Racing/Bucket Seats (Momo or Sparco or any other)?

Australia
Australia
Soulfresh-ACV
Can someone who own one of these racing seats advice whether these seats are comfy and worthy of the getting?

I'm looking at taking advantage on Black Friday sales on Amazon which will possibly further reduce the price of these seats which will make them a bargain. And hey, it's Christmas time and a valid Christmas excuse.

I know they're a bit expensive for a rig but these have pretty good resale value as well given that they're FIA approve race seats.

MOMO Start 2012 Race Seat FIA

MOMO Super Cup 2012 Race Seat FIA

MOMO Daytona 2012 Race Seat FIA

MOMO Daytona EVO 2012 Race Seat FIA

Sparco Fighter Black Seat

Sparco 00807FNR Evo Black Grip Seat

Sparco 00827FNR Pro 2000 2 Black Grip Seat

Sparco 00809FNR Pro-ADV Black Grip Seat

Last edited:
Can someone who own one of these racing seats advice whether these seats are comfy and worthy of the getting?

I'm looking at taking advantage on Black Friday sales on Amazon which will possibly further reduce the price of these seats which will make them a bargain. And hey, it's Christmas time and a valid Christmas excuse.

I know they're a bit expensive for a rig but these have pretty good resale value as well given that they're FIA approve race seats.

MOMO Start 2012 Race Seat FIA

MOMO Super Cup 2012 Race Seat FIA

MOMO Daytona 2012 Race Seat FIA

MOMO Daytona EVO 2012 Race Seat FIA

Sparco Fighter Black Seat

Sparco 00807FNR Evo Black Grip Seat

Sparco 00827FNR Pro 2000 2 Black Grip Seat

Sparco 00809FNR Pro-ADV Black Grip Seat
I use just a cheap bucket seat similar to the Sparco Fighter seat. I do find it quite comfortable, even during long stints but you have to be prepared for the fact that you will have no movement in your seat, meaning you are in the same position all the time - whether you are using the PC for racing or other stuff - and it can lead to a slight discomfort over time. Sometimes when I'm not racing and just using the PC for other stuff I don't want to be seated in that some position, I'd like to put a leg up or something - not really possible with a bucket.

Also you are fully enclosed underneath you so you end up sweating quite a bit.

Also you are fully enclosed underneath you so you end up sweating quite a bit.
I'll make sure that I wear proper sweat pants :lol:. I'm planning to get one dedicated for a rig. If it all goes to plan and Amazon doing some major discounts on these seats, I'm planning on getting a few of these and make a small profit sell them locally.

Yeah mine is a dedicated rig but I spend time online downloading mods etc and I've bought a couple of non racing games through Steam that I play on my rig so it would be kind of nice to sit a little more comfortably when doing that stuff but it's not that big a deal.

I don't know what price you can get these proper racing seats for but I'm really happy with my cheap one - I didn't see the point in spending any more on a proper seat as it isn't for in an actual car. I've priced a proper racing bucket for my GT-Four for when I do track days and the seat I got for my sim rig was like a 5th of that price :)

2E2C1592-D760-4BDD-827C-2440D4678C58_zpsioy5btba.jpg

I've a Cobra Sebring Pro full race seat and I definitely would prefer a reclining sports seat sometimes.
The Cobra is great for a few hours of sim racing, but isn't comfortable for other gaming or surfing the web.
I see a new seat for me soon.

I have a Sparco Evo ||| being delivered this week for buddy's Rig im building (i wont fit a evo 3 however) But i can comment on the overall quality when i open up the box and how gooshy the padding is. lol

I also have a cheaper Knock off bucket on my rig currently, I wish i could afford to spend 7-800$ on a B.N seat but i personally cant. IF i could however, I would most likely go for the Momo Daytona Evo or the Sparco Pro ADV.

My very first seat Was a genuine Sparco Fighter, but it had seen FAR better days and was sold to a buddy when i came across my Aero Designes Arges.
http://adaerodesigns.com/productsARGES.html

I have a Sparco Evo ||| being delivered this week for buddy's Rig im building (i wont fit a evo 3 however) But i can comment on the overall quality when i open up the box and how gooshy the padding is. lol

I also have a cheaper Knock off bucket on my rig currently, I wish i could afford to spend 7-800$ on a B.N seat but i personally cant. IF i could however, I would most likely go for the Momo Daytona Evo or the Sparco Pro ADV.

My very first seat Was a genuine Sparco Fighter, but it had seen FAR better days and was sold to a buddy when i came across my Aero Designes Arges.
http://adaerodesigns.com/productsARGES.html

The Aero seats aren't that much cheaper than Sparco or Momo. How comfortable is your Aero or your knock off for that matter?

To be honest, I don't even have a motion setup :P

Last edited:
The previous rig i built for a different buddy, we went with a cheap seat and sure enough the A** pad was rather thin, I would venture to guess 1/2 the thickness of my Arges. For example i took a picture of the padding on my Arges seat

Now i will admit tho, My Genuine Sparco Fighter I originally had, the foam pad wasn't the thickest either and would have been replaced if i were to keep it.

What i also Like about my Arges is the fact its not the Supple oh so delicate material that most Sparco's are made from, The Arges is also a More durable finish material that wont be "fading" or "wearing in" like the Fancy material will over time.

The previous rig i built for a different buddy, we went with a cheap seat and sure enough the A** pad was rather thin, I would venture to guess 1/2 the thickness of my Arges. For example i took a picture of the padding on my Arges seat

Now i will admit tho, My Genuine Sparco Fighter I originally had, the foam pad wasn't the thickest either and would have been replaced if i were to keep it.

What i also Like about my Arges is the fact its not the Supple oh so delicate material that most Sparco's are made from, The Arges is also a More durable finish material that wont be "fading" or "wearing in" like the Fancy material will over time.

That explain why pro drivers walk funny after a race session. Pain in the butt :lol:.

@Khyber What sort of seat are you using in your setup? Have to ask cause you always seem like you have the good stuff. :P

Side mount's can provide Tonnes of adjustment, Pending the mount.

$(KGrHqN,!hMFBbd5hmCBBQYkyKGf9Q~~60_57.JPG
The standard side mounts on mine provided a good amount of adjustability, I ended up reclining it one notch and that was great, two notches was a little too reclined for my liking.

The reclinable comment is probably still quite valid though as it would be nice to be able to quicky recline the seat without affecting the base of the seat for those moments where you might want to lie back a bit, perhaps if you wanted to watch something on the PC however it's not a deal breaker for me, my old seat reclined and I never used it as I generally only sat in it to race, however I didn't have a PC then so that was pretty much all I could do anyway.

've a Cobra Sebring Pro full race seat and I definitely would prefer a reclining sports seat sometimes

The reclinable comment is probably still quite valid though as it would be nice to be able to quicky recline the seat without affecting the base of the seat

Adjustability (or comfortability in general) is definitely something to consider and thanks guys for sharing the insights. I'm slim built but still it's pretty hard to know if the padding is comfy for one's taste. Unfortunately it's not like I can try the seat at the local furniture store :lol:

Adjustability (or comfortability in general) is definitely something to consider and thanks guys for sharing the insights. I'm slim built but still it's pretty hard to know if the padding is comfy for one's taste. Unfortunately it's not like I can try the seat at the local furniture store :lol:
Whereabouts in Australia are you? If you live in Brisbane I'd be happy for you to take mine for a test drive to get a feel for the seat.

For just sim racing the seat is comfortable. My seat padding is thin though and for long periods your arse does become uncomfortable. The good thing is the padding can be changed.

Whereabouts in Australia are you? If you live in Brisbane I'd be happy for you to take mine for a test drive to get a feel for the seat.
Wow, very kind of you but I'm in Melbourne. By the time I reach Brisbane, my arse will be numb enough and not feel a thing lol. :lol:

Thanks anyway 👍

Maybe its just me, but usually when I race, I go for the long haul, usually going for several hours practicing for Sunday night races with my league. I want the most comfortable seat I can find. I don't have to worry about fighting Gs and being tossed around a car, so an actual racing seat is not what I went for. Sure it would look cool, but I would rather sit in a nice plush seat from a Caddy or a Merc. Winters are cold where I'm at, I haven't stepped up to a Benz seat yet, but I do have a Subaru outback seat that is heated and nice to sit in for long stints. I say forget the racing seat and really find something you can sit in for hours and still have feeling in your legs when you stand up.

Maybe its just me, but usually when I race, I go for the long haul, usually going for several hours practicing for Sunday night races with my league. I want the most comfortable seat I can find. I don't have to worry about fighting Gs and being tossed around a car, so an actual racing seat is not what I went for. Sure it would look cool, but I would rather sit in a nice plush seat from a Caddy or a Merc. Winters are cold where I'm at, I haven't stepped up to a Benz seat yet, but I do have a Subaru outback seat that is heated and nice to sit in for long stints. I say forget the racing seat and really find something you can sit in for hours and still have feeling in your legs when you stand up.
One could argue that with the good sim racing gear we buy we strive for a feeling of authenticity. Racing in an actual race car in a long race isn't exactly comfortable.

Authenticity? If a racing seat is really what ties together 2x4s and monitors to make feel more real for you, then have at it. Authenticity be dammed for me, form follows function. The most important thing for me is comfort, then immersion and nothing pulls me out of my immersion like an aching back. I mean, are you also suiting up and putting on a helmet as well? Got a car sitting in your living room as your rig? Surrounded by a roll cage perhaps? I don't mean to be dickish, I just don't see the point of being "authentic" at the cost of discomfort. Not sure of your age, but I am of the age that things are getting stiff and creaky. Sitting in the den of my house, a racing seat isn't going to make anything feel any more or less authentic.

Authenticity? If a racing seat is really what ties together 2x4s and monitors to make feel more real for you, then have at it. Authenticity be dammed for me, form follows function. The most important thing for me is comfort, then immersion and nothing pulls me out of my immersion like an aching back. I mean, are you also suiting up and putting on a helmet as well? Got a car sitting in your living room as your rig? Surrounded by a roll cage perhaps? I don't mean to be dickish, I just don't see the point of being "authentic" at the cost of discomfort. Not sure of your age, but I am of the age that things are getting stiff and creaky. Sitting in the den of my house, a racing seat isn't going to make anything feel any more or less authentic.
Meh, oh well, I'm not you. Function over form for me. Rather have a quick Civic over a ricer one.

Meh, oh well, I'm not you. Function over form for me. Rather have a quick Civic over a ricer one.
you do realize that is exactly what form follows function means right? To that point, the purpose of a racing seat is to help contain you during sustained high G's and to help keep you safe during a wreck, none of which will happen in the comfort of your home. In the case of a sim rig, I would imagine the function of the seat should be to keep you as comfortable as possible to extend the time you can sit and race.

you do realize that is exactly what form follows function means right? To that point, the purpose of a racing seat is to help contain you during sustained high G's and to help keep you safe during a wreck, none of which will happen in the comfort of your home. In the case of a sim rig, I would imagine the function of the seat should be to keep you as comfortable as possible to extend the time you can sit and race.

I beg to differ Lol

Motion rigs Toss you around like a rag doll and without my Belts and Bucket, I would surely end up on the floor beside my rig On particular crashes And or tracks where your Tumbling off the side of a Cliff till you either hit the emergency stop or Find Esc on the Keyboard Lol.

I beg to differ Lol

Motion rigs Toss you around like a rag doll and without my Belts and Bucket, I would surely end up on the floor beside my rig On particular crashes And or tracks where your Tumbling off the side of a Cliff till you either hit the emergency stop or Find Esc on the Keyboard Lol.
Most of us are not blessed with a rig like yours Moxley.

I beg to differ Lol

That's a very nice looking comfy Sparco. Please tease us with your motion rig with a pic at least. :lol:

That Sparco is for A buddy, I wish i could spend that kinda $ on a seat. My Arges feels a little under par quality wise, But the A** pad is Still FAR nicer than the sparco which i was surprised about, the Sparco was rather stiff, This being the Evo 3 the largest bucket seat on the market, so maybe the Soft Cushion just didn't stand the test of time with a larger driver installed. lol my Skinny A** barely makes a dent in it.

Back