[PS4] MONDAYS: Aston Martin DBR1/300 1959 - 20:30-21:30BST - Season 2 - Champion SimbaloraFinished 

In an attempt to repair my G27 I managed to actually fix what was broken, but broke something else in the process :D . Any way it sort of works so I'm happy to announce I'm back in the seat. Cheers.

Good to have you back Flaco - question is can you beat your Dad? You have trained him well - he now seems almost unbeatable! Amazing - it only seems like yesterday when you told me he was a beginner and wanted to start racing!

LeMans DBR 300.jpg

This time I was faster than my son but we´ll see what the future brings.

No, I was lucky to have no incedents except one time penalty.

See you all at Spa Francorchamps next week

So long

Thanks Sick looks good in the poster.

Skip I watched the replay at Imola, Al hit me very hard in the side of the car and rolled over few times. Boot lid came off, some over pieces, pitted after a lap.
Boot was repaired, still marks on paint, car drove better.

Good to have you back Flaco - question is can you beat your Dad? You have trained him well - he now seems almost unbeatable! Amazing - it only seems like yesterday when you told me he was a beginner and wanted to start racing!
All I can respond to this is: I've got some Hardware issues, and had some motivational ones aswell, but since reading your post, I'm motivated again and up for the challenge! Once my Hardware issues are solved, I'm comin at ya Dad!!! :D

On a serious note, I'm not that surprised my Dad got so fast in such a short amount of time, he's an engineer, a car nut and much more of a perfectionist I would ever be, and he's talented. Only I think I am actually more talented and skilled but what I lack the most is Motivation and Training. Well, but like my Dad said:
we´ll see what the future brings.

trade that X-Box and get a proper console!
I'd have some explaining to do to my friend who it belongs to! I'll tell him to speak to you. :D

Since Pcars is also available for the Xbox it's a shame that there isn't any online cross platform compatibility. Same goes for wheels as well.

Getting my wheel picked up tomorrow.:D
Tried the Aston Martin with controller at Spa, did a couple of laps feels odd, compered to GT. Other game Ride 2 feels ok, so its not the controllers, maybe they get that sorted for PC2.

I think Harsk would have a hard time with PC, ace with controller:(

Sick must have stalled at the start with no where else to go in hit him ,think damage to my car coz I was getting caught on the straight's..
Trying to pass i bumped BB so apologies m8
Then yes I quit the race.. :(

Sick must have stalled at the start with no where else to go in hit him ,think damage to my car coz I was getting caught on the straight's..
Trying to pass i bumped BB so apologies m8
Then yes I quit the race.. :(

Apologies for being slow off the line - completely unintentional. I qualified 3rd and got away 4th. I think some people have learnt how to anticipate the start - I presume Project Cars uses a set countdown to green - GT6 used a random time interval which I much preferred and I was normally one of the first to react, but I have been finding the starts very difficult to judge in Project cars.

The race itself was great - PaulBee got by and pulled away then I had a great battle with Tigerpaw. He was faster over much of the lap and kept passing, but I could regain the place at the chicane - he was running wide and by getting a better exit onto the straight I was able to overtake before the tight right hander onto the start finish straight. On the last lap he pulled a gap and I realised I wouldn't be able to get past exiting the chicane, but I did make up time and was amazed to get by on the exit to the final corner - a very exciting conclusion to a heart thumpingly exciting race!

Championship points table to follow ...

Last edited:
Yes, it was excellent racing Sick, thank you for the fight which kept going and going and going and... for a handful of laps. Yes, that bloody chicane, haha. But i cant believe i lost it in the final corner, sloppy when i only had to do one thing: brake early, which i didnt.

Btw, im still having some issues with "loss of power" which in reality means that my brakepedal applies brake (i see that on pcars dash) while turning is impossible. This can happen after downshifts or when accellerating coming out of slow corners. I've opened the pedal set and cleaned the interior/contacts etc with little effect so far.
I"ll buy a new set anyday now.

Anyway, looking forward to wednesday's race.
See you guys then!

Have you tried adding a little bit of brake dead zone in settings ?
I have a issue with brake pedal ps3 shows it up think it might be slight compression of the spring so it's not returning all the way !
Yes, it was excellent racing Sick, thank you for the fight which kept going and going and going and... for a handful of laps. Yes, that bloody chicane, haha. But i cant believe i lost it in the final corner, sloppy when i only had to do one thing: brake early, which i didnt.

Btw, im still having some issues with "loss of power" which in reality means that my brakepedal applies brake (i see that on pcars dash) while turning is impossible. This can happen after downshifts or when accellerating coming out of slow corners. I've opened the pedal set and cleaned the interior/contacts etc with little effect so far.
I"ll buy a new set anyday now.

Anyway, looking forward to wednesday's race.
See you guys then!

I'm looking forward to the Formula Ford race today, but for some reason I get a lot of missed shifts in this car - lots of practise at the weekend in the Lotus 40 (just for fun) - no missed shifts! A little practise in the Lotus 51 Formula Ford and missed shifts nearly every lap - for some reason my car often shifts from 2nd to 4th! I think I have one of the earliest cars with a Renault gearbox - later cars had a much better (and more expensive) Hewland gearbox.

View attachment 640775

Had a rather short race this time, but it´s ok, sometimes such things happen. Hope the next race will be better.
Cheers, til next week.

Hi Andreas - If these are the results for the Lotus Type 51 race please post in the other thread.

Yes - a great shame about the problems this evening - there is no point having tracks in the game if they cannot be raced on - based on our experience Silverstone Classic is sadly not a fully functioning track. I am sure next week will be much better! - I certainly hope so!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-20-30-21-30bst-round-1-apr-12th-2017.354409/

I have not recieved my new pedals yet and i've decided to take a break until they arrives as the problem with my current pedals seem to escalate. Hopefully they get here before wednesdays race.

Good luck in todays race everybody!

I don't have this track, so if someone would be so kind as to invite me to a test room when I get online, it would be much appreciated. Should feel like blasting round the back roads near me hopefully :)

Hopefully I'll be online early so will send you an invite then. The track is so good it's almost worth buying the GOTY Edition just for the track!

I'm still without a wheel:(

I have not recieved my new pedals yet and i've decided to take a break until they arrives as the problem with my current pedals seem to escalate. Hopefully they get here before wednesdays race.

Good luck with the wheels and pedals guys - hopefully you'll be back on track again soon!

Round 3 from Bannochbrae

What a great track! And perfectly suited to the Aston Martin DBR1! It was easy to imagine that I was Jim Clark's mechanic sneaking a test ride in the famous "Border Reivers" team Aston Martin.

Fine driving by Father and Son team SimbLora and Flaco for first and second. I had a lonely race in third - at one point Flaco had a mishap and I closed to within five seconds, but then he regained his form and pulled away. Paulbee had more pace than me, but I presume he suffered damage as after a while, despite running some relatively slow laps I didn't see him in the mirrors. Skip got disconnected during the final lap so I have credited him with the fifth place that he was holding prior to the DC. Buybon retired or sufferrred a DC early.

Round 3 Points.jpg

Back