quattro! - SFGTP4: Results, Photos & general discussion thread.

Smallhorses

Staff Emeritus
quattro! - SFGTP4 Day 1 photos.

picture.php

dscn2134zb4.jpg

juana b. - Arrives with the first race of the day already won... "Fat Tire" & Cigar in hand at 9:20AM, the "Earliest Beer Of The Day Award" is retained by the undisputed SFGTP champion in this discipline!
And look! :eek: That's real California rain behind him! Something we've never encountered at an SFGTP before! It makes the whole idea of spending a weekend locked in someone's garage that bit more acceptable! :)

dscn2135gn3.jpg

The setup gets underway, EDK's G25 cockpit & TV dominating the scene as a rat's-nest of cables look for somewhere to hookup!

dscn2136jc8.jpg

jmgyro arrives and appears to be taking EDK's "...pursuit of Hoppiness!" T-shirt quite literally!
Wrong sort of hops Jack! :P

dscn2137so2.jpg

raz_10 & ceiling_fan (reclining in the undefeated winner of the MCFPCOTW award for the 3rd event running!) tackle the first race of the day as Vaxen & (some-of) Jump_Ace look on.

dscn2138ek2.jpg

The other participants in the first race, shortly before the first bend. How can we know this? None of them appear to be cursing yet! :lol:
EDK, DaveS1138, alrivers & juana b. from front to back respectively.

dscn2139gd0.jpg

The "Peanut Gallery" for race 1, not so much heckling as looking like "men condemned"
tombstone.gif
, while they watch the first 6 racers tackle the Audi Pike's Peak quattro '03.
From L to R: Vaxen, Jump_Ace, jmgyro & Kylehnat.

dscn2140rg1.jpg

Sealed cozily into the garage from the torrential rain outside, the racers return from lunch and tackle the Clio Endurance race at Opera Paris Reverse.
Kyle & the 2 Davids take their turns to drive, while Jerome, Jack, Kevin & Ricardo offer advice, and are seemingly too polite to take a seat in the Pink Chair!
tophat.gif

dscn2141gg0.jpg

alrivers & juana b. take their Clios on into the 2nd stint in Paris, holding 2nd & 3rd places respectively.

dscn2142rk0.jpg

"The Battle of the Davids" enters it's first round in Paris. DaveS1138 doing remarkably well to cope with zero hours of sleep on Friday night, followed by 5 1/2 hours of flying, before the rest of us had even woken up, and a swift taxi ride to the venue! :eek:

Last edited:
quattro! - SFGTP4 Day 2 photos.

dscn2143lm5.jpg

Pick'n'Mix Day begins with FF Coupes and moves onto Supercars after lunch, which DaveS1138 & jmgyro hurl around SSR5.
Jump_Ace watches from the infamous pink chair.

dscn2144dv9.jpg

alrivers leads the SSR5 race in his Saleen while ceiling_fan pits in at the end of his 3rd lap pronouncing his Saleen "undrivable!" after a 1st lap spin. :(

dscn2145kc9.jpg

Kylehnat & raz_10 give their own unique verdict on the Saleen! :lol:

dscn2146nf2.jpg

The results of the SSR5 race a correlated and tabulated in the vague hope that they'll mean something to anyone!
Smallhorses, Jump_Ace, EDK & Vaxen are clearly amused by something, while jmgyro & Kylehnat watch the replay to see ceiling_fan's spin!

dscn2147ls3.jpg

alrivers basks in his Supercar moment of glory as the final results reveal him as the overall winner. 👍
Meanwhile, Vaxen makes a bee-line for the pole-position seat for the start of the next series.

dscn2148gj4.jpg

We can't remember what exactly it was that EDK was owning up to here, but he seems pretty pleased about it! :)

dscn2149sx7.jpg

"Have I won anything? Nah, I suck! I organise these things and I suck!" :dopey:
From the "Quotes Of The Day Board" in response to itgirlxx's question!

dscn2150xu7.jpg

Warning! jmgyro is charging his LAZOR vision! :scared:

dscn2151ps8.jpg

EDK & Kylehnat prepare for the first of the 90s Rally Car races.
Smallhorses tries hard not to laugh about the fact that he's locked EDK's headphones into "Jazz FM"!

dscn2152bd6.jpg

DaveS1138 shows off his new "cloaking device" while Vaxen's "Look, no hands while shifting!" approach draws gasps from the "Peanut Gallery"! :crazy:
jmgyro & ceiling_fan patiently ignore our silliness and await the actual start of the next race!

dscn2154qb0.jpg

Smallhorses is taken by surprise at how quickly the Lancia goes, and stops in New York!
bigeyes.gif

dscn2156hc2.jpg

Alas, all good things must come to an end, (rather hurriedly in this case since Jump_Ace & DaveS1138 had planes to catch! :nervous:) and the dismantling procedure begins, which is considerably quicker than the setup! :sly:

quattro! - SFGTP4: Day 1 results.​

With all the day's victims, er, I mean racers assembled, the first event of the day was announced.
"The Soccer Mom Shootout" pits 5 SUV-type things against each other in the handicap style that SFGTP regulars are becoming familiar with.
More suited to the school-run than the racetrack these 4WD leviathons are greeted with indifference :indiff: and trepidation :nervous:.
6 drivers at a time take to a random selection of tracks, plucked as ever from Famine's Random Track Generator (RTG), and the results determine the lineup for the next race, 1st place sits off, dropping down 2 vehicles, 2nd place sits off dropping down 1 vehicle, 3rd & 4th sit off but retain the same car. 5th & 6th place stay on and the 4 sidelined racers from the previous race get to come on and join them.

(Lap numbers are in brackets after track name and were reduced after race 1 for sanity, tyre-wear and race length's sake. :sly:)

Race 1: Trial Mountain (6)
1st alrivers Audi Pike's Peak quattro '03
2nd juana b. Audi Pike's Peak quattro '03
3rd EDK Audi Pike's Peak quattro '03
4th raz_10 Audi Pike's Peak quattro '03
5th Kylehnat Audi Pike's Peak quattro '03
6th ceiling_fan Audi Pike's Peak quattro '03

Race 2: Suzuka (4)
1st Jump_Ace Audi Pike's Peak quattro '03
2nd jmgyro Audi Pike's Peak quattro '03
3rd Kylehnat Audi Pike's Peak quattro '03
4th Smallhorses Audi Pike's Peak quattro '03
5th ceiling_fan Audi Pike's Peak quattro '03
6th DaveS1138 Audi Pike's Peak quattro '03

Race 3: Hong Kong (5)
1st raz_10 Audi Pike's Peak quattro '03
2nd juana b. Toyota RSC '01
3rd alrivers Infiniti FX45 Concept '02
4th DaveS1138 Audi Pike's Peak quattro '03
6th EDK Audi Pike's Peak quattro '03

This was a funny race in a kind of Schadenfreude sort of way. Somehow the green component part of the video signal lead on Kevin's racing station had worked loose. This meant driving around what should've been a dark Hong Kong track which was now illuminated in a sort of eerie yellow glow, and worse still, as he realised after a couple of accidents, couldn't actually see anyone else's brake lights coming on clearly! Being the good natured soul that he is (it's worth noting he'd got a beer on the go by this point, and that's always a guarantee of a happy Kevin!) he chalked it up to "experience" and calmly refitted the green colour lead ready for the next race. A somewhat unusual extra handicap!

Race 4: Seattle Reverse (4)
1st Smallhorses Audi Pike's Peak quattro '03
2nd Kylehnat Audi Pike's Peak quattro '03
3rd EDK Audi Pike's Peak quattro '03
4th jmgyro Toyota RSC '01
6th Jump_Ace Infiniti FX45 Concept '02

Race 5: Nurburgring (1)
1st alrivers Infiniti FX45 Concept '02
2nd Jump_Ace Infiniti FX45 Concept '02
3rd juana b. Infiniti FX45 Concept '02
4th raz_10 Infiniti FX45 Concept '02
6th DaveS1138 Audi Pike's Peak quattro '03

Race 6: Tsukuba (5)
1st EDK Audi Pike's Peak quattro '03
2nd DaveS1138 Audi Pike's Peak quattro '03
3rd Kylehnat Toyota RSC '01
4th jmgyro Toyota RSC '01
5th Smallhorses Infiniti FX45 Concept '02
6th ceiling_fan Audi Pike's Peak quattro '03

Race 7: GVS Reverse (3)
1st raz_10 Infiniti FX45 Concept '02
2nd ceiling_fan Audi Pike's Peak quattro '03
3rd Smallhorses Infiniti FX45 Concept '02
4th juana b. Infiniti FX45 Concept '02
5th Jump_Ace Mazda MX-Crossport '05
6th alrivers Land Rover Range Stormer '04

raz_10 and I had a good battle during race 7, I would've taken the lead had the finish line been a bit further down the track. ;) I'm also going to completely ignore the fact that I was in a much faster car :D

Race 8: Twin Ring Motegi Road (3)
1st jmgyro Toyota RSC '01
2nd Kylehnat Toyota RSC '01
3rd DaveS1138 Toyota RSC '01
4th Jump_Ace Mazda MX-Crossport '05
5th EDK Infiniti FX45 Concept '02
6th alrivers Land Rover Range Stormer '04

Race 9: Tokyo R246 Reverse (3)
1st juana b. Infiniti FX45 Concept '02
2nd Smallhorses Infiniti FX45 Concept '02
3rd EDK Infiniti FX45 Concept '02
4th ceiling_fan Toyota RSC '01
5th alrivers Land Rover Range Stormer '04
6th raz_10 Land Rover Range Stormer '04

Race 10: El Capitan (3)
1st Kylehnat Infiniti FX45 Concept '02
2nd Jump_Ace Mazda MX-Crossport '05
3rd jmgyro Mazda MX-Crossport '05
4th alrivers Land Rover Range Stormer '04
5th DaveS1138 Toyota RSC '01
6th raz_10 Land Rover Range Stormer '04

Race 11: New York (3)
1st EDK Infiniti FX45 Concept '02
2nd DaveS1138 Toyota RSC '01
3rd ceiling_fan Toyota RSC '01
4th raz_10 Land Rover Range Stormer '04
5th juana b. Land Rover Range Stormer '04
6th Smallhorses Mazda MX-Crossport '05

I dread this track at the LAN's because ye olde P-S2's degrade the quality across the network which makes the turns and braking points all but clear. I had a close race with Dave the whole way and on the last lap (he was in second, myself third) he hit the wall on one of the 90 degree turns before Columbus Circle, but instead of using this opportunity to take second... I followed him right into it :ouch:

Race 12: Infineon Stock Car (4)
1st Smallhorses Mazda MX-Crossport '05
2nd Jump_Ace Land Rover Range Stormer '04
3rd alrivers Land Rover Range Stormer '04
4th jmgyro Mazda MX-Crossport '05
5th Kylehnat Land Rover Range Stormer '04
6th juana b. Land Rover Range Stormer '04

Race 13: Clubman Stage 5 (4)
1st DaveS1138 Infiniti FX45 Concept '02
2nd ceiling_fan Toyota RSC '01
3rd juana b. Land Rover Range Stormer '04
4th Kylehnat Land Rover Range Stormer '04
5th raz_10 Land Rover Range Stormer '04
6th EDK Land Rover Range Stormer '04

I had about a 5 second lead at the beginning of the 3rd lap (being in a faster car helps) when I managed to spin inside the tunnel :banghead: I recovered pretty quickly but the damage was done. :grumpy: :P

Race 14: Deep Forest (4)
1st jmgyro Mazda MX-Crossport '05
2nd alrivers Land Rover Range Stormer '04
3rd raz_10 Land Rover Range Stormer '04
4th Smallhorses Land Rover Range Stormer '04
5th EDK Land Rover Range Stormer '04
6th Jump_Ace Land Rover Range Stormer '04

Race 15: Opera Paris Reverse (4)
1st Jump_Ace Land Rover Range Stormer '04
2nd juana b. Land Rover Range Stormer '04
3rd EDK Land Rover Range Stormer '04
4th Kylehnat Land Rover Range Stormer '04
5th DaveS1138 Land Rover Range Stormer '04
6th ceiling_fan Infiniti FX45 Concept '02

Audi Pike's Peak quattro '03 All drivers.
Toyota RSC '01 juana b., jmgyro, Kylehnat, DaveS1138, ceiling_fan
Infiniti FX45 Concept '02 alrivers, Jump_Ace, raz_10, juana b., Smallhorses, EDK, Kylehnat, DaveS1138, ceiling_fan
Mazda MX-Crossport '05 Jump_Ace, jmgyro, Smallhorses
Land Rover Range Stormer '04 alrivers, raz_10, juana b., Kylehnat, Jump_Ace, EDK, Smallhorses, DaveS1138, jmgyro

Winner!: Jump_Ace
goldmedal.gif

OK my guilty little secret is that I actually liked the SUV races and not because its the only series that I managed to win a race in. Handicaping the better drivers made the races more and more competitive as the races went on and it was fun watching people learning how to drive a tank around the high speed ring!

At this point, being as it was already approaching 2:30PM and growling stomachs galore we're announcing themselves, a swift sojourn to the Public Market for lunch occurred. Normally a pleasant walk away, the torrential rain sees several cars depart to keep the racers dry.

Pleasantly filled and contented the racers returned to run the qualifiers for the eagerly anticipated next event.
"The Renault Clio Cup Car Endurance" sees us randomly select a couple of qualifying combos from those provided by the guests.
Cumulative times from the 2 qualifying time trials are ranked 1 - 10 and then the drivers are paired off. 1 with 10, 2 with 9, 3 with 8 and so on until we have 5 endurance teams. Drivers take turns to drive race legs, swapping positions at the helm at each pitstop.

This time, our complete selection of possible qualifier races are:
Code:
GTP User Name:  Car (Make/Model/Year):	                   Track:	       Tyres:
[COLOR=black]jmgyro[/COLOR]	        Caterham Seven Fire Blade '02	          Motorland	        SS
[COLOR=black]jmgyro[/COLOR]	        Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C1) '54	  Cote D'Azur	        SS
[COLOR=black]Jump_Ace[/COLOR]	Pagani Zonda C12S '00	                  Hong Kong 	        SH
[COLOR=black]Jump_Ace[/COLOR]	Ford GT40 Race Car '69	                  Deep Forest	        RH
[COLOR=black]Smallhorses[/COLOR]	Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car '98	          Infineon Stock	SM
[COLOR=black]Smallhorses[/COLOR]	Chaparral 2D Race Car '67	          Seattle Reverse	RSS
[COLOR=black]DaveS1138[/COLOR]	Aston Martin Vanquish '04	          Laguna Seca	        SM
[COLOR=black]DaveS1138[/COLOR]	Toyota Wedsport Celica (JGTC) '03	  Trial Mountain	RM
[COLOR=black]EDK[/COLOR]	        Amuse S2000 GT1 '04	                  Midfield	        SS
[COLOR=black]EDK[/COLOR]	        Renault Clio Sport V6 24V '00	          Infineon Sports	SS
[COLOR=black]ceiling_fan[/COLOR]	Spoon S2000 Race Car	                  Opera Paris 	        RSS
[COLOR=black]ceiling_fan[/COLOR]	Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car '98	          Grand Valley East	SS
[COLOR=black]Kylehnat[/COLOR]	BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01	                  Twin Ring Road Course	RH
[COLOR=black]Kylehnat[/COLOR]	Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '03	          Apricot Hill	        SS
[COLOR=black]juana b.[/COLOR]	Formula Gran Turismo '04	          Tsukuba Wet	        RSS
[COLOR=black]juana b.[/COLOR]	Audi R8 Race Car '01	                  Tsukuba Wet	        RSS
[COLOR=black]raz_10[/COLOR]	        Toyota SuperAutobacs Apex MR-S (JGTC) '00 Motorland	       RM/RH
[COLOR=black]raz_10[/COLOR]	        Amuse S2000 R1 '04	                  Suzuka East	        SM
[COLOR=black]alrivers[/COLOR]	TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00	                  Citta Di Aria	        N3
[COLOR=black]alrivers[/COLOR]	BMW M3 '04	                          George Paris	        N3

With a little EXCEL wizadry from itgirlxx the random race selector picks 2 races, and leaves us with the following combos to go at, best of 5 laps in Time Trial laps:

Q1 Kylehnat BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01 Twin Ring Road Course RH
Q2 jmgyro Caterham Seven Fire Blade '02 Motorland SS

Code:
Name:	        Q1 time:	Q2 time:	Total:          Rank:
[COLOR=black]jmgyro[/COLOR]	        1'47.938	0'43.504	2'31.442	1
[COLOR=black]Jump_Ace[/COLOR]	1'48.342	0'44.017	2'32.359	2
[COLOR=black]Kylehnat[/COLOR]	1'49.194	0'44.451	2'33.645	3
[COLOR=black]Smallhorses[/COLOR]	1'48.122	0'45.573	2'33.695	4
[COLOR=black]raz_10[/COLOR]	        1'49.863	0'45.720	2'35.583	5
[COLOR=black]juana b.[/COLOR]	1'50.159	0'45.849	2'36.008	6
[COLOR=black]alrivers[/COLOR]	1'50.790	0'45.933	2'36.723	7
[COLOR=black]EDK[/COLOR]	        1'51.082	0'45.668	2'36.750	8
[COLOR=black]DaveS1138[/COLOR]	1'53.612	0'50.285	2'43.897	9
[COLOR=black]ceiling_fan[/COLOR]	1'55.141	0'48.837	2'43.978	10

Teams assembled, the network is reset to 5 stations, and the track is announced: Opera Paris Reverse 49 Laps (set to 50, but allows all teams to finish)

Result:

1st EDK/Kylehnat
goldmedal.gif

2nd alrivers/Smallhorses
silvermedal.gif

3rd juana b./raz_10
bronzemedal.gif

4th DaveS1138/Jump_Ace
5th jmgyro/ceiling_fan

With the shorter handicap series, the day looked to be finishing earlier, and thus it was decided to run some random spot races, using cars from the unselected list of endurance qualifiers, with the continuing track selection from the RTG.
With the network set with 5 stations still, this conveniently meant 2 races of 5 racers each, for each combo. Nothing is at stake, no prizes, points or penalties, just the sheer unadulterated joy of LAN racing with 4 other people that drive a little less predictably than the AI! :D

Drivers randomly selected numbers from 1 - 10, and were arranged from 1 - 5 for the first race, 6 - 10 for the second.
We then took:
1st - 3rd from Race 1 with 4th & 5th from Race 2 to give our Race 3 lineup.
1st - 3rd from Race 2 with 4th & 5th from Race 1 to give our Race 4 lineup.
1st - 3rd from Race 3 with 4th & 5th from Race 4 to give our Race 5 lineup.
1st - 3rd from Race 4 with 4th & 5th from Race 3 to give our Race 6 lineup.

Race 1:
La Sarthe II (2)
Ford GT40 Race Car '69 RH Tyres

1st jmgyro
2nd EDK
3rd DaveS1138
4th juana b.
5th ceiling_fan

"I'm in Baghdad!" - This was said a few times during the racing, but the first was at Le Sarthe, in the GT40 racecar with RH tires, after going into the sand on the turn after the second straight (Porsche curves?, I don't know all the fancy turn names :dopey:)

*That'd probably be Indianapolis, which comes after the long straight when you've passed Mulsanne Hairpin at the end of the really, really long Hunaudieres Straight!*

Race 2:
La Sarthe II (2)

1st Kylehnat
2nd Jump_Ace
3rd Smallhorses
4th alrivers
5th raz_10

:ill: Make this car stop!!!! Please!!!!
I really liked this car in GT3, like EDK said BEST sounding car in the game, but I guess I hardly used it in GT4. Except for the Arcat series but I dont recalled having to stop a mile away so I can turn :crazy: I was in Baghdad with Ceiling_fan most of this race :dopey:

Race 3: Apricot Hill (4)
Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car '98 SM Tyres

1st jmgyro
2nd raz_10
3rd EDK
4th DaveS1138
5th alrivers

Very close races with Jack but could not over take him :grumpy:
Great racing between us though 👍 I'll take my second place any time knowing we had a great battle. :mischievous:

Race 4: Apricot Hill (4)

1st Jump_Ace
2nd Kylehnat
3rd Smallhorses
4th juana b.
5th ceiling_fan

Race 5: High Speed Ring Reverse (5)
Aston Martin Vanquish '04 SM Tyres

1st jmgyro
2nd raz_10
3rd EDK
4th juana b.
5th ceiling_fan

Great racing between us though 👍 I'll take my second place any time knowing we had a great battle. :mischievous:

juana b.
"I don't dig that bridge much!"
A very tight an closely contested race again, Josh attempted a move round the outside at the turn just before the bridge. Sadly it culminated in running just a little too wide and a head-on collision with the bridge support, giving rise to the quote above!

Race 6: High Speed Ring Reverse (5)

1st Smallhorses
2nd Jump_Ace
3rd Kylehnat
4th alrivers
5th DaveS1138

This was great race for Jerome & I, each time one of us passed the other, the car behind would slot easily into the slipstream of the leader and the battle would resume. I think I let Jerome by in the turn before the bridge on the last lap knowing full well that I'd then grab the final draft onto the start/finish straight! :mischievous: Eventually managed to pass and squeezed out the win by just 0.007s!!! :eek:

This concluded the first day, and several tired (not tyred! :D) racers trekked to "The Broken Rack" for dinner & beer. DaveS1148 who'd actually managed to stay awake for almost 48hrs had a miles-better excuse than anyone else for feeling weary, but still managed to join us for a wee-Whisky chez Smallhorses before earning a well deserved rest! :eek:

The results are very regimental as yet, but it's take several hours of compiling to get this far, so I'm going to hold off on putting my individual race notes in here for now. They'll come later, along with quoted edits of anyone else posts within this thread regarding any of the individual races!

Last edited:
quattro! - SFGTP4: Day 2 results.​

Everyone arrives refreshed and eager to go again for day 2. DaveS1138 has actually slept! :D Kylehnat & Jump_Ace replenish themselves with a good breakfast at Doyle Street Cafe, while itgirlxx's taxi service is once again dispatched to retrieve ceiling_fan from Alameda and we're more or less ready to go. juana b.'s driving seat is vacated, to be filled by Vaxen for the Sunday and we're just about to get everyone to quit their individual warmup sessions when alrivers calls to let us know that his Beemer Six (original sexy 6, not the new amorphous-blobby 6! ;)) has died just off the Bay Bridge, having begun to overheat about halfway through the massive 4+ mile span! :eek: Fortunately he's soon able to diagnose the issue (coolant hose has come off, and left his radiator fluid all over the engine & bridge!) being a BMW employee and all, and gets his knight in shining armour
knight.gif
(Ok, his roomate :P) to rescue him with a gallon or 2 of BMW coolant!
We opt to begin the FF Coupe Pick'n'Mix in the meantime as we're not sure how long it'll take for his valiant rescuer to arrive! As it happens he turns up just as race 4 ends, but we're too far in to rejuggle the lineups to include him in the remaining races without him having to race himself on 3 stations in the final race!
weird.gif
Skilled racer and all, not even Alex is capable of driving 3 cars at once, and instead he retires to the kitchen briefly to learn Smallhorses' makeshift hand-degreaser trick invloving simple dishsoap and granulated sugar instead of those $10-per pot things that the auto-stores will sell you! 💡

"FF Coupe Pick'n'Mix"

For these events, I was mostly getting attuned to the GT4 physics again.

Race 1: Fuji 90s (4)
EDK/Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus '00 1st
Smallhorses/Alfa Romeo GTV 3.0 V6 24V '01 2nd
jmgyro/Alfa Romeo GTV 3.0 V6 24V '01 3rd
raz_10/Hyundai Tiburon GT '01 4th
Vaxen/Honda Prelude Si VTEC '91 5th
ceiling_fan/Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus '00 6th

Race 2: Autumn Ring Reverse (5)
Jump_Ace/Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus '00 1st
jmgyro/Honda Prelude Si VTEC '91 2nd
EDK/Hyundai Tiburon GT '01 3rd
Kylehnat/Mitsubishi FTO GR '97 4th
DaveS1138/Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus '00 5th
ceiling_fan/Hyundai Tiburon GT '01 6th

Race 3: Seattle (4)
Jump_Ace/Honda Prelude Si VTEC '91 1st
jmgyro/Toyota Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '99 2nd
Kylehnat/Honda Prelude Si VTEC '91 3rd
Smallhorses/Toyota Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '99 4th
DaveS1138/Honda Prelude Si VTEC '91 5th
ceiling_fan/Honda Prelude Si VTEC '91 6th

Race 4: Laguna Seca (5)
Jump_Ace/Alfa Romeo GTV 3.0 V6 24V '01 1st
jmgyro/Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus '00 2nd
Kylehnat/Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus '00 3rd
raz_10/Toyota Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '99 4th
Vaxen/Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus '00 5th
DaveS1138/Mitsubishi FTO GR '97 6th

Race 5: SSR5 Reverse (4)
raz_10/Alfa Romeo GTV 3.0 V6 24V '01 1st
EDK/Alfa Romeo GTV 3.0 V6 24V '01 2nd
jmgyro/Hyundai Tiburon GT '01 3rd
DaveS1138/Toyota Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '99 4th
ceiling_fan/Alfa Romeo GTV 3.0 V6 24V '01 5th
Smallhorses/Handicapped Honda Prelude Si VTEC '91 6th

Race 6: Midfield Reverse (5)
raz_10/Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus '00 1st
Jump_Ace/Toyota Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '99 2nd
EDK/Honda Prelude Si VTEC '91 3rd
Smallhorses/Hyundai Tiburon GT '01 4th
Kylehnat/Alfa Romeo GTV 3.0 V6 24V '01 5th
Vaxen/Toyota Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '99 6th

Race 7: Cote D'Azur (4)
Smallhorses/Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus '00 1st
EDK/Toyota Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '99 2nd
Jump_Ace/Mitsubishi FTO GR '97 3rd
raz_10/Honda Prelude Si VTEC '91 4th
Vaxen/Mitsubishi FTO GR '97 5th
ceiling_fan/Mitsubishi FTO GR '97 6th

One of my favourite races of the weekend, I fought up through the field to spend most of the 4 laps sat directly behind Kevin, shadowing his every move and trying to find a good spot to pass, which is extremely tricky on the Monaco streets. Eventually able to just about squeeze alongside and outbrake him into the bus-stop chicane on the final lap, and ever-the-gentleman Kevin doesn't try to shut the door on me. :bowdown:

Race 8: Grand Valley East (5)
Kylehnat/Toyota Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '99 1st
jmgyro/Mitsubishi FTO GR '97 2nd
EDK/Mitsubishi FTO GR '97 3rd
DaveS1138/Alfa Romeo GTV 3.0 V6 24V '01 (Fastest Lap) 4th
Vaxen/Alfa Romeo GTV 3.0 V6 24V '01 5th
ceiling_fan/Toyota Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '99 6th

And thank you for including my fastest lap record in your write up.......OK so it was only because I caught a draft off all three cars infront of me in the final straight but its the thing I was most proud of in both days of racing :)

Race 9: Seoul Reverse (5)
Jump_Ace/Hyundai Tiburon GT '01 1st
Smallhorses/Mitsubishi FTO GR '97 2nd
raz_10/Mitsubishi FTO GR '97 3rd
Kylehnat/Hyundai Tiburon GT '01 4th
DaveS1138/Hyundai Tiburon GT '01 5th
Vaxen/Hyundai Tiburon GT '01 6th

The unfavourable FTO wasn't expected to do too well here, but I was able to give Jerome a good run for his money in the Tiburon. Close to his bumper the whole race, I don't think there was more than 2 very minor touches between us, but I couldn't hang with the Tiburon's pace on the straight despite the advantage of the draft and Jerome hung in for the win.

Code:
FF Coupes Pick'n'Mix							
Driver:	        [COLOR=red]Fiat[/COLOR]	[COLOR=red]Honda[/COLOR]	[COLOR=red]Mitsub.[/COLOR]	[COLOR=red]Toyota[/COLOR]	[COLOR=red]Alfa[/COLOR]	[COLOR=red]Hyundai[/COLOR]	[COLOR="purple"]Driver Total:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Vaxen[/COLOR]	        2	2	2	1	2	1	[COLOR="purple"]10[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]EDK[/COLOR]	        10	4	4	6	6	4	[COLOR="purple"]34[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]ceiling_fan[/COLOR]	1	1	1	1	2	1	[COLOR="purple"]7[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]jmgyro[/COLOR]	        6	6	6	6	4	4	[COLOR="purple"]32[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]DaveS1138[/COLOR]	2	2	1	3	3	2	[COLOR="purple"]13[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Kylehnat[/COLOR]	4	4	3	10	2	3	[COLOR="purple"]26[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Jump_Ace[/COLOR]	10	10	4	6	10	10	[COLOR="purple"]50[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Smallhorses[/COLOR]	10	1	6	3	6	3	[COLOR="purple"]29[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]raz_10[/COLOR]	        10	3	4	3	10	3	[COLOR="purple"]33[/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Car Total:	55	33	31	39	45	31[/COLOR]

Final standings:
1st Jump_Ace
goldmedal.gif

2nd EDK
silvermedal.gif

3rd raz_10
bronzemedal.gif

"Supercar Pick'n'Mix"

Race 1: Sarthe I (3)
EDK/Audi Le Mans quattro '03 1st
jmgyro/Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 '02 2nd
Kylehnat/Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 '02 3rd
ceiling_fan/Tommy kaira ZZ II '00 4th
Vaxen/Ford GT '05 5th
DaveS1138/Saleen S7 '02 6th

I love the long straights, and it's custom made for supercars. I was actually in the mix for 3rd until I missed a braking zone on lap 2 and went deep into the sand (the 4th long straight, with a slight curve... not sure the name). After that, it was hang on for 5th.

💡 I think you mean the sandtrap just before Indianapolis after the run down from Mulsanne Hairpin, maybe?

Race 2: Hong Kong Reverse (5)
Jump_Ace/Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 '02 1st
alrivers/Audi Le Mans quattro '03 2nd
EDK/Ford GT '05 3rd
Smallhorses/Saleen S7 '02 4th
raz_10/Ford GT '05 5th
ceiling_fan/Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 '02 6th

Race 3: Tokyo R246 (5)
jmgyro/Tommy kaira ZZ II '00 1st
Smallhorses/Tommy kaira ZZ II '00 2nd
Jump_Ace/Ford GT '05 3rd
Kylehnat/Audi Le Mans quattro '03 4th
Vaxen/Saleen S7 '02 5th
DaveS1138/Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '03 6th

Race 4: Twin Ring Motegi East (5)
raz_10/Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 '02 1st
alrivers/Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 '02 2nd
Vaxen/Audi Le Mans quattro '03 3rd
EDK/Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 '02 4th
ceiling_fan/Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '03 5th
DaveS1138/Ford GT '05 6th

This was probably my best performance of the day. One of my two 3rd places, but alrivers and I were in a close duel for 2nd. He got me on the last hairpin when I was too conservative with the brakes. I got the feeling that this was the one track where everyone was a bit uncomfortable and conservative, which put me on a bit more of a level playing field.

Race 5: Autumn Ring (5)
jmgyro/Audi Le Mans quattro '03 1st
alrivers/Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '03 2nd
Jump_Ace/Tommy kaira ZZ II '00 3rd
Smallhorses/Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '03 4th
raz_10/Audi Le Mans quattro '03 5th
Kylehnat/Saleen S7 '02 6th

Race 6: Trial Mountain Reverse (5)
Jump_Ace/Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '03 1st
Smallhorses/Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 '02 2nd
alrivers/Ford GT '05 3rd
raz_10/Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '03 4th
Vaxen/Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 '02 5th
Kylehnat/Ford GT '05 6th

Race 7: Suzuka West (5)
Smallhorses/Audi Le Mans quattro '03 1st
Kylehnat/Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '03 2nd
jmgyro/Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '03 3rd
EDK/Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '03 4th
ceiling_fan/Audi Le Mans quattro '03 5th
DaveS1138/Audi Le Mans quattro '03 6th

An awesome race for me! Started in pole-position and quickly pulled away to about 2s lead until I misjudged Spoon Curve on lap 1, taking a trip into the sandtrap and dropping back to last place. :grumpy: I then made a remarkable recovery, somehow catching and cleanly passing 5 cars in the remaining 4 laps to clinch the first-to-last-to-first victory! :D

Race 8: Grand Valley East Reverse (5)
alrivers/Tommy kaira ZZ II '00 1st
EDK/Saleen S7 '02 2nd
Jump_Ace/Audi Le Mans quattro '03 3rd
Vaxen/Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '03 4th
ceiling_fan/Ford GT '05 5th
raz_10/Saleen S7 '02 6th

Race 9: Seoul (5)
raz_10/Tommy kaira ZZ II '00 1st
Smallhorses/Ford GT '05 2nd
Jump_Ace/Saleen S7 '02 3rd
DaveS1138/Tommy kaira ZZ II '00 4th
jmgyro/Saleen S7 '02 5th
Kylehnat/Tommy kaira ZZ II '00 6th

Race 10: SSR5 (5)
alrivers/Saleen S7 '02 1st
jmgyro/Ford GT '05 2nd
EDK/Tommy kaira ZZ II '00 3rd
Vaxen/Tommy kaira ZZ II '00 4th
DaveS1138/Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 '02 5th
ceiling_fan/Saleen S7 '02 6th

Code:
Supercar Pick'n'Mix							
Driver:	        [COLOR=red]Saleen[/COLOR]	[COLOR=red]McMerc[/COLOR]	[COLOR=red]Ford[/COLOR]	[COLOR=red]Audi[/COLOR]	[COLOR=red]Tommy[/COLOR]	[COLOR=red]Pagani[/COLOR]	[COLOR="purple"]Driver Total:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Vaxen[/COLOR]	        2	3	2	4	3	2	[COLOR="purple"]16[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]EDK[/COLOR]	        6	3	4	10	4	3	[COLOR="purple"]30[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]ceiling_fan[/COLOR]	1	2	2	2	3	1	[COLOR="purple"]11[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]jmgyro[/COLOR]	        2	4	6	10	10	6	[COLOR="purple"]38[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]DaveS1138[/COLOR]	1	1	1	1	3	2	[COLOR="purple"]9[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Kylehnat[/COLOR]	1	6	1	3	1	4	[COLOR="purple"]16[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Jump_Ace[/COLOR]	4	10	4	4	4	10	[COLOR="purple"]36[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Smallhorses[/COLOR]	3	3	6	10	6	6	[COLOR="purple"]34[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]raz_10[/COLOR]	        1	3	2	2	10	10	[COLOR="purple"]28[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]alrivers[/COLOR]	10	6	4	6	10	6	[COLOR="Purple"]42[/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Car Total:	31	41	32	52	54	50[/COLOR]

Final standings:
1st alrivers
goldmedal.gif

2nd jmgyro
silvermedal.gif

3rd Jump_Ace
bronzemedal.gif

My least favourite was anything with the supercars........I havent driven with no driver assists before and it was a big suprise. I press the gas my wheels spin with no traction........I drop to first gear my wheels spin with no traction.........I shift to 2nd gear and my wheels stop spinning but I crawl off.......What the heck is that all about :) If it makes people feel better I have decided to put off buying my Vanquish so everybody else can feel safer on the road.

These cars were a handful, especially off the line. Unfortunately, one of the tricks from GT5p was to upshift once you got wheelspin, but that didn't work so well with these cars. Off the line in first, shift almost immediately to 2nd, watch the RPMs drop to about 2k, and wave goodbye to the field. :ouch:

90s 4WD Rally Car Pick'n'Mix"

Race 1: Grand Valley Speedway (4)
jmgyro/Peugeot 206 Rally Car '99 1st
Kylehnat/Peugeot 206 Rally Car '99 2nd
EDK/Subaru Impreza Rally Car '99 3rd
Vaxen/Ford Escort Rally Car '98 4th
DaveS1138/Ford Escort Rally Car '98 5th
ceiling_fan/Peugeot 206 Rally Car '99 6th

Race 2: New York Reverse (4)
Jump_Ace/Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV Rally Car '97 1st
EDK/Lancia Delta HF Integrale Rally Car '92 2nd
Smallhorses/Lancia Delta HF Integrale Rally Car '92 3rd
raz_10/Toyota Celica GT-Four Rally Car (ST205) '95 4th
alrivers/Subaru Impreza Rally Car '99 5th
ceiling_fan/Subaru Impreza Rally Car '99 6th

Race 3: Midfield (5)
jmgyro/Subaru Impreza Rally Car '99 1st
Jump_Ace/Subaru Impreza Rally Car '99 2nd
Smallhorses/Toyota Celica GT-Four Rally Car (ST205) '95 3rd
DaveS1138/Peugeot 206 Rally Car '99 4th
Kylehnat/Toyota Celica GT-Four Rally Car (ST205) '95 5th
Vaxen/Peugeot 206 Rally Car '99 6th

Did I just say easier to control? This race I disproved all of that, as I was all over the place. Off track and going backwards about as much as forwards (or so it seemed). :dunce:

Race 4: El Capitan Reverse (4)
raz_10/Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV Rally Car '97 1st
alrivers/Peugeot 206 Rally Car '99 2nd
EDK/Ford Escort Rally Car '98 3rd
Vaxen/Lancia Delta HF Integrale Rally Car '92 4th
DaveS1138/Lancia Delta HF Integrale Rally Car '92 5th
ceiling_fan/Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV Rally Car '97 6th

My favourite individual race was the El Capitain reverse in the rally cars. I was holding a very consistent 4th place for the last three laps and thought I had a good result comming up......only for Vaxen to come up close enough to draft me on the final straight and pass me just as we crossed the line.
Plus that is just an incredible track :)

Dave commented on this race already. I was running 5th for most of the race, but caught Dave at the last possible moment. It was so close that I wasn't sure at the end which of us had gotten over the line first! :cheers:

Race 5: High Speed Ring (5)
Jump_Ace/Lancia Delta HF Integrale Rally Car '92 1st
raz_10/Lancia Delta HF Integrale Rally Car '92 2nd
jmgyro/Toyota Celica GT-Four Rally Car (ST205) '95 3rd
Smallhorses/Peugeot 206 Rally Car '99 4th
alrivers/Lancia Delta HF Integrale Rally Car '92 5th
Kylehnat/Subaru Impreza Rally Car '99 6th

Unbelievable race, with every one of us sniffing the lead for brief spells. Unfortunately a collision & spin left Kyle trailing behind the rest of us with no hope of catching up as under a second covered the first 5 positions at the finish line! :eek:

Race 6: Opera Paris (4)
Jump_Ace/Peugeot 206 Rally Car '99 1st
Smallhorses/Subaru Impreza Rally Car '99 2nd
raz_10/Peugeot 206 Rally Car '99 3rd
Vaxen/Subaru Impreza Rally Car '99 4th
alrivers/Ford Escort Rally Car '98 5th
Kylehnat/Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV Rally Car '97 6th

Race 7: Infineon Sports (4)
jmgyro/Lancia Delta HF Integrale Rally Car '92 1st
Smallhorses/Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV Rally Car '97 2nd
Kylehnat/Ford Escort Rally Car '98 3rd
EDK/Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV Rally Car '97 4th
DaveS1138/Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV Rally Car '97 5th
ceiling_fan/Ford Escort Rally Car '98 6th

Another favourite race for me, I was able to keep Jack's Lancia firmly in my sights after he'd passed me, and retook the lead on a couple of occasions. Our battling allowed Kyle to catch up in his Escort and he squeezed by me for 2nd place on the penultimate lap which allowed Jack to pull away a little until he slowed too much for turn 10 on the last lap allowing Kyle and I to close right up on him for the final hairpin!
I was just able to nip inside Kyle at the exit of the turn after he'd gone in too deep, but couldn't edge alongside Jack who hung on for the win! :)

Race 8: Deep Forest Reverse (4)
Jump_Ace/Ford Escort Rally Car '98 1st
raz_10/Subaru Impreza Rally Car '99 2nd
EDK/Peugeot 206 Rally Car '99 3rd
alrivers/Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV Rally Car '97 4th
Vaxen/Toyota Celica GT-Four Rally Car (ST205) '95 5th
ceiling_fan/Lancia Delta HF Integrale Rally Car '92 6th

Race 9: Apricot Hill Reverse (4)
Smallhorses/Ford Escort Rally Car '98 1st
jmgyro/Ford Escort Rally Car '98 2nd
Kylehnat/Lancia Delta HF Integrale Rally Car '92 3rd
raz_10/Ford Escort Rally Car '98 4th
Jump_Ace/Toyota Celica GT-Four Rally Car (ST205) '95 5th
DaveS1138/Subaru Impreza Rally Car '99 6th

Seems I'd saved my best race of the day for my last race of the day! An awesome battle over 4 laps as Jack and I swapped places time & again in our identical Escorts! Tyrewear eventually got the better of us, but I was able to keep the car on track in the last turn to take the chequered flag as Jack understeered off into the sand but kept his 2nd place as we'd pulled out a gap over the chasing pack.

Race 10: Clubman Stage 5 Reverse (5)
jmgyro/Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV Rally Car '97 1st
alrivers/Toyota Celica GT-Four Rally Car (ST205) '95 2nd
Vaxen/Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV Rally Car '97 3rd
ceiling_fan/Toyota Celica GT-Four Rally Car (ST205) '95 4th
DaveS1138/Toyota Celica GT-Four Rally Car (ST205) '95 5th
EDK/Toyota Celica GT-Four Rally Car (ST205) '95 6th
(Kevin stopped after 4 laps!!!)

My other 3rd place, but I don't remember much about it, other than that I was "saving" the evo until we got to a more familiar track. Silly me, I don't know any of the GT4 tracks any more! Chalk this one up to the car rather than the driver then, as most were on the least favorite cars by the last race.

Code:
90s 4WD Rally Car Pick'n'Mix							
Driver:	        [COLOR=red]Ford[/COLOR]	[COLOR=red]Peugeot[/COLOR]	[COLOR=red]Mitsub.[/COLOR]	[COLOR=red]Lancia[/COLOR]	[COLOR=red]Subaru[/COLOR]	[COLOR=red]Toyota[/COLOR]	[COLOR="Purple"]Driver Total:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Vaxen[/COLOR]	        3	1	4	3	3	2	[COLOR="purple"]16[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]EDK[/COLOR]	        4	4	4	6	4	1	[COLOR="purple"]23[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]ceiling_fan[/COLOR]	1	1	1	1	1	3	[COLOR="purple"]8[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]jmgyro[/COLOR]	        6	10	10	10	10	4	[COLOR="purple"]50[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]DaveS1138[/COLOR]	2	3	2	2	1	2	[COLOR="purple"]12[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Kylehnat[/COLOR]	4	6	1	4	1	2	[COLOR="purple"]18[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Jump_Ace[/COLOR]	10	10	10	10	6	2	[COLOR="purple"]48[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Smallhorses[/COLOR]	10	3	6	4	6	4	[COLOR="purple"]33[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]raz_10[/COLOR]	        4	4	10	6	6	3	[COLOR="purple"]33[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]alrivers[/COLOR]	2	6	3	2	2	6	[COLOR="purple"]21[/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Car Total:	46	48	51	48	40	29[/COLOR]

Final standings:
1st jmgyro
goldmedal.gif

2nd Jump_Ace
silvermedal.gif

=3rd Smallhorses/raz_10
bronzemedal.gif

4WD rally was probably the most fun overall. The cars were quite a bit easier to control, which meant that boneheaded moves by me were fewer and farther between.

Work in progress... Please be patient.

Last edited:
DaveS1138 flew from New Hampshire. :eek:

Jump_Ace flew from Portland, Oregon. :crazy:

Kylehnat drove 750 miles from Olympia, Washington!!! :scared:

These are dedicated, nay, obsessive racers! :D

Heh. Just wait until Famine and I fly from the UK!

Incidentally, do you have any objections to a black Lab joining in as we'd like to try and get a pet passport for our pup. However, we do have dogsitters so leaving her in the UK for a week won't be a problem...

Good pics Nick and Rachel! We had a good time indeed, but I fear if Famine came then our American accents may get made fun of :nervous: lol, nah....

Jerome

Good pics Nick and Rachel! We had a good time indeed, but I fear if Famine came then our American accents may get made fun of :nervous: lol, nah....

Jerome

We'd at least have to stop making fun of how Nick says Celica(r) at Laguna(r) Seca(r). :sly:

Those are some great pics you took. Only noticed the camera on me for the one Rachel took when my hand is up, and that's because she waited until I turned away and put my hand up because I was tired of waiting for her to take the picture. :D

Also, I noticed in the second picture (Setup) that the giant box of beer I brought is also visible to the right side behind the cockpit. :dopey:

Last edited:
Great pics, and congrats to juana.b for retaining his title! Nice to see some familiar faces, and also to put some new faces to some familiar names, too 👍 Looks like the Quattro was a big success, so well done to you both, N&R for that! Look forward to seeing the results! :)

"Kylehnat & raz_10 give their own unique verdict on the Saleen! "

I think this pic was for the Land Rover as well...the memories were still fresh!!! :lol:

all i remember hearing is "excuse me!" "sorry!" "oh, no!" "THANKS!" "CRAP CRAP $&*%" and...."I'm in Baghdad "

i just thought I'd repost that :dopey:

Smallhorses
dscn2148gj4.jpg

We can't remember what exactly it was that EDK was owning up to here, but he seems pretty pleased about it! :)

Evidently, you are quite enthralled too!

Nice pics Nick, would be nice to come over to the 'fran one day and have my ass handed to me by people who know how to pronounce Laguna Seca.

Loox like you all had a lot of fun.
The car choice seemed reasonable too, I dont think I've ever driven the Audi pike's peak before......

Where did i put that lottery ticket.............

:irked:👍

EDK
Only noticed the camera on me for the one Rachel took when my hand is up, and that's because she waited until I turned away and put my hand up because I was tired of waiting for her to take the picture. :D

That's because I was waiting for Nick to smile :)

Nice pics Nick, would be nice to come over to the 'fran one day and have my ass handed to me by people who know how to pronounce Laguna Seca.

The car choice seemed reasonable too, I dont think I've ever driven the Audi pike's peak before......

:irked:👍

I think Jerome would be the only possible candidate for the ass handing. ;)

On the Pike's peak, you are best to keep it that way. :grumpy:

That's because I was waiting for Nick to smile :)

Ahh, and here I thought it was me you were trying to convince to smile. :dopey:

(But I like that picture better anyhow).

Steelers, eh? Hahaha, poor Kyle :ouch: I got my Giants avatar back up and running now :)

Jerome

Ok then, Day 1's results are up in their respective slot.

The results are very regimental as yet, but it's taken several hours of compiling to get this far, so I'm going to hold off on putting my individual race notes in here for now. They'll come later, along with quoted edits of anyone else posts within this thread regarding any of the individual races!

Sooo.... Now that you've had a refresher of who raced with who, in what, and where, let us know what you thought of any races in particular?
Fun? Bumpy? Close? Good battle?

We want to hear your views, and I can edit race specific details into the results post to make it a little more interesting and a lot less tabular! 💡

This concluded the first day, and several tired (not tyred! :D) racers trekked to "The Broken Rack" for dinner & beer. DaveS1148 who'd actually managed to stay awake for almost 48hrs had a miles-better excuse than anyone else for feeling weary, but still managed to join us for a wee-Whisky chez Smallhorses before earning a well deserved rest! :eek:

DaveS1148 :) Hey I got a promotion :)

I would love to use the 48 hours without sleep thing as an excuse for my results on day one but when you post the results for day 2 everybody would see that had nothing to do with it :sly:

OK, so I've managed to unbury myself from the mountain of work-related paperwork that'd built up around me while I'd been making preparations for SFTGP4. Half of the results are up, and I'd like to see some of your feedback on which races you loved, hated, etc. :D

I'm now getting round to the usual post-event thank yous and my memories of each of the racers, so here goes, in no readily apparent order ;) :

juana b.: One of the perennial SFGTP attendees returning again for more fun and games, and these meetings wouldn't be the same without us hearing the shrill whine of a DFP motor being cranked from full-lock-to-lock as Josh displays yet another moment of car-control-on-the-very-limit, at least once during the day! Once again we fully appreciate his generosity in allowing us to make use of his equipment for both days even though his family committments mean he can't race with us on the Sunday. Always a pleasure to host, and as has been mentioned before was untouchable in the "First Beer Of The Day Race". Was a bit worried about his jacket-licking fetish though! :crazy:

Vaxen: Nice to meet another of GTPlanet's new moderators, a true gentleman, Dan actually arrived on Saturday with 4 fantastic folding chairs even though the size restrictions meant he wasn't able to race. Also came prepared with an exceedingly generous gift of Balvenie Scotch for the hosts which is always much appreciated! Returned on Sunday to take the wheel of many cars in the P'n'M selections and turned in some great performances considering his recent lack of GT4 time since he's become involved much more in GT5:P. Well deserving of being voted driver of the weekend for this reason too, and the TVR mouse prize! 👍

ceiling_fan: Once again our youngest visitor and another perennial SFGTP-ist who is also the creator of the awesome banners that we've had for each of the 4 events. Brings not only the awesomeness of the Pink Chair, a fixture that many attendees swore they wouldn't come along if it wasn't coming too, but as ever he provided some of the funniest commentary and quotes of the weekend. Also tried to give everyone seizures with the rapid front/back kiddie-cam view switching whilst on the straights! :ill:

jmgyro: The one we were all worried about facing, :scared: given his phenomenal Div. 1 WRS record and performances in many of the other online series. He is truly phenomenally quick and consistent and very, very clean too, as shown by his performances in the P'n'Ms, spot races and the endurance qualifiers. Had one of my favourite races of the weekend with Jack in the Ford Escort Rally Cars. :bowdown: Look forward to racing with him again at the next SFGTP!

EDK: Again brought along a great dose of Hoppiness for all to enjoy (well, those of us over 21 anyway) and some great racing too! Another quick & clean racer, it's always a pleasure to race alongside Kevin. WE DO NEED TO SHOUT A LITTLE LOUDER OVER HIS ENORMOUS HEADPHONE VOLUME NEXT TIME!! :lol: 5 LAPS KEVIN!!!! :mischievous: Joint winner of the Clio Endurance with Kyle, his incredible smooth but quick style meant he was able to extract more laps from a set of RM tyres than anyone else! :)

alrivers: He of the infamous "Sixer", which unfortunately had an unhappy moment on it's way back over on Sunday morning when it dumped it's radiator coolant all over the Bay Bridge. With a friend close by to rescue him, he was able to race on and clinch the overall win in the Supercar P'n'M. Will no doubt be relishing the thought that he'll be over 21 for the next SFGTP and it'll be interesting to see how much effect a few beers will have on his driving! :D

Kylehnat: Once again making the massively long drive all the way down from Washington to spend 2 days locked in someone's garage playing a driving game! :cool: Ever the gentleman he insisted on getting dinner for his hosts on Friday night too! :cheers: A fierce racer and another who it's great to spend track time with, he clinched the victory in the Clio Endurance race alongside Kevin. SFGTPs just wouldn't be complete without his spot-on repertoire of impersonations of "Family Guy" characters!

Jump_Ace: Uber-tall & Uber-fast, Jerome once again journeyed from Portland to take part in his 3rd SFGTP. A self-confessed "fearless driver", he's utterly difficult to keep pace with and almost immune to being terrorised in making a mistake! Winner of the suspiciously unpopular SUV handicap, (perhaps in part due to his recent Honda Element purchase?!!!) we also had enormous fun in the Aston Vanquishes at High Speed Ring Reverse where just 0.002s separated us at the line! Must work on tempting him & Kevin out of GT4 retirement and the distractions of GT5:P with some Uber-tasty selections for SFGTP5 :sly: (& no SUVs, I promise! :guilty:)

DaveS1138: Should that be 11"48"? I think as an honourable reference to his unfathomable non-sleeping bout it'd be quite fitting! David was the furthest flung attendee for SFGTP4 coming in from New Hampshire. :eek: It was nice to have another Brit around again to help me with the barracking from the others regarding my pronounciations of "Mazda", "Nissan" & "Celica"! Known clean racer from the days of GT3 i-Link sessions when he lived out on the Left-coast too, I knew he'd have no difficulty fitting into the racing group here, and he proved me absolutely right! ;)

raz_10: Another of the first timers for an SFGTP, Ricardo was expected to be quick and clean from my experiences of his driving in the WRS Div. 2, ARCAT series and MX-5 Cup, and he lived up to all expectations. Another fantastic contributor to the Smallhorses' liquor cabinet too, we're most grateful for the Jameson's! :drool: Will certainly look forward to more tight battles on track with Ricardo both online in the near future, and at the next SFGTP meet in the not-too-distant-depending-on-how-soon-I-get-my-arse-in-gear-again future! :lol:

Once again, tremendous thanks to everyone for coming, bringing the requisite equipment and putting up with my somewhat insane race combos for 2 full days! :bowdown: Without you guys there'd be no fun in organising these events in the first place! :(

Roll on SFGTP5 at some point in the New Year when the snowboarding season is done! :D

Last edited:
raz_10 and I had a good battle during race 7, I would've taken the lead had the finish line been a bit further down the track. ;) I'm also going to completely ignore the fact that I was in a much faster car :D

DaveS1138 flew from New Hampshire. :eek:

Jump_Ace flew from Portland, Oregon. :crazy:

Kylehnat drove 750 miles from Olympia, Washington!!! :scared:

These are dedicated, nay, obsessive racers! :D
Give DaveS1138 a prize then for being the SFGTP participant willing to travel the furtherest to take part then. ;)

Also, congrats to EDK and Kylehnatfor their win in the Clio Edurance from one half of the previous race winners. :D:tup:

I don't know of GT5:Prologue will be used for any of the events in SFGTP5, but I was thinking of suggesting having the Clio Endurance on the Daytona Road Course. But I imagine it would probably be turned down for it's lap length. :embarrassed:

...I don't know of GT5:Prologue will be used for any of the events in SFGTP5...

Nope.
GT5:P has been mentioned a number of times in the SFGTP threads before and I always give the same response:
GT5:P with it's staggering shortage of actual racetracks is not going to feature at an SFGTP.
End Of Story.

Wonderful graphics and better physics aside, GT5:P isn't remotely close to being a complete game. When GT5 full release comes out with a proper selection of cars and tracks then the switch will be made, but not until then. ;)

Let see...
Race 2:
La Sarthe II (2)
:ill: Make this car stop!!!! Please!!!!
I really liked this car in GT3, like EDK said BEST sounding car in the game, but I guess I hardly used it in GT4. Except for the Arcat series but I dont recalled having to stop a mile away so I can turn :crazy: I was in Baghdad with Ceiling_fan most of this race :dopey:

Race 4: Apricot Hill (4)
&
Race 5: High Speed Ring Reverse (5)

Last edited:
Ok guys! I've got wireless access at my jobsite, and I'm waiting for my customer to do 3 x 30 minute runs on the machine which means I've nothing to do but sit and watch his data acquire. The level of excitement & tension is akin to watching grass grow :P, so I've taken the time to complile the day 2 results into their tabular form in the respective post.

Will be back to edit in my memorable race details, there were a lot of them on Day 2 for me, and I stil want to hear your thoughts too! raz_10 has made a good start above, so keep stuff like that coming! :cheers:

Race 2:
La Sarthe II (2)

1st Kylehnat
2nd Jump_Ace
3rd Smallhorses
4th alrivers
5th raz_10

Race 6: High Speed Ring Reverse (5)

1st Smallhorses
2nd Jump_Ace
3rd Kylehnat
4th alrivers
5th DaveS1138
I seriously have no recollection of either one of those races. Okay, fess up: who gave me the roofee?

Heh. Just wait until Famine and I fly from the UK!

Incidentally, do you have any objections to a black Lab joining in as we'd like to try and get a pet passport for our pup. However, we do have dogsitters so leaving her in the UK for a week won't be a problem...

Unfortunately we're not well set to receive furry visitors. :guilty:
I'm allergic to most things feathered or furry.
Not one of those "immediately gets sneezy/itchy eyes/skin conditions" kind of allergic, but I do begin to notice that I get bunged up and wheezy if I spend too long in an environment where people have pets, which is a shame since I like cats and dogs.
Rachel goes out and volunteers to play with the cats/kittens at the local humane society here since I won't allow her to have a cat of her own.
Much as we'd like to meet Indy at some point it'll have to wait until we're on your side of the pond again!

OK my guilty little secret is that I actually liked the SUV races and not because its the only series that I managed to win a race in. Handicaping the better drivers made the races more and more competitive as the races went on and it was fun watching people learning how to drive a tank around the high speed ring.

My favourite individual race was the El Capitain reverse in the rally cars. I was holding a very consistent 4th place for the last three laps and thought I had a good result comming up......only for Vaxen to come up close enough to draft me on the final straight and pass me just as we crossed the line.
Plus that is just an incredible track :)

My least favourite was anything with the supercars........I havent driven with no driver assists before and it was a big suprise. I press the gas my wheels spin with no traction........I drop to first gear my wheels spin with no traction.........I shift to 2nd gear and my wheels stop spinning but I crawl off.......What the heck is that all about :) If it makes people feel better I have decided to put off buying my Vanquish so everybody else can feel safer on the road.

And thank you for including my fastest lap record in your write up.......OK so it was only because I caught a draft off all three cars infront of me in the final straight but its the thing I was most proud of in both days of racing :)

Last edited:
Back