PS3 and PS2 use same AV cable?

• Thread starter nickmp0wer
  • 11 comments
im pretty sure you can use your PS2 cables(but power) and the media player is pretty good, but you can't listen and play a game at the same time:(

What Godzilla said but I think and am hoping that they are going to put playing your own music in games in a fermware download or they should at least.

yea they should be adding it soon, along with the option of changing the text colour(default it is white).

Adding your own music to a game's soundtrack has been available in the PS3 firmware since it launched. It is up to developers to add that functionality to their games.

I have a feeling that the PS3 AV cable is slightly updated (may use better metal) because when I tried it against the PS2 one it looked abit better but yes they are compatable...

The media player is ok if not abit on the lite side... but its effects are quite calming!

Robin

The PS3 comes with composite cables. All of your PS2 and PSX cables will work with the PS3. Component supports up to 1080p.

Do component cables transmit with better quality than the standard composite cable when hooked to a regular TV? I'm planning on getting a PS3 sometime this year and I want to get everything straightened out before I buy it. I wanna be playing that night! The only thing I'll be missing is an HDTV, which is the best part.

HDMI > Component > S-Video > Composite

Pick the first one starting from the left that your display supports. 👍

Back