Red Bull Reveals 1200hp, V10 Hybrid RB17 Hypercar

• Thread starter Famine
  • 30 comments
One day I'm going to write a car culture/news piece where there's not a comment about it coming to GT7 in the first five responses...

No Way Not Today GIF by Global TV

A real car that will perform quite close to the X2014 Standard in a GT game. I understand that only 50 will be produce and most of them will lock as far as 200 miles being positive.
But car culture is also subjective and there's a lot peripheral consequences when you have the luck to behold something like this. Personally I celebrate this day because someone did such a car. It will be the fastest, 2 seats, production car, for a very long time.
Save this message.

The only thing that could make me care about this....vehicle...is if it joins the WEC Hypercar field. Otherwise, what's the point?
To inspire, to show the very best of car performance tech. Probably 0.1 % of worldwide population can afford a supercar, but thanks to them is that people like me are in car business. And this is the car from no other than the most successful engineer in F1 history. So I (and lots of people) prefer a world where these kind of cars exits.

The only thing that could make me care about this....vehicle...is if it joins the WEC Hypercar field. Otherwise, what's the point?
Make it accessible to the rich and famous.... Become a poster car .... Inspire good design and aerodynamic engineering.... Just like Gordon Murray....

Isnt this a Valkyrie???? The engines of both cars, are made by Cosworth right? but this is a v10 and thats a v12??

Interested Season 10 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

One day I'm going to write a car culture/news piece where there's not a comment about it coming to GT7 in the first five responses...

No Way Not Today GIF by Global TV

You got a record on how many posts it took for someone to mention it coming to GT?

Purchased by current, former race car drivers, hopefully, as not many other people (even with training) can get everything out of this beast.

images (36).jpeg

Screenshot_20240713_020528_YouTube.jpg

Adrian started the AMR Pro, when Aston and RB broke apart, Aston took the canceled LMH and converted it to the AMR Pro we know (that's why entering in LMH in 2025 was an easy decision for Aston) and Adrian took everything he did for the previous AMR Pro and improve it.
My theory of course... but I love it.

kjb
I wonder if this is a precursor to a WEC entry. Looks good and I can see the Valkyrie influence on this one
No chance at all, at least not with a car derived from this one. The things you'd have to do to slow this down enough to run in WEC would render it a completely different car.

Last edited:
I get that but if I'm not mistaken there's homologation rule for WEC that states a manufacturer has have a t least 50 cars. SO while that exact car wouldn't be in WEC some version of it could race

No chance at all. The things you'd have to do to slow this down enough to run in WEC would render it a completely different car.
100% agree. It's like explaining General Relativity with rockets and clocks, except it's no more General Relativity. Would be interesting to understand where is that line.

Not that I will ever get to drive one of these things, but I hope the transmission is better than the one in the Valkyrie.

From a Youtube punter's perspective, the transmission whine is too loud and the shifts are too slow.

Last edited:
Back