Qiantu K50 Event 2015

• Thread starter StarLight
  • 12 comments
Portugal
Portugal
vd1xj4.jpg

StarLight Garage presents the first Chinese Supercars who it's not copied although the car is influenced by the Bugatti shape, anyway it's a nice looking car, only the name is not really super, anyway here is the Qiantu K50 Event 2015 ... presented at the Shanghai Auto Show.

De emblem of the make will give a lot of talk too, I it's illustrates a dragonfly but I see another symbolic meaning ... Jesus Christ crucified (no offense at all just a what I see) since the logo was not available so I made myself one.

2ew2q20.jpg

The Qiantu K50 Event has a modern front end and sophisticated, the side profile is unique but nonetheless appealing, and a big wing on the back lays claim to its sporty character.

Power comes from an electric motor producing 408 horsepower, and 0-62 mph is estimated in just 5.0 seconds. Power goes straight to the rear wheels, there’s carbon fiber aplenty, and on a single charge, the K50 will last up to 124 miles (200 km).

I wonder how fast it will be, top speed is unknown at the moment so Ferrari, McLaren or Lamborghini don't have to be afraid ... not yet. And what about Tesla ... that would also to fast for the Qiantu too.

It actually sounds pretty promising, and with a starting price of ¥700,000 ($113,000), it’s reasonably priced. Though, considering it does come from China, we’ll have to wait and see if those claims actually hold true in the real world.

For the moment their marketing slogan must be: Looks like a Bugatti and drives like a Tesla.
Now serious, we all know the jokes about Chinese cars but that is more a kind of been afraid for the Chinese because one day they will for sure conquer the automotive world like other makes worldwide.

Speaking for myself, the car is certainly not ugly and I like it, special the front and rear are nice done.

To be continued ...

212tudy.jpg

2wdy6pj.jpg

2z8n3aw.jpg

14y8w8.jpg

mv2cgm.jpg

2e3u2as.jpg

Last edited:
A super car from the Philippines? Ok. A super car from Finland? Ok. A super car from China? Uhhhh.

Man, it's hard to trust the Chinese automotive manufacturers when great part of them offer poorly crafted products that have usually their design stolen from other companies like Mercedes and Land Rover. We will have to wait and see on this one, I'll give it a vote but I may remove it if I see fit.

@DSX8

....Was that really necessary? :confused:

It's hard to understand your animosity to a certain GTP member. No matter what kind of infraction he/she might have caused, there's no need to be like that, dude.
I mean, if you like the car, then, well, you "like" the car, no matter who posts it, isn't it?
I bet @DSX8 have his own reasons for not liking any of Starlight's posts. I for example am not giving a single like to them too as Starlight already have a number of friends that always boosts and bumps his threads, this should even things out.

Sorry for the off-topic, people. But I just had to say it.

....Whooooo, boy, did I start something here by accident?

{Maybe I should escape before I get buried under a ton of abuse....} :(

Can we keep it about the cars and not the persons posting them? Just judge the cars and posts on merits and stop this disagreement about who receives likes and who doesn't. If you don't receive the amount of likes you would like, that doesn't mean it's a bad suggestion, just that other people don't agree with your suggestion.

Back