question about set-up in online races

• Thread starter Veil26
  • 3 comments
Germany
Germany
Is there any possibility to tweak your set-up in online races by using your own car, e.g. can you change hide right, wing settings, camber, toe angle? The higher I get in the ranking, the more drivers enter their own cars, recognizable by beautiful paintwork, and I just wonder if there is more benefit to bringing their own cars than just the looks... If you change settings offline, the car's performance ranking points change, yet that is expected. I would assume the BoP to adjust any major advantage or disadvantage when racing online with such changes, yet you could still trim your car to suit your driving style better, couldn't you?

Online races may allow adjustments of specific car settings (usually the brake balance), but all other settings will be locked to the default setting (or the required tyres(s)).

Refer to the race details to see what car settings can be changed for that specific race.

Thank you, that clarifies it. It's a pity - everybody is changing the setup of real GT3 cars let's say in GTE, DTM or VLN, while the BoP is kept in place.

Thank you, that clarifies it. It's a pity - everybody is changing the setup of real GT3 cars let's say in GTE, DTM or VLN, while the BoP is kept in place.
Real life drivers also have their teams’ engineers and technicians to help set up the car to their liking instead of the driver figuring everything out themselves.

This is why I like that Sport Mode generally takes tuning out of the equation (besides brake balance). No tuning knowledge required - it’s down to your skills and the car (or your choice of car).

Back