Rabbits @ Jump Tracks (VW Golfs) Congrats to *Coreyb* & *Audiman2011*!

Tuesday the 2nd works for me, but that is the only time. Please put me down for a maybe on Tuesday, with dark green cars, silver rims. I have a '76 I can dupe for someone also.

WELCOME EVERYBODY 👍 :)

And everybody, invite one friend... or your rival :lol: (or more than one lol)
I can't think to find everyone who might be interested!
ohmy.gif

I think I get around on the forum... but I don't know everyone!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TRACKS:

And to get the custom tracks in advance of racing... they are shared on various different PSNs. But get what you can now, and I'm going to be rotating them shared on different accounts over coming days, to try & get them all on VCRC at some point. The OP will reflect the current shared accts.

Right now:

Ribbid Ridge (Toscana tarmac) (2.45 miles)
Track shared on PSN: wat3rm370n
Track shared on PSN: redshifting

The New Ji-Feurre Pass (Mt. Aso tarmac) (1.92 miles)
Track shared on PSN: VCRC

Mount Hop Top (Mt. Aso tarmac) (1.84 miles)
rack shared on PSN: amoreenabooboo

(I check each acct daily to add FRs.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@ paulmac2k9 - Cool pics. I do actually like the factory stock colours of the '76. Something very cool about the red outline on the front of the car... Kind of felt bad painting it red so it blends in now. :indiff:
Sorry the schedules don't suit. You make it sound like I talked to your scheduling supervisor at work and had them schedule you for every single proposed schedule I came up with. :lol: :odd:
Scheduling is so frustrating. I can never manage to get everyone I know who's interested together at the same time. :(

@ MSTER232
@ Phouchg
@ John Wells

Which schedule(s) can I pencil you in for, if any? :nervous:

@ AudiMan2011 - are your car colours a fancy way of saying "Black and White"? :sly:

@ doodlemonoply - :lol:
sleepgo.gif

If you wake up in time, join us. Hey, I might actually have a chance against a SLEEPY-EYED doodle. :lol:

@ Chiochan
@ jackargent

THanks guys for offering to help gift cars to interested racers. 👍 :) :)

@ AudiMan2011 - are your car colours a fancy way of saying "Black and White"? :sly:

Yes. I try to find the colours that have a bit of 'zest' in their names and that's where the Italians are so good at naming their car paint colours

Thanks for car Jack:tup:👍👍

I can make Tuesday and Saturday Melon:)

Car colour Mk1 Black MkIV Blue:dopey:

@ paulmac2k9 - Cool pics. I do actually like the factory stock colours of the '76. Something very cool about the red outline on the front of the car... Kind of felt bad painting it red so it blends in now. :indiff:
Sorry the schedules don't suit. You make it sound like I talked to your scheduling supervisor at work and had them schedule you for every single proposed schedule I came up with. :lol: :odd:
Scheduling is so frustrating. I can never manage to get everyone I know who's interested together at the same time. :(

Usually times past 10-11pm GMT work for me (BST is +1 GMT come tomorrow night) but sadly for those dates I have a morning shift the day after. The Tuesday is pretty much a no go with our "Two for Tuesdays", unless it's 10pm GMT or later. The Thursday is a day normally I could make but this Thursday im not off, I'm 4-11pm :ouch:. (I see Thursday got canned from you list anyway :P)

@ paulmac2k9 - that totally explains it because 10/11pm in the UK is dinner time here. I generally need to be finished by 5pm to begin preparing dinner... so I would never (or very rarely) race between 10pm - Midnight GMT. :indiff:

Yes. I try to find the colours that have a bit of 'zest' in their names and that's where the Italians are so good at naming their car paint colours

Yeah lots of pizazz in the Italian names!!
Not just the paints... but the car names. Some of the best car names are the Italian cars (make &/or model).
Alfa Romeo, Ferrari
Muira Bertone, Fiat Barchetta Giovane, Competitizone, Lancia STRATOS, and Guilia Sprint Speciale (mmmmm:))
Brera Sky Window (even if the car is a total pig :lol: the name is fanciful!)

But then you've got the complicated spelling in some of the paint chips... and the car lots of people call "the spaghetti car". :lol:
Speaking of which - we need to race that car again. :lol: That car was spectacular on some toscana tarmac tracks.

The thing is i notice that a lot of Europeans don't know that the Golf is called a Rabbit here in the U.S. But most people know that Mx5 Eunos is called Miata in North America.
I find that difference interesting. It must be because Miatas are very popular worldwide?
Anyway I think "Rabbit" is much more interesting as a name than "Golf". But that's just my opinion of course. ;)

Ah thanks for that link... never really thought of the hot hatch angle . :)
But yeah, it is a hot hatch.:D

TRACK SHARING UPDATE:

Track shared on PSN: jackargent

Track shared on PSN: redshifting
Track shared on PSN: amoreenabooboo

Just to update, I will be able to do Tuesday and Saturday 👍 .

And sorry I forgot about the cube race :nervous: !

I'm interested in the first one. Not 100% if I can make it but pretty much 99%. Got to check if I have the cars first though. 👍

Yep got the cars. 👍

m8h3r / m8h3r / Matte Black (Pink Rims) / Chameleon Blue (Crystal Topaz Pearlescent Rims)

Going to add the VCRC account now.

EigerNordwandShortTrack-1_zps2976ae27.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome m8h3r !
GREAT PIC!!!! :D :D

And probably is good enough. We don't expect anyone to be able to chisel anything in stone here. ;)

@ MSTER232
No worries! Though you did miss a spectacularly good time! I would have sent you a reminder on psn if you'd been signed on...
:sly:

Okay if we don't get at least a few more signups (maybes at least!) for the Friday event by Tues, that's going to be cut.
Friday 5 April @ 8pm US EDT / 5pm US PDT
(Saturday 6 April @ 01:00 UTC / 2am BST)

So if you're signed up for that one, invite your friends & rivals. ;)

We have a pretty good head count for the other days though. 👍

Also, anyone else still needing the '76? I still have spares, and others do as well. 👍

If I like the race on Tuesday ill show up to the others to boost numbers. 👍

:lol: :sly: That's a good plan. :) I'll pencil you in as a possibly for the others.

Note: I'm pretty sure this is going to be entertaining & fun. :lol:

I try to come up with unusual fun scenarios.
Because there's a lot of serious clean racing organized with popular sports cars & such on this forum. Plenty of venues for serious clean racing. Lots of good options here at GTPlanet. 👍
:gtpflag:
So I go for the casual fun & entertaining, but clean & fair category. :)

Last edited:
Okay if we don't get at least a few more signups (maybes at least!) for the Friday event by Tues, that's going to be cut.
Friday 5 April @ 8pm US EDT / 5pm US PDT
(Saturday 6 April @ 01:00 UTC / 2am BST)
So if you're signed up for that one, invite your friends & rivals. ;)

We have a pretty good head count for the other days though. 👍

Also, anyone else still needing the '76? I still have spares, and others do as well. 👍

I'm going to pull out of this now I will send the car back if that's ok

@ Dano20 - Just to make sure, because you quoted about the Friday event maybe not coming off - that's not the one I had you down for. Don't know if that's relevant or if you quoted that by mistake. Or??
And I'm not worried about the car, btw.

@ Dano20 - Just to make sure, because you quoted about the Friday event maybe not coming off - that's not the one I had you down for. Don't know if that's relevant or if you quoted that by mistake. Or??
And I'm not worried about the car, btw.

I quoted it because it looked like you Said it was happening on Friday
Just read it properly keep me in

Oh no no... Tuesday is most definitely on. Go for Tues for sure. We have 8 sign-ups. And we often get at least one last minute sign up, and sometimes a jump-in. So that's all cool.
Saturday's also quite a ways off & we already have 7 probablys & a possibly.
The Friday night is the one that's looking sparse, so I was hoping to encourage peeps signed up for that day to invite their pals, since obviously if they can race at that time - they probably have friends that also do. :)

Track sharing update:

Track shared on PSN: amoreenabooboo

Track shared on PSN: jackargent

can i still join ,i have IOL paint & OIL rims on my cars
psn G-I-E-P-I-E
picture.php

@ grotepi - it's not too late to sign up for this.
Send your FR to PSN: VCRC
And indicate which time you plan on racing.

But I have to ask... are you in the correct thread? Because that's definitely the wrong car!! :lol: :odd:
Impressive stance though!! :lol:

The cars allowed here are the Golfs:
Volkswagen Golf I GTI '76
Volkswagen Golf IV GTI '01

And tuning is prohibited... so they will have whatever stance they come with stock. ;)
(Which for the golfs, is pretty high up off the ground. ;))

Is the room open yet? Don't want to be first to join cause it's nerdy to be first. :sly:

Kidding, I don't want to host with my rubbish Internet. :lol:

🤬:crazy::crazy: SURE IM IN THE WRIGHT THREAD , IM NEW TO THE SITE SO THAT WAS ONE OF THE PICS I HAD ON MY PC .LOL GOLF 1976 IS MY BIRTHYEAR AND EVEN IN THE MONTH I WAS BORN THE FIRST CAME OUT .. SO YEAH IM SHOWING UP IN A STOCK 76 ,... AND NO BS HACK THATS NOT WHY I WANNA JOIN .IF I WANT HACK OR HYBRIDS I JUST LOOK IN THE NORMAL SERVER LIST ,AND THEN GET HIT ON THE HEAD ,WITH NOTHING BUT SILLY CARS AND SILLY KIDS :crazy::crazy:🤬 LETS FLY THIS RABBIT:nervous:
golf1gtirabbit19775d207hs0.jpg

Last edited:
What we're the final standings from last night. Must have done ok. Got think it was 4 fourths and a 7th. I'd work it out myself but I don't know how many people were in each race. 👍

Back