Radical RXC 2014

• Thread starter StarLight
  • 24 comments
Portugal
Portugal
vd1xj4.jpg

StarLight presents the Mad, lethal, and road legal Radical RXC. One of the World's most extreme road-legal coupe.

687atj.jpg

As a car manufacturer, on the track, you can't get much more proven than Radical. In just 16 years it's managed to sell over 1,600 race cars, designed a car for Le Mans in under a year, and holds the production lap record for street-legal vehicles at the Nurburgring (a frankly terrifying time of 6 minutes and 48 seconds). The Radical ethos is based on lightweight sports cars that use superbike technology, resulting in supercar pace at a fraction of the cost. To say Radical does its talking on the track is a gross understatement.

With its most successful model, the SR3, Radical began to toy with the idea of its cars on the road, as it could be converted to become road legal. With the SR3 SL, or street legal, in 2012 Radical explored this further.

Radical's newest, and certainly maddest, creation, the RXC, has been designed from the ground up with both road and track in mind. Although, one look at its exterior, and it's not hard to guess where this car belongs.

The RXC is absolutely bonkers. The one we encountered in its garish yellow paint job didn't help this impression. To think that this LMP1-style car, with a multi-adjustable rear wing and seven-speed sequential Quaife paddle shift gearbox (built specifically for this car), can pop to the shops for a pint of milk is simply staggering. And I've been informed it takes speed bumps really rather well.

The engine itself is the 3.5 L EcoBoost V6, offering 365 horsepower and 420 lb-ft of torque (when installed in the Ford F150). Already impressive enough; but when it gets placed in the RXC Turbo, it bumps up to 454 horsepower and 500 lb-ft of torque.
Further it is listed as having a 2.6 seconds 0-60 acceleration and tops out at a speed of 185 miles per hour. The car itself weighs just 900kg with 454 bhp doesn't sound too bad at all.

The RXC is the first Radical with a roof. It was designed with one eye on the Middle Eastern market, where the option of air conditioning and a roof is a must. Radical said their aim was to design the world's most extreme road-legal coupe, but one that could sit two grown men comfortably, be at home on the road, and still destroy everything in sight when it mattered.
A little ambitious it seems.

Specifications
Engine: 3.7-litre V6
Power: 350 bhp
Torque: 320 lb. ft.
0-62 mph: 2.8 seconds
Top speed: 175 mph

Radical-RXC-2013-Leichtbau-Sportwagen-V6-02.jpg

Radical_Logo.png

HERE IS THE OTHER RADICAL

VOTE FOR THIS RADICAL TOO

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Well, XCAR has nothing to do with it really, mate. XCAR are just the folks, who covered this car and drove it.
It's just a Radical RXC ;)

But I'd love to see that car in there, so you have my like!

Well, XCAR has nothing to do with it really, mate. XCAR are just the folks, who covered this car and drove it.
It's just a Radical RXC ;)

But I'd love to see that car in there, so you have my like!

You are right, thanks for the heads up. 👍
Oops my bad, will be corrected in a minute.

Sweet. Should be tremendously fun arround the ring. An excelent Radical if you like to drive without getting your face "destroyed" while driving by the wind. Kinda like Jeremy Clarkson when he tested the Ariel Atom :lol:

Sweet. Should be tremendously fun arround the ring. An excelent Radical if you like to drive without getting your face "destroyed" while driving by the wind. Kinda like Jeremy Clarkson when he tested the Ariel Atom :lol:

The person inside the car on the pic looks like Jeremy Clarkson too, seems his face prefers the RXC.

Back