PS3 FAT to PS3 slim (GT5) data transfer walkthrough

• Thread starter jeep2008
  • 1 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greece
Greece
jeeptj2008
My FAT stopped loading any game 2 days ago,it just shows the spinning-loading icon in the right-upper corner and nothing is loading up but fortunately i can access the menu.I decided,before sending my FAT to service, to buy a 320GB slim and transfer all my data to it.What I'm most interested in transferring of course is my 4 psn accounts with all their GT5 game data,all my cars, all my progress ,all my friends...you get the idea :) In the end i want to be exactly how i was in my old PS3 FAT.
So far i did the following:

1)Save the 4 psn accounts GT5 games to 4 external usb devices.

2)Back up all my PS3 data to an external hard drive.It took almost 1 1/2 hours to finish.

3)Wrote down my 4 psn accounts emails and passwords so i can activate them in my new PS3 slim.

4)Synchronized my trophies for all my accounts with the PlayStation Network server.

I have the following questions ,that are answered somewhere, in some other similar thread,i just want to have everything needed in here, in case someone in the future wants to use this walkthrough:

1)GT5 game data was copy protected.Did they patched this up in a previous update?

2)When my PS3 slim arrives should i just connect it to my FAT using an ethernet cable and perform the transfer data utility as per http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/support/network/detail/item250047/Use-the-data-transfer-utility/ ?Or should i connect it first to Internet and let it find the latest version?

3)I have downloaded the Stealth cars cause i had the Signature Edition GT5 game.Will these be transfered to my new PS3 slim?

4)Do i have to create a PlayStation Network account in the PS3 slim before performing the data transfer operation?It says something like that here:

Please note that the following restrictions apply if you perform the data transfer operation without creating a PlayStation Network account:

* You may not be able to use the saved data on the destination PS3 system.
* You may no longer be able to earn Trophies using the saved data that you transferred.
* Trophy information is not transferred.

from here http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/support/network/detail/item250047/Use-the-data-transfer-utility/

Thanks for all your help in perfecting this walkthrough.I'll update the OP when I'm done transferring everything and all is safe and functional,hopefully next Monday 28/3 .

Last edited:
GT5 Q&A. You've already posted this in the right place and it does not belong here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back