no.
Seriously, there is absolutely nothing on my liveries that could violate anything or anyone... just a very simple style

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240531145324.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240531145310.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240531144121.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240531144105.jpg

Then they have been uploaded. If there's anything against the code of conduct on them, you may be reported for it.

A link is something you provide to other people so that they can click on it. You logging into it yourself doesn't help. Here is a link to my profile:

I haven't given anyone a link to my profile. Were you asking for mine?

Sure, but they removed your livery, no?
No liveries have been removed

Has anyone experienced the following...

Apparantly, I have "breached the PlayStation Network Code of Conduct" it goes on...

"We have removed certain content uploaded by your account from PlayStation Network". Why? "We determined that this content, uploaded from your account to Gran Turismo 7 on PlayStation Network, breached the Code of Conduct".

I received 2 'breach' emails in 24 hours and a further email after having contacted Support by phone (a ridiculous chat with their support team, who could not tell me anything that I did wrong). So, I sent an email this morning, part of which is below so you can see the lunacy of this situation........

"Please tell me how it is "not possible to advise what specifically caused the breach” in your Terms of Service, yet you send me an email (twice… ) clearly stating that you determined that content uploaded from my account to Gran Turismo 7 on PlayStation Network, breached the code of conduct".

Is this not the biggest load of contradictory rubbish you have heard in years? They accuse me of a breach, yet they can not specify what caused the breach. They actually do not know!

I am lost for words :banghead:
I know there's been a purge on Dewalt liveries and decals in the game. I got the same warning e-mail yesterday and I've noticed any Dewalt liveries/decals I've made in the past have been unshared from the game without me knowing, although I still have them in my library. 🤷‍♂️

I had to ping this thread but that's because i also received an email today regarding me "uploading offensive materials" to GT7 despite not playing it for months. This is the 3rd/4th time that it happened to me since 2022.

The thing is, i couldn't find out what it was deleted this time. I knew that in GT Sport, my decals (mainly Arabian number plates) were being deleted randomly for absolutely no reason whatsoever and it instead shows a ⚠️ thumbnail. GT7 seems to just straight out removes entirely.

My friend got recently banned for uploading a meme to GT7 and another one got banned for making a slightly offensive comment to a dirty driver in a daily race.

Trying not to sound all 'tin hatty' or such, but Playstation has turned around on us 'extremist' gamers in their path to wokeism. Therefore they feel it's justified to transcript, log and (AI-)analyze everything you say, write or do on their network. You could even be getting a warning email for saying a stupid joke to your friends during a party or such. It's your right to think I'm saying cuckoo crap, but just look for it on YouTube or the internet in general. Even EU is making laws to obligate this crap and probably the US will follow.

A lot of those things came out recently with Kabrutus and that SBI crap that has been ruining our beloved games for a while now. Politics and their propaganda don't belong in games. Don't get me wrong I believe in ethical principles, but the goal does not justify the means and the liberty for a person to have the freedom of speech and thought to a broad extent is primary for me.

Are we at least free to upload and use decals, that some ppl may find offensive, just for our own, without sharing those decals or liveries? Or could that also already be a problem?

Are we at least free to upload and use decals, that some ppl may find offensive, just for our own, without sharing those decals or liveries? Or could that also already be a problem?
My friend that got a ban for his meme did just that, didn't share his decal nor his livery. We suspect a driver from a daily race reported him. If you only use the livery exclusively in private lobbies with friends that don't report you, it seems it's no problem and if you really would want to share a decal you think somebody will find offensive, there are ways to do that without it being clear to anybody that sees the decals.

the liberty for a person to have the freedom of speech and thought to a broad extent is primary for me
PlayStation Network is not a government entity. You have as much freedom of expression while using its private, opt-in service as you are given by the code of conduct to which you agree in order to use it - and it is justified for the provider to observe what you're doing in order to ensure that you don't break it. "Wokeism", whatever the hell that is, doesn't enter into it.

Like GTPlanet and our ToS/AUP, it's what you agree to in order to use it, and you cannot be surprised that you face consequences when you break the agreement you made.

Not specifying what the offense was is extremely counter intuitive. My only suggestion is to see if you can use local data exemption laws to request specifics for the intent of detecting and preventing a criminal offense.

Not sure it'll work, the other option is litigation for potential libel... if you have deep pockets and choose that hill to expire on

PlayStation Network is not a government entity. You have as much freedom of expression while using its private, opt-in service as you are given by the code of conduct to which you agree in order to use it - and it is justified for the provider to observe what you're doing in order to ensure that you don't break it. "Wokeism", whatever the hell that is, doesn't enter into it.

Like GTPlanet and our ToS/AUP, it's what you agree to in order to use it, and you cannot be surprised that you face consequences when you break the agreement you made.
I totally agree with you, it is their platform and they choose how to rule it. It's just that PSN has changed their stance on several things the past half decade or so and it's only getting more 'extreme'.

People can decide on their own whether it's a good thing or not.

Back