Quick Pick: Clio Race Car @ Midfield Reverse

• Thread starter Luxy
  • 23 comments
GTP_Luxy
Speeding things up (just a bit) with a fun little race car, here's yet another easy, addictive, low-commitment combo!

clio_midfield.jpg

Quick Pick:
Renault Clio Race Car @ Midfield Reverse

Track:
Arcade Mode / Time Trial / Original Circuits / Midfield Raceway Reverse

Car:
Clio Renault Sport Trophy V6 24V Race Car ('00)
  • -20% Power (235hp)
  • -10% Weight (1035kg)
  • Any Top Speed
  • Racing Hard Tires (R2)

Rules:
  • Have fun! ;)
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • no hybrids
  • no cheating of any kind
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • save your replay ('save ghost' icon)

Deadline, Discussion & Verification:
Post your best times in the thread. It's a permanent spot race, so there is no deadline. Take your time and have fun! Replays are appreciated, but not required.

Yes a new time trial:D, I will get on this tomorrow because I only just got online
at about 12:30AM(where i am), and I have alot of stuff to do tonite.
And the car is something you don't see used alot, should be fun:).

Thanks for the combos Luxy! 👍 I didn't get on so well with the last one but it was fun, when I saw this I said oh yah...

More fitting to me, open track, mr, softer rubber. Moving down through the gears into the first hairpin gets my hart pumping. Have yet to nail the high speed "s" or get max speed out of the last turn.

As usual lots left for me, I'll hit it some more in the next few days.

Again a very pleasant combo., Luke. 👍

Just been racing 5 laps and just wanna know what to do about the concrete in the first tunnel. Is it track or not?

Edit: And also the second tunnel and the area right after btw?

Edit2:

1'18.010

Top speed 230km/h. Driving with the more conservative rules.

Let's stick to a conservative definition of 'track', the concrete on the outside of the tunnels is off-limits. Please keep two wheels on the tarmac in these spots :)

Nice time, Niels :eek:

Me likey!!! Brilliant idea. I always wanted something to do with the Clio. Very fun car to drive. This should be fun. I've made a personal rule that I am limiting my GT4 racing and replacing it with PC racing - this comp is most definitely on my "To Do" list.

m.piedgros

Luxy
Let's stick to a conservative definition of 'track', the concrete on the outside of the tunnels is off-limits. Please keep two wheels on the tarmac in these spots :)

Well thats not good, because I did use it. Oh well, I have an idea how to
take the track so I will try again tomorrow. Had a good time too:(.

Nice time, Niels :eek:

Thanks. I never really liked the new concrete surface here anyway. :)

And thanks again. Just following my usual tactic and getting up a time early. Sometimes it almost looks good for a few hours then. :dopey:

Thanks. I never really liked the new concrete surface here anyway. :)

I wish PD had not put the "sidewalks" in anywhere, bugs me more at deep forest...

I usually run pretty conservative and very rarely get the inside wheels on rumbles or lines.

Nice Niels 👍

Ok I tried this again today, got a clean lap and it's about .2 sec's faster:).

T1-24:360
T2-48:334
Total-1:18:196

And again this is a fun time trial:D.

Fun stuff Luxy, thanks for the combos :cheers:

I can see .32 off the total by adding up my best sectors but that's not gonna hapen any time soon :dopey: I decided to post my replay because it's pretty smooth for me and a managed an o.k. time with some heal/toe, or in this case thumb/tip of thumb. Here it is.

Oh yeah, nice one James 👍

Attachments

• qp3 midfld rev ntsc.max
    19.9 KB · Views: 15
1'17.652

T1 - 24.314
T2 - 48.199

Could go maybe 2 tenths faster, I think there is more in it than that though.

UPDATE: 1'17.493

T1 - 24.218
T2 - 47.966

Still another 2 tenths left. Im using 220 top speed by the way and if you take the right lines you can take the turn 1 S and the S just after T2 both flat.

Nice times guys. 👍

I haven't touched since my first session, but it's a very pleasant combo, so I'll give it another go over the weekend. :)

@ arora
I looked at your replay and I have to say that it's a very good lap.
I picked up my DS2 and tried to see if I could beat it. I came close
but had no luck. Good job:tup:.

Thanks James, I've been going for a "smooth lap" one that does not stress me but still is respectably fast.

Hey east, when I saw your first splits I said "damn thats a great last sector" After seeing your update I see you rounded out your times, good one mate.👍

Give us the real scoop Niels :dopey: , I know you're nocking that time down.

Thanks again Luxy:tup:

My last session gave a:

1'17.657

Damn I'm glad you updated your time East. ;) Otherwise it easily could have caused a lot of frustration. :dopey:

Thanks again for the race Luke. Super combo. 👍
I find it kind of strange these combos don't appeal to more people. The cars are fast enough to have an edge, and yet you can within a couple of sessions get close to your optimal lap.

Well... bring on the next one, please. :D

Edit: PAL replay added:

Attachments

• NielsG_Clio@Midfield_rev_1'17.657.max
    20.3 KB · Views: 15
NielsG
Thanks again for the race Luke. Super combo. 👍
I find it kind of strange these combos don't appeal to more people. The cars are fast enough to have an edge, and yet you can within a couple of sessions get close to your optimal lap.

Well... bring on the next one, please. :D

I have to agree, I think it's wierd how no one else has tried these race's yet.
Oh well I guess, I wonder what the next race will be:).

I'm glad you guys liked the combo again ... :) As to why no one else is running ... well, there's no accounting for taste, I guess ;)

It's been a busy week, so I haven't even had a chance to run this, but I'll come back to it later. I'll post a new one tonight 👍

after finishing wrs and having nothing else OLR to do i decided to give this one a go, tho reverse is not really to my liking.

laptime now is x.xx.xxx and i don't have the t's handy, but that'll come when my internet conn is back up and running.

edit
improved by a millisecond but with t's this time: 25.038 - 49.786 - 1.20.395

incredible grip this car has! much more time to find, especially in the slow right after the start.

I finally got some laps on this one and Midfield 2 is not enjoyable enough to keep going back for me .. that part at T2 is a pain in the ass and that last bend .... :yuck: anyway here's my best after an hour 24.134 / 48.105 - 1'17.608 (NTSC) ( seen 24.0's and 47.8's only to dump it after T2 time after time ) cya's in next combo guys 👍

Great laps by East and Niels :cheers:

Surprised myself a little on this one. Lap time-1.22.912, which is only 5 sec. off the big boys. Might have to learn how and buy the stuff to submit replays. I would enjoy sharing them. When I first tried this I thought it was to be done with the Clio sports car.LOL Only one more Quick pick to do, Apricot Hill. My split times are as follows.

T1-26.036
T2-50.978

Well, widened the gearbox setting and turned off traction control. Did 8 laps, and after getting used to it I cut 1 sec off my lap time.

T1-25.620
T2-50.715
Lap-1.21.801

Seems I shaved almost a half a second off this one by trying a few laps. Some players were commenting on how well I did on this one,and I have noticed the diff. Thanks for the compliments all!!! The reason that I think I did better times on this were a NA engine where less throttle control was needed and not having a shift-point such as turbo's do.

my new times are
T1-25.559
T2-50.208
Lap-1.21.447

ODD

after finishing wrs and having nothing else OLR to do i decided to give this one a go, tho reverse is not really to my liking.

laptime now is x.xx.xxx and i don't have the t's handy, but that'll come when my internet conn is back up and running.

edit
improved by a millisecond but with t's this time: 25.038 - 49.786 - 1.20.395

incredible grip this car has! much more time to find, especially in the slow right after the start.

GOOD JOB RACER!!!!!! We are consistent in our times. Got me beat by 1.100 seconds

ODD:) 👍

Back