RedBull X2010 killed my G27

Brazil
Recife
alexgontijo
Hi guys,

After driving more than 100.000 Km, got Platinum Trophy last month, and playing all day long without problems, I decided to take the X2010 tonight for a record time in the Nurburgring Nordschleife. My G27 has just completed 1 year, and it is out of warranty, but is still very new, I'm very careful.

Well, about 30 minutes driving like crazy, I was already on 3m50 low, my wheel started to stay turned to right, offcenter, about 15 degrees. I paused the game. Unplugged the USB, reconnect, it calibrated itself again, and it was ok (centralized) for more 5 minutes. Then it happened again. I made it again the recalibration, and then it lasted only few corners... It was like if I had the heavy damage turned on and hit the wall badly, but I was without it, no damage whatsoever.

I tried on another game, F1 2010, and the same thing happened. I tried on my PC playing rFactor, and the same thing happened.

I looked over the web and found this thread (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=215072), saying the G27 screws are weak, and the optical wheel sensor isn't actually strong enough for the design.

The power of the X2010 with the Force Feedback set to 10 is too strong for the G27. According to various posts, the smoother you are, the longer the wheel will last. But you can't drive as smooth as Jenson Button on a X2010 in the Nordschleife! So your wheel basically lasts just the time of the warranty. :(

Here is supposed how to fix it: http://www.jlvrh.de/G27_UK.htm. I'm going to try tomorrow. Hope it works, cause Logitech won't fix it for me (I live in Brazil but I bought it in US).

Keep away from the beast, or decrease the FFB for the X2010!

AleX
PSN: alexgontijo

I own a G27 and I have only driven/borrowed an X2010 once. The wheel was so strong with this car and the turning radius was so awkward.
I will keep what you said in mind and never drive one. *with my wheel hah

I had this happen to me but not with using the X2010. The second time I had to go in for the optical wheel being broken from the shaft I also found the screws, holding the black plate holding the wheel, had started to back themselves out. Used Blue Locktight and haven't had a bit of trouble yet.

Don't Logitech have a 2 year warranty period? I would contact Logitech before you open up your wheel. If you still have the receipt/invoice they'll ask you to send them a photo/scan of it via email, and they should replace your faulty product. My G25 was months out of its warranty period when it developed a fault but they still sent me a new shiny G27 as a replacement.

And the X1, Ferrari F10, F1 2007 cars shouldn't be used with a wheel because of the FFB/high downforce bug, over time it will destroy your wheel. The strong FFB shaking occurs when the front wheels of these cars push through the track. It's been there since day 1 and Polyphony still haven't bothered to fix it.

I turn it down to 1 and the lowest wheel setting but it still vibrates crazy on the Indy 500!

The FFB setting in the option menu for some reason isn't linked to the X1, F10, F2007 and Rallying events (this was with the G25) I've never tried the G27 with the game due to the ****** support.

IF YOU READ THIS POLYPHONY PLEASE FIX IT! THANKS!!

Turn TTB to 1
Only drive the X2010 during the S.Vettel Challenge, somehow it doesn't vibrate so much there.

...Never in previous eras has a car inside a video game stuffed a steering wheel.

What has PD done? A virtual reality car that literally breaks the controller (wheel).

The x2010 is a stupid creation especially for wheels. PD needs to add support for the g series wheels and fix the deadzone issue like every other game has done. Then GT5 will be perfect in my eyes

Guys, it's hard to believe but the G27 is back!!!

I followed this guide: http://www.jlvrh.de/G27_UK.htm, and the screw wasn't that loose, but I tighten it anyway.

G27_17.jpg

Reassembly everything and it just works perfectly, like new!!! I can't believe it!!!

Anyway, I'll keep X2010 just for demo purposes, its license has been banned for my GT5!

Thanks very much everybody!!! My G27 just had come back from the dead!!!

Best,

AleX

PD needs to add a more in depth FFB and wheel calibration settings in the game. I want to change the sensitivity of the brake gas and clutch pedals so I can enjoy the game how I want.

Anyone know about the issue with the H Gate shifter not being able to go into reverse for the G25? Mine has been like this for months and I haven't tried opening it up yet.

And the X1, Ferrari F10, F1 2007 cars shouldn't be used with a wheel because of the FFB/high downforce bug, over time it will destroy your wheel. The strong FFB shaking occurs when the front wheels of these cars push through the track. It's been there since day 1 and Polyphony still haven't bothered to fix it.

so thats what it is!

man when I was driving my f10 I felt that, and i was like WTF :indiff:

first thing i thought was "this cant be right"

definitely not going to use these cars anymore, frickin g25 was expensive

THIS HAPPENED TO ME TOO! MY WHEEL IS BROKEN!

When I turned it it would be clunky, and now it doesn't even respond in the game. I am not good with taking it apart, so I have to get a new one for half off, since I'm out of the warranty.

Hey man, calm down, all you need to do is tighten one screw. Use the link above and you get your G27 working as new in about 30 minutes!

There is no secret, do it step by step, take pictures of some parts to ensure you will assembly it back the right way. There's nothing complicated at all, just removing the screws, and taking it apart. Then opening the 1 little engine cap, and tight the only screw there is.

Trust me, it worth the try, you have nothing to lose. My G27 is better than before, its calibration is quicker, just like the first day I got it!

Good luck!

PD has nailed it. The X1 is extremely fragile. Ya drive it a few miles, most likely things need replaced or rebuilt.
It's carried over so realistically people now need to repair their wheel!

Amazing!

saidaouita
PD has nailed it. The X1 is extremely fragile. Ya drive it a few miles, most likely things need replaced or rebuilt.
It's carried over so realistically people now need to repair their wheel!

Amazing!

Rofl.

Sorry to resurrect the thread, but I've come across the same issue with the FFB being way too strong for the X1. Ironically, if you look at the cockpit view, the handling is done via some touch sensor, so, basically, the car wouldn't have FFB in the first place. >.>

Back