Replacement for the Devil Z?

Watched the first episode yesterday on Youtube. How has this not been picked up for dubbing?!?!?! This, along with Initial D, has Adult Swim written all over it!!!!

I was about to say they might be too niche for AS, but given what AS's target audience appears to be I'd say they're probably perfect! I haven't watched any Initial D, read the first 20 or so books though, and I did play a Wangan Midnight arcade game not long ago which I thought was just a rip-off of Initial D... The only cars I remember were an AE86, FD3S and an Evo VI, though? There definitely wasn't a Porsche involved, though there may have been a Z.

If I were trying to find a substitute for a particular car, though, I'd be tempted to keep it in the family, as it were. Like when I wanted to make a Lotus Carlton tribute, I used the Holden Monaro CV8. As it turned out it was far, far easier to drive and faster than the Carlton, but at least it was still a GM model.

So yeah, maybe don't try to make a replica, call it a tribute, you get more leeway like that?

Latest Posts

Back