Relaxed, General Forza 5 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 655 comments
Not sure what all you talking about. If a PC game is stated as "by far the prettiest racing game ever made to date" is of course with its better gfx settings and running under a very good gfx card capable of sustain a good framerate under these conditions.

The programers "choices" argument and the minimum pc required to run a featureless or graphically downgraded Pcars is obviously not what I'm discussing.

Neither I have stated anything about graphical settings in consoles. The comparisson is about the most demanding scenario (raining, time change, etc) in a game programmed and optimized for an "outdated" console hardware vs a PC game running maxed out in a newer and more powerfull hardware.
I cant recall correctly at this time, but weren't you the one defending PD for a time for having those options(rain, time change, etc.) and argued when anyone would bring up this same argument against PD? I just find that really odd.

If that wasn't you, than I apologize.

I cant recall correctly at this time, but weren't you the one defending PD for a time for having those options(rain, time change, etc.) and argued when anyone would bring up this same argument against PD? I just find that really odd.

If that wasn't you, than I apologize.
Yes, and I'm not saying that a PC game should not have these option available if at the time does not exist a gfx card capable of sustain a minimum of 60fps with these features running. Neither I'm saying that playing under 60fps in those conditions is a bad thing (under 30fps it is).

The discussion is about what a competent team is capable to extract from a weak hardware console (closed environment) vs what a Pc is capable with a much better hardware regarding optimizations and brute force use of the hardware (almost unlimited resources depending of the PC configuration and newer cards appearing in the time).

And all that regarding the wrongly made hardware equity 1:1, pc vs consoles, to guess what their exclusive games are capable with their limited hardware respect the top PC games running in top hardware. And prettiest graphics.

Basically this:
https://twitter.com/id_aa_carmack/status/50277106856370176

Paying anything over $60 for a GAME is an abomination!
Nintendo cartridges were $70, in 1990s dollars. :P

I spent $130 on Forza Horizon, which contributed to securing a sequel as far as I'm concerned. And I still got better than $1/hour out of it. Maybe closer to $0.50/hour, IIRC. That's cheap entertainment, which goes to show there's nothing irrational about paying extra on a game you really enjoy.

I spent $130 on Forza Horizon, which contributed to securing a sequel as far as I'm concerned. And I still got better than $1/hour out of it. Maybe closer to $0.50/hour, IIRC. That's cheap entertainment, which goes to show there's nothing irrational about paying extra on a game you really enjoy.
Just like the seventy bucks I spent on SNES Chrono Trigger my hundred-pound investment in Horizon 2 has definitely paid off so far... 368 hours and counting.

Just like the seventy bucks I spent on SNES Chrono Trigger my hundred-pound investment in Horizon 2 has definitely paid off so far... 368 hours and counting.

Wow... I must say..I'm at a bit of a loss for words here.. *Jon Stewart voice*

Cos' you ladies are going to weep yourselves to sleep when you find out how much we pay for games here...

In New Zealand a game that just released can cost $110NZD.
By the way GST (Goods & services tax) is included in the price.

Last edited:
This is from an outsider looking in becausw i am contemplating getting a Xbox One mainly for Forza and Horizon. What is the current community like? I can't seem to find a super active forum site like Gtplanet is for the gt community. I just want to know how the current community is. I am doing this because GT7 will not be realeased for a while and nothing on PC compares to a game having customization and sim like at the same time. And if you have any other input let me know. Already have a ps4 by the way.

This is from an outsider looking in becausw i am contemplating getting a Xbox One mainly for Forza and Horizon. What is the current community like? I can't seem to find a super active forum site like Gtplanet is for the gt community. I just want to know how the current community is. I am doing this because GT7 will not be realeased for a while and nothing on PC compares to a game having customization and sim like at the same time. And if you have any other input let me know. Already have a ps4 by the way.
The main site would be the best bet. It has a pretty big community. Not exactly sure how it goes with leagues and what not because I had a tendency to stick to ForzaPlanet because it was always more homey and easy going.

The main site would be the best bet. It has a pretty big community. Not exactly sure how it goes with leagues and what not because I had a tendency to stick to ForzaPlanet because it was always more homey and easy going.

That's true. I'm surprised that I'm considering buying an Xbox One but Forza looks amazing and I can use my G27 with it. Unlike the PS4.

That's true. I'm surprised that I'm considering buying an Xbox One but Forza looks amazing and I can use my G27 with it. Unlike the PS4.
I'm not so sure you can use your G27 on it, or even on the 360 for that matter. I haven't been keeping up with peripherals, but you might want to double check on that before you make the purchase.

Forzamotorsport.com is very active site....BUT if I remember correctly it is heavy modded to the point your post will take a couple hours to even be seen on the Forums...It might has gotten better I dont know..havent been on in a while since it hard to get a straight answer for something. But there is alot of good info on there
Another good one is 2old2play.com there is a quite large racing community there..more laid back

Yes, you have a probation period there. Once that's over you can post without a moderation period.

Forzamotorsport.com is very active site....BUT if I remember correctly it is heavy modded to the point your post will take a couple hours to even be seen on the Forums...It might has gotten better I dont know..havent been on in a while since it hard to get a straight answer for something. But there is alot of good info on there
Another good one is 2old2play.com there is a quite large racing community there..more laid back

It's a good forum.. up to the point when you whine/complain or raise a serious issue or two... they basically tell you to email the official email address... and that's it. Thread gets locked, no response from T10.

Good day Sir/Mayum! :D

Yes, you have a probation period there. Once that's over you can post without a moderation period.

I bypassed it fairly quickly once I asked about it and pointed out the ForzaPlanet connection :P.

That said, the official site's forums are awful from a design perspective compared to what Jordan's got for us here. I'm sure it's not entirely T10's fault, and mostly Microsoft insisting on their own bizarre mix of some-HTML/some-BB/other-random-garbage, but, well... they've got image signatures. That says it all, really.

I've also yet to run into any problems resulting from my being critical of the series. I was right pissed with how poorly FH2-360 was treated, and my post(s) about it were neither edited nor closed.

Last edited:
I bypassed it fairly quickly once I asked about it and pointed out the ForzaPlanet connection :P.

That said, the official site's forums are awful from a design perspective compared to what Jordan's got for us here. I'm sure it's not entirely T10's fault, and mostly Microsoft insisting on their own bizarre mix of some-HTML/some-BB/other-random-garbage, but, well... they've got image signatures. That says it all, really.

I've also yet to run into any problems resulting from my being critical of the series. I was right pissed with how poorly FH2-360 was treated, and my post(s) about it were neither edited nor closed.

That's because T10 and Microsoft have little to do with it. Microsoft only had a share in distributing it; it's a Sumo Digital game, so if anything, you ought to voice your feedback on their forum, if they have one.

That's because T10 and Microsoft have little to do with it. Microsoft only had a share in distributing it; it's a Sumo Digital game, so if anything, you ought to voice your feedback on their forum, if they have one.
He did, at the main site. That is it's forum. Like he said, I've never had a problem with expressing my distaste for certain things. If you manage to approach it with respect and put together something that has atleast semi-decent punctuation then its all fine. The only threads I notice get locked are the ones straight out disrespecting the staff, asking about why they're banned, or opening up something thats being discussed already. A lot like here actually.

They also have appropriate means of getting in contact with the staff, as opening up a thread just to straight out downplay something is frowned upon just as much here, as it is there. Being an officially license forum, they dont have time to deal with a bunch of riff-raff. Hell, GTP doesn't have time to deal with that either, thats why actions are *usually swift.

*not the case with every situation, as there are some that would rather make multiple threads when told not to, or make multiple accounts just to try to get their last word in.

Oh well lucky you :P I dreaded the moderation period, as your post usually get skipped over because it doesnt post it as a new post, rather it just squeezes you in at the time you actually posted.

I have to agree, I hated their forums. Through my whole time spent online over the years, I've always opted, and stayed active, on the ones that utilized a more common vB setup. It just runs faster, and smoother. Image sigs, on one hand I would like it here, on the other it doesnt really bother me enough to complain about it. Still, the moderation that would have to go down would probably be to much of a hassle for you guys to control.

@ImaRobot you have my curiosity up about the probation period over at fm.net..Like I was saying I never got a answer on some of my posts but if its true that the posts wouldnt get posted on top of the forums but rather down the page maybe that is my problem...I havent been on there in months but the closer fm6 gets I might start going back...So my question is how long is the probation period??

He did, at the main site. That is it's forum. Like he said, I've never had a problem with expressing my distaste for certain things. If you manage to approach it with respect and put together something that has atleast semi-decent punctuation then its all fine. The only threads I notice get locked are the ones straight out disrespecting the staff, asking about why they're banned, or opening up something thats being discussed already. A lot like here actually.

They also have appropriate means of getting in contact with the staff, as opening up a thread just to straight out downplay something is frowned upon just as much here, as it is there. Being an officially license forum, they dont have time to deal with a bunch of riff-raff. Hell, GTP doesn't have time to deal with that either, thats why actions are *usually swift.

*not the case with every situation, as there are some that would rather make multiple threads when told not to, or make multiple accounts just to try to get their last word in.

Right; agreed.

Back