Rally Car Setups??

United States
Colorado
I know that a lot of people don't bother with the Rally Cars & expressly dirt tracks. Anyway does anybody have or know of any setups?
Also if I remember right I needed to change something in the controller setting as well. Also with the 1 lap race at Fishermans Ranch (Japanese 4wd challenge 500) were you have to use a Road Car. Everting I try to do this race I have no acceleration when I hit the gas. After what seems like a life time I finally get some power. What do I need to change so that I can finish this race?

garystevens64

Last edited:
This rally car have originally a very soft suspension , soft springs and dampers for the car favor weight transfer around the 4 tires. It's for dirt or gymcana , not for circuit . The car is impossible to drive inline this way.

So i did a tarmac / circuit setup , favor steady driving line and limiting weight transfer. I couldn't kill the car turning it over tighted , so i've found a compromise that suit perfectly around any fast track , performing the same as very top 700PP car.

However the car still have a good rotation and you have to take care with your rear end sometime passing over depressions when perform late braking . The sanction is loud.I join a short video to explain.

Enjoy your drive. ><(((((°>°°°°°°° Praiano Tuning
by: Praiano sun
rally 98 700 1.jpeg
Subaru Impreza Rally Car '98 - 700PP - All track (not dirt) - 1.49

Last edited:
This rally car have originally a very soft suspension , soft springs and dampers for the car favor weight transfer around the 4 tires. It's for dirt or gymcana , not for circuit . The car is impossible to drive inline this way.

So i did a tarmac / circuit setup , favor steady driving line and limiting weight transfer. I couldn't kill the car turning it over tighted , so i've found a compromise that suit perfectly around any fast track , performing the same as very top 700PP car.

However the car still have a good rotation and you have to take care with your rear end sometime passing over depressions when perform late braking . The sanction is loud.I join a short video to explain.

Enjoy your drive. ><(((((°>°°°°°°° Praiano Tuning
by: Praiano sunView attachment 1378254Subaru Impreza Rally Car '98 - 700PP - All track (not dirt) - 1.49
Tune says "locked" unless you join. That's no tune at all.

I'll just try one of the others that are free.

If I paid for every tune I have gotten off the internet I wouldn't be driving an M2, but thanks for the advice I didn't ask for.
Nice car mate. M2 gets superb reviews, abd the chap at my local bmw dealership has one and raves ablut it. One of the best m cars in years from whst I can tell.

I have an m3 f80 comp. Had it over 3 years now and still love the thing. Way it performs, looks etc. Not considered replacing it as it's simply spot on for me. Hsve you remapped/stage 1/2/3 yours? I'm considering stage 1'ing mine, but at 460bhp... it's more than ebough to feel savage/visceral enough for me. But temptation for more power always there. After all, many seem bemused why you'd want 460bhp on british roads, never mind, 500, 600 plus !!

Utter raging beast, that makes uku feel alive, that's also a nice, respectable famiky car too (don't need bigger/hatch boot).

Never thought I'd be so attached to a car!

Only downside is slight anxiety I feel when a brown official looking envelope hits my floor mat :D!

Was doing, well, an 'enthusiastic' speed briefly on wide open quiet motorway couple of months ago, to spot a mobile speed camera on the bridge a Mile or 2 away as I went round a slight curve. Hit breaks, but wason my mind fir the 2 weeks notice window after!! Torque from the 3 ltr straight 6 twin turbo at any speed/rpm range is out of this workd.

As chris harris said, the car simply demands to pushed all tge time, takes a lot of discipline to show restrained and not somewhat push it all the time!

Last edited:
B80
Nice car mate. M2 gets superb reviews, abd the chap at my local bmw dealership has one and raves ablut it. One of the best m cars in years from whst I can tell.

I have an m3 f80 comp. Had it over 3 years now and still love the thing. Way it performs, looks etc. Not considered replacing it as it's simply spot on for me. Hsve you remapped/stage 1/2/3 yours? I'm considering stage 1'ing mine, but at 460bhp... it's more than ebough to feel savage/visceral enough for me. But temptation for more power always there. After all, many seem bemused why you'd want 460bhp on british roads, never mind, 500, 600 plus !!
I always loved the F80/F82, but they're both a bit large for me. I have been looking for something more E46 size as my daily for a long time, and when the M2 came along it was a no-brainer.

My car is Stage 2/93 octane, so 450/490, and that's all it needs.

Once more, with feeling. by Andrew Thompson, on Flickr

I also have an Exige as my toy, so I'm not looking to get everything from one car.

Today was a good day. by Andrew Thompson, on Flickr

I always loved the F80/F82, but they're both a bit large for me. I have been looking for something more E46 size as my daily for a long time, and when the M2 came along it was a no-brainer.

My car is Stage 2/93 octane, so 450/490, and that's all it needs.

Once more, with feeling. by Andrew Thompson, on Flickr

I also have an Exige as my toy, so I'm not looking to get everything from one car.

Today was a good day. by Andrew Thompson, on Flickr
Now that's a nice choice to have mate. Clearly a proper petrol head ;) moment someone mentions they hsve a lotus, I take note... usually sign of someone properly into cars imo.

Not that there's any laws/rules, but some wealthy people buy high performance german cars as they're somewhat wealthy and just buy them because they can. they're nice cars of course, but have wider appeal. Whereas lotus tend to only be bought by enthusiasts imo.

I felt same about m5 re size mate. I had a new f90 a to test for 2 days couple of years back. Was worried my m3 would feel underwhelming after, but I was a little disappointed with the m5 tbh. V8 rumble barely audible (eu regs perhaps re noise on newer cars, orvperhaps wealthy people dont sant a raging beast put the box). Looked into it and seems yiu need to spend another 6k plus to bring sound to life. Could really feel weight, abd didn't feel as visceral as my m3. Lack sensation of speed torque, baring in mind it's a 100k
600bhp car... came away thinking it was a very nice, quick big car. But didn't elicite any feeling, tingles etc... as I'd want from a 100k high performance car. I expect to come away wowed, thinking that was something really special.

Probably best suited for more motorway driving, autobahn than typical UK roads. Bit like review I read on m8... too big for uk roads, in general. Can't properly bring it to life on uk roads, unless constantly pushing into license losing territory.

Also dobt like m5 looks. Too understated imo, although that can be remedied of course. Something not quite right/appealing, purposeful looking as m2, m3, m4 etc.

Wouldbt say no too one of course, but I was underwhelmed in all honesty. Power to weight ratio definitely a thing. Porsche probably best for savage performance abd pure driving experiencr bliss.... without entering top tier supercar territory price. That said, gt3 rs not overly cheap are they!

Last edited:
B80
Now that's a nice choice to have mate. Clearly a proper petrol head ;) moment someone mentions they hsve a lotus, I take note... usually sign of someone properly into cars imo.

Not that there's any laws/rules, but some wealthy people buy high performance german cars as they're somewhat wealthy and just buy them because they can. they're nice cars of course, but have wider appeal. Whereas lotus tend to only be bought by enthusiasts imo.
I agree. The average M-car driver isn't going to be the enthusiast the average Lotus driver is.

I've had my Exige for 15 years, and it'll be with me until I can no longer get in and out of it. Nothing compares. There are faster cars for sure, but the feel of the car is unmatched. I suspect a lot of it is down to the 1900 lb (860 kg) weight, no power anything, and 100 aa auto-x tires. I've modded the car extensively, and it's a proper race car for the road for sure.

The M2 is just easy. I've modded it quite a bit if you look closely, especially the CCB's, but I don't want to go too far, as it's still a daily.

As a German, I dont like those.
But we had quite a few good rally options - yet als Walther has said and proven: its the driver to win, not the car.
I think German cars held in higher regard/prestige i uk and US than in Germany!

definitely an aspirational thing going on to own a German car over here.

Audi in particular seem popular with women/young women. Doesn't matter much about the engine/performance, just has to have 4 circles on bonnet (Usually with s line sports trim to make it look more powerful, imposing/aggressive...) to impress the neighbours/other people...

Over priced White goods imo at lower end of engine scale, but they're aspirational in uk.

And of course negative stereotypes from quarters ie small penises, not usingvindicstors etc :D

Both true in my case.

Last edited:
Back