Raikkonen signed five-year deal at Ferrari!

• Thread starter Carl.
  • 76 comments
Or roundabout $10 for us west of the Atlantic pond. I don't really have that to spare at the moment. College has already depleted my money stores and it is only going to get worse.

MICHAEL SCHUMACHER

The guy does the workload of 10 men,

Yeah right... As has been said before, 2005 was the 1st year for a long time that he actually did any off season work.

I bet you think the man's a GOD, the best F1 driver that has ever taken to the track etc etc...

To be fair he's broken practically every record...and he doesn't have 7 world titles for nothing.

In the end, for some, he's the driver you hate to love and love to hate.

I like Schumacher, I’m a real fan. But, in the end, he is not the be-all and end-all.

I'd say something about watching the F1 and having it said but seeing as I doubt you get ITV out there lol. Anyway, Ross Brawn said nothing to correct the "3 year deal" comment stated so that would suggest it's a 3 year deal.

On a day of Ferrari announcements, the team later confirmed that Kimi Raikkonen, who finished runner-up to Schumacher at Monza, would be his replacement alongside Felipe Massa.

Raikkonen, who currently drives for McLaren, has signed a three-year deal at Maranello, with Massa extending his own contract until the end of 2008.

The Finn qualified on pole position ahead of Schumacher and narrowly led the race for the opening 15 laps before making his first pit stop.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx...id=4161&title=Schumacher+announces+retirement

incase anyone needs further convincing of his 3 year deal, not 5

Bee
So is anyone at all happy that Massa kept his seat? :)
He certainly deserves to keep it the way he's been driving recently. He's been giving Michael a hard time, especially in qualifying.

Did anyone else notice Michael whisppering something in Kimi's ear on the podium as the Italian anthem began?

I bet he was saying something along the lines of "You'll be hearing this music a lot over the next 3 years!"

I find it strange when I hear the German anthem all the way through. I keep expecting to hear the upbeat bit in the middle all the time!

I wonder how it will sound following on from the Finnish one.

To be fair he's broken practically every record...and he doesn't have 7 world titles for nothing.

In the end, for some, he's the driver you hate to love and love to hate.

If we are being fair, then at least 1 championship he cheated in order to win. How many races was he given the win by his team mate at the time, who supposidly had the same spec of car etc etc. The team's he has driven for have bent the rules in order to make sure that he has the best chance of winnning and breaking those same records. Talk about dragging the sport into disrapute. How many people have stopped watching F1 because it's, quote 'boring, Schumaker always wins'!!!

daan
Bee
So is anyone at all happy that Massa kept his seat? :)
He certainly deserves to keep it the way he's been driving recently. He's been giving Michael a hard time, especially in qualifying.

I agree Daan, I'm happy that Massa kept his seat for the reasons you state above.

Back