PS3 HDD Stalling

United States
Wichita, Kansas
Kung_Pao_Chicken
Hello there, I've ran into this problem that has given me a headache for days. I am currently trying to install the updates on Gran Turismo 6 on my PS3 Slim. I've searched up all kinds of remedies but none of them work. So I have...

downloaded and installed GT6 updates 1.01 through 1.13 and then when I get into the game, the has to install in game once again and the HDD indicator light will flash, and then about 10 minutes later stop flashing and then the timer will start to increase..

I have then deleted the game data and installed them separately a few by a few. But when I get to update 1.07 it will download and install, then I start the game for it to install in game and the HDD light will blink for about 10 minutes, then stop completely and the timer for will begin to rise once again.

I've swapped out the HDD for a 2nd HDD from a older ps3 and the same thing occurs. Please help anyone if you have ever experienced your PS3 HDD light stop blinking during a internal installation of a game.

Not sure if it refers to this exact problem, but once they recommended players to accept the in game updates as quickly as possible. They said it has to be done in less than two seconds if I'm not mistaken.

Apart from that you could check if your PS3 has unrestricted access to the internet. There is no real danger in having "too many" ports open or to even put a console into a DMZ.

Although from experience I can tell you that 10min will not be enough, even if does work. If I remember right, the last bigger update alone took more than 10 minutes and yes, I am talking about the in game updates. Also sometimes the download seems to get stuck and the time starts to increase dramatically as a result.
What was the longest time you waited?

I updated to 1.13 last weekend and it took 3 to 4 hours(download + install) even though my connection is 90mbit, so you have to be very patient.
I didn't pay any attention to the hdd led so I wouldn't know if it showed any activity or not.

Must say that I don't remember which version I had, but haven't played GT6 for quite some time, I think I was at version 1.07.

Last edited:
Back